Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 100

Thread: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Your perspective is based upon a flawed paradigm. I've lived in the west, and I've experienced the leftwing nutjobs at firsthand. Maybe, instead of fighting over whose nutjobs are worse, you could focus on bigger issues.
    If you look through the archives you will find that I was very critical of the extremists on the left back in the Bush years too.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    If you look through the archives you will find that I was very critical of the extremists on the left back in the Bush years too.
    So? You're currently their apologist at this point in time.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The Will of the people?????

    Does anyone understand how a Republic works.

    They were voted into office!!

    And the majority of the people who actually understand what the bill is trying to do, hope it succeeds...

    The far-right partisan sheep blindly following their sith masters while guzzling down gallons of dark-red kool aide... They don't like the bill.

    "socialism, communism, less freedom... yes, master... Yes, Sean, tell me what to say, tell me what to think... I am your servant.... Ann Coulter is a woman despite her having male body parts..."

    The gullibility of the far-right teabagger is amazing...
    Damn, I wish we all had the depth of your cerebral capabilities to truly understand this as you do. We apologize for our ineptitude in your presence.

    Now, get our of your mother's basement and go to work.

  4. #74
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    I'm glad to hear that certain states are fighting this absurd legislation. This gives me hope!
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #75
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Moderator's Warning:
    Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic OfficesDiscuss the topic, not each other. This way you aren't removed from the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #76
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post

    Let's revisit how our government works. We aren't a straight democracy which operates on a majority/mob rule basis, but a representative democracy. That means that each district of the U.S. elects its own representation and those representatives enact the will of their constituents.
    I didn't bring up the polls, you did. People aren't angry for any reason but they feel violated by the government, and they are right. When some people get angry at being violated they lash out which happened in this case. You said a majority of people wanted this, I disagree, but either way it doesn't matter as we are a representative republic with a constitution that just got used as Democrat toilet paper.

    The majority of the representatives, IN BOTH THE HOUSE AND SENATE, are currently democrats. Those democrats were elected LOCALLY, with the understanding in the heads of most of the voters, that they would do something about healthcare.
    That's your take on it? I thought it was because the Republican party spent too much, got bad press, had a scandal problem, and the Bush administration hangover. Most of those locally elected Democrats ran as moderates and conservatives, they misrepresented their positions(surprise surprise), and then showed their true colors the moment they were seated.

    Thus, your premise is flawed. You are equating your personal opinions and polls with doing the work of the people. The fact remains that if the people didn't want healthcare reform, they've had clear choices in the last 2 or 3 elections in that regard. There was not a voter in 2008 who didn't realize that casting a vote for a democrat was casting a vote for healthcare reform.
    The democrats did not run on this bill, they ran on "anyone but Bush".

    Sorry, teabaggers. You lost. Not only did you lose yesterday, but frankly, you lost 2 years ago. That was when the choice was made. Yesterday was a foregone conclusion when Democrats gained the majority in the house/senate and the presidency.
    America lost, and if you read the polls, America knows it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #77
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic OfficesDiscuss the topic, not each other. This way you aren't removed from the thread.
    Sorry IT, saw your warning late.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058636585]
    I didn't bring up the polls, you did. People aren't angry for any reason but they feel violated by the government, and they are right. When some people get angry at being violated they lash out which happened in this case. You said a majority of people wanted this, I disagree, but either way it doesn't matter as we are a representative republic with a constitution that just got used as Democrat toilet paper.
    Please stop with the hyperbole. This plan is considerably more conservative than Romney's plan from Massachusetts.

    Obama's Moderate Health Care Plan | The New Republic

    And, the poll numbers don't show a majority against this because it's too liberal.



    Those against it because it is too liberal only represent 35% of the population. 43% either support it or say it doesn't go far enough. 20% are undecided. You're spinning the poll numbers like a whirling dervish.

    That's your take on it? I thought it was because the Republican party spent too much, got bad press, had a scandal problem, and the Bush administration hangover. Most of those locally elected Democrats ran as moderates and conservatives, they misrepresented their positions(surprise surprise), and then showed their true colors the moment they were seated.
    Did you know the following?

    Obama's plan closely mirrors three proposals that have attracted the support of Republicans who reside within their party's mainstream: The first is the 1993 Senate Republican health plan, which is compared with Obama's plan here, with the similarity endorsed by former Republican Senator Dave Durenberger here. The second is the Bipartisan Policy Center plan, endorsed by Bob Dole, Howard baker, George Mitchell and Tom Daschle, which is compared to Obama's plan here. And the third, of course, is Mitt Romney's Massachusetts plan, which was crafted by the same economist who helped create Obama's plan, and which is rhetorically indistinguishable from Obama's. (The main difference are that Obama's plan cuts Medicare and imposes numerous other cost-saving measures -- which is to say, attempting to craft a national version of Romney's plan would result in something substantially more liberal than Obama's proposal.)
    The democrats did not run on this bill, they ran on "anyone but Bush".
    The end of the bush era was already a foregone conclusion in 2008.

    America lost, and if you read the polls, America knows it.
    That's not exactly what the polls say. But don't let that get in the way of blatant partisanship.

  9. #79
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    [quote=Catz Part Deux;1058636608]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    Please stop with the hyperbole. This plan is considerably more conservative than Romney's plan from Massachusetts.

    Obama's Moderate Health Care Plan | The New Republic

    And, the poll numbers don't show a majority against this because it's too liberal.



    Those against it because it is too liberal only represent 35% of the population. 43% either support it or say it doesn't go far enough. 20% are undecided. You're spinning the poll numbers like a whirling dervish.



    Did you know the following?





    The end of the bush era was already a foregone conclusion in 2008.



    That's not exactly what the polls say. But don't let that get in the way of blatant partisanship.
    Catz, it isn't just healthcare. People are fed up.
    I will use Rasmussen since Zogby is more difficult to navigate:
    Congressional Performance - Rasmussen Reports
    The results were calculated yesterday. 64% of the country thinks congress is doing a poor job, 11% think they are doing a good job. They gained 7% but are still over a record high in disapproval. This is bi-partisan hatred of congress, not my view. The survey was taken before the vote on healthcare. This is without the poor polling on healthcare. 52% of people say just the price of this bill alone is intolerable, this is excluding people who actually know the full economic ramifications of this thing.
    To summarize, while the polls don't matter to make this bill illegal, they explain why this happened, the bill is unpopular and a final straw in a long process of people getting fed up with the federal government.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #80
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Bricks Shatter Glass at NY Democratic Offices

    Deleted.......
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-23-10 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Damn warnings!!!!!!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •