Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1136

Thread: Health Care Bill has passed

  1. #611
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    keep reading

    people's choices determine who controls the houses, silly
    So how does that solve the problem of convincing people that this is a good/bad idea?

    It doesn't and is just a trite appeal to the majority.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #612
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You left your cap lock on again.
    the little teeny things...

    HOW DO YOU EXPAND M AND M BY THIRTY ONE MIL WHILE CUTTING THEIR FUNDING HALF A T?

  3. #613
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Ignored? Actually they listened to the years of people complaining about our healthcare system.
    No they didn't. All the polls suggest that Americans did not want this type of reform. People want reform, but not this. How can you say that they were listening to Americans.

  4. #614
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    So how does that solve the problem of convincing people that this is a good/bad idea?
    you don't convince em, they already made up their minds

    you listen to em, you show em respect

    unless you know better something they don't

    LOL!

    It doesn't and is just a trite appeal to the majority.
    LOL!

    do you hear yourself?

  5. #615
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    The ERs are flooded with people who are on Medicaid/Medicare. I used to work in Emergency Medicine, the people we were forced to pick up in an ambulance for NON emergency reasons, were always on Medicaid or Medicare.
    And 18 percent had no insurance. I agree that the very people complaining the most about the healthcare bill were those on medicare. They are the abusers.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #616
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT REPLACING THE PUBLIC OPTION WITH A NEW LAW THAT SAYS EVERY TOM AND HARRY MUST GO OUT AND BUY A (VERY EXPENSIVE) PRODUCT?

    how is THAT universal coverage?

    big things...

  7. #617
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you don't convince em, they already made up their minds

    you listen to em, you show em respect

    unless you know better something they don't

    LOL!

    do you hear yourself?
    "This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to the people, argument by consensus, authority of the many, and bandwagon fallacy"

    "It is logically fallacious because the mere fact that a belief is widely-held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct; if the belief of any individual can be wrong, then the belief held by multiple persons can also be wrong."

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum]Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #618
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No they didn't. All the polls suggest that Americans did not want this type of reform. People want reform, but not this. How can you say that they were listening to Americans.
    Do you even know what the reform is? Or are you just repeating spin?
    Much of the bill is wanted by most people. A few other things like taxes for people making over 250K gives republicans a coniption fit.

    Most people opposed to the bill don't even know what it is.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  9. #619
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    "This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to the people, argument by consensus, authority of the many, and bandwagon fallacy"

    "It is logically fallacious because the mere fact that a belief is widely-held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct; if the belief of any individual can be wrong, then the belief held by multiple persons can also be wrong."

    Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    good

    but i'm not saying they're right

    not here

    elsewhere i'll tell you how and why they're right

    HERE, i'm telling you they are gonna KICK THE ASSES of this imperious party in power

  10. #620
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    good

    but i'm not saying they're right

    not here

    elsewhere i'll tell you how and why they're right

    HERE, i'm telling you they are gonna KICK THE ASSES of this imperious party in power
    And when that happens the new party in power will do the exact same thing the old did.

    Unless you really believe that they are that different.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •