Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 129

Thread: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

  1. #21
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I happen to have a little experience in that particular arena, and I didn't think it could be any worse than it is now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama & Co. are looking to "make history" there, too.

    God help us.
    He sold his support for immigration reform for a health care vote.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #22
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You will not like whats in store for immigration "reform."
    Obama: "There are people out there that, just because they don't like the color of your skin, they don't think you deserve to be Americans!"

    That's where it will start. Get ready.

  3. #23
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Obama: "There are people out there that, just because they don't like the color of your skin, they don't think you deserve to be Americans!"

    That's where it will start. Get ready.

    That's where what will start?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #24
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That's where what will start?
    He's saying the president is framing the people against amnesty as bigoted and racist.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #25
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Well, they are going to try the constitutionality of the bill. States are also filing law suits over this (I believe 12 have law suits). They main thing is challenging the constitutionality of forcing Americans to purchase a private service.
    which was brought to us by the Republicans and the bluedogs that fought against the public option which the vast majority of the people wanted.
    The provision to require people to purchase insurance was substituted in for the public option.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #26
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I happen to have a little experience in that particular arena, and I didn't think it could be any worse than it is now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama & Co. are looking to "make history" there, too.

    God help us.
    I can guarantee that the party of NO will oppose any reform of immigration.
    The like to have the abundant cheap labor that comes from undocumented workers. It keeps their CEO buddies and their corporate interests very happy.
    The GOP will talk tough but when it comes to actually supporting legislation, they will run with their trunks between their legs just as the party of no always does when it comes to making real change.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #27
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I can guarantee that the party of NO will oppose any reform of immigration.
    The like to have the abundant cheap labor that comes from undocumented workers. It keeps their CEO buddies and their corporate interests very happy.
    The GOP will talk tough but when it comes to actually supporting legislation, they will run with their trunks between their legs just as the party of no always does when it comes to making real change.
    Hey disney, the new immigration bill has bipartisan support.

    This is bad news for everyone.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #28
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    He's saying the president is framing the people against amnesty as bigoted and racist.
    Oh, I thought the president was saying, "There are people out there that, just because they don't like the color of your skin, they don't think you deserve to be Americans!"
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #29
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    which was brought to us by the Republicans and the bluedogs that fought against the public option which the vast majority of the people wanted.
    The provision to require people to purchase insurance was substituted in for the public option.
    Its just like cap and trade is a Republican substitute for a direct carbon tax.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #30
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Parliamentarian Weighing GOP Challenge to Reconciliation Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Oh, I thought the president was saying, "There are people out there that, just because they don't like the color of your skin, they don't think you deserve to be Americans!"
    Yea that paints people who don't support amnesty as bigoted and racist.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •