Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 382

Thread: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

  1. #151
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Can we get a water sample from her district and see what's making all those voters so dimwitted as to elect the worst congresswoman ever... A true disgrace.
    Ah, yes, I give you your holy queen.



    The only woman who can beat herself at tic-tac-toe.

  2. #152
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I love the teabaggers.
    They're so on the ball,
    they've already begun campaigning for Obama's re-election in 2012.

    Good work, guys! Keep it up.
    So tell me... was that sweaty taste an acquired thing or did you like it with the first dip?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #153
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Of course its a pathway to more socialism when the public option was again introduced on Monday
    No it's not because the insurance indurstry is still owned by the private sector. Also just because they brung the public option back up doesn't mean they're going to put it in the reconciliation bill. Just a couple days before this bill was voted on house speaker Nancy Pelosi said she wasn't going to include the public option in this legislation nor the reconcilation bill.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

  4. #154
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive86 View Post
    No it's not because the insurance indurstry is still owned by the private sector.
    Now here is tell tail sign of socialism. Just whom should own the insurance industry if not the private sector?

    Also just because they brung the public option back up doesn't mean they're going to put it in the reconciliation bill. Just a couple days before this bill was voted on house speaker Nancy Pelosi said she wasn't going to include the public option in this legislation nor the reconcilation bill.
    #1 I never said they would put it in the reconciliation bill.

    As many liberals have said, this is the first step.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #155
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    So tell me... was that sweaty taste an acquired thing or did you like it with the first dip?

  6. #156
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    LOL well done Taylor.

    Mr T is epic
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-24-10 at 06:04 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #157
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Now here is tell tail sign of socialism. Just whom should own the insurance industry if not the private sector?
    Well personally I believe that we should have a Universal Health Care system (or at least a Public Option) that will cover ALL Americans so it can not only expand coverage but curb costs significantly so families don't go backrupt because they just couldn't afford to pay their premiums and stuff like that. I'm just someone who doesn't believe in our private insurance companies anymore because they're more concerned with their profits than the well being of our citizens.

    That's my main issue with the bill that just passed two days ago is that it doesn't do any to bring down the costs.

    Also you misinterpreted the point I was trying to make here. I said that the insurance industry is still owned by the private sector as a response to you saying that everything is now socialized.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    #1 I never said they would put it in the reconciliation bill.

    As many liberals have said, this is the first step.
    I never said you did say that, I just used that as a comment getting at the statement you said on how they were somehow going to throw the public option back into the mix.

    Sure liberals have said that but that don't mean it's gonna happen.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

  8. #158
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive86 View Post
    That's where I disagree with you because according to the Bill of Rights, It's something that doesn't just apply to citizens and residents but all people.

    For instance the Fifth Amendment says "NO PERSON shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

    By saying that you're going against what this section says and you're agreeing with the horrible way Bush handled foreign policy like when he called for military trials of the 9/11 hijackers instead of civilian trials like they were intended to be.



    You're right, There are many people within that group who have no idea what's going on but I wouldn't say that about everyone though. But I will say that I don't believe they're as patriotic as they're trying to make themselves out to be right now because if they were then they would have stood alongside with us when we were going against the bad things The Bush Administration did.

    On a final note, I'ma agree with you on what you said at the end of this post because I do think Glenn Beck is out of hand with how he attacks The Obama Administration by refering to him as a Nazi and a Communist because he's doing it in a way as if he wants his listeners to use violence towards people in Congress and his Administration. He uses no logic whatsoever and everything is just a panic attack on how America is becoming like Mao's China (which is pretty laughable but can be dangerous in the wrong hands).
    We can agree to disagree on the supposed rights of non resident non citizen aliens it just shows that us Anti -Tea P's do not march lock step like those whose minds are controlled by Glen Beck.

    I did not say that all TP's and their camp followers sic do not know what the hell is going on but many mmany do not.

    True that the TP's are not truly patriotic and the sadf part is that they have convinced dupes to believe, albiet falsely, that just becasue someone waves a circa 1775 -1776 flag that they are patriotic. The real dangerous thing is that the Republican party has embarassed these bufoons because the TP's have become "usefull idiots" to them. The funny thing is that the Communists used "usefull idiots" for their own purposes. I wonder if the TP's realize that they are using a communist tactic. Propably do and to not care.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  9. #159
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Completely rubbish.
    So you think that I spoke "runbbish" ? Well tell me what rights do you believe "foreign terrorists " who are " not (US) citizens" should have ? I do not believe that they even have a right to live. But I will listen!!!
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  10. #160
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia's John Lewis

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    True that the TP's are not truly patriotic and the sadf part is that they have convinced dupes to believe, albiet falsely, that just becasue someone waves a circa 1775 -1776 flag that they are patriotic. The real dangerous thing is that the Republican party has embarassed these bufoons because the TP's have become "usefull idiots" to them. The funny thing is that the Communists used "usefull idiots" for their own purposes. I wonder if the TP's realize that they are using a communist tactic. Propably do and to not care.
    Well it's pretty obvious that many of them are influenced by Beck and are in arms with the Republican party because a lot of them have said in protests that they get their sources from talk radio or Fox News which is pretty bad. The issue I have with all of this and think is very dangerous is that this is what feeds the machine. I refer to the machine as the two party system which has failed us big time and the hand that feeds both of them which are the corporate lobbyist. As long as this country remains divided in this close minded partisan form nothing will change and that's how they want it to remain because they don't want things to change.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •