Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1136

Thread: Health Care Bill has passed

  1. #551
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    I am soooo loving this.......




    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #552
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which has exactly what to do with what I said in the post you quoted?
    "we might be able to have a decent discussion" Even a decent discussion will not find conservatives agreeable about much in this bill.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #553
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    "we might be able to have a decent discussion" Even a decent discussion will not find conservatives agreeable about much in this bill.
    The bill is passed. We ain't going to change that. Does not mean we cannot have a decent discussion. I have decent discussions almost daily with people whose ideas I completely disagree with.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #554
    Student pendulum_jaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U.S.S.A.
    Last Seen
    01-06-11 @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    209

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    "An essential point in the social philosophy of interventionism is the existence of an inexhaustible fund which can be squeezed forever. The whole system of interventionism collapses when this fountain is drained off: The Santa Claus principle liquidates itself".

    --Ludwig von Mises
    ...this post brought to you by the United States government, "working hard to solve yesterday's problems as we strive to create the crises for a new tomorrow."


  5. #555
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    On the OH/PA line
    Last Seen
    07-19-12 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    48

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
    Well, one thing is for sure: The Democrat Party, what's left of it, have just cooked their own goose. They're done, dead meat, gone.

    They will go into the history books as the Party that attempted to overthrow our Republic (The United States of America) and declare the Constitution dead.

    Reagan said it best, "This is the last stand on earth. If we lose freedom here, there is no place else to go" (Or something very similar).

    If this horrible abomination isn't overturned, or otherwise thrown out, freedom is dead forevermore. Until that happens (or until Obama is no longer President — the sooner the better), we are under a dictatorship.

    Never before in our history has there been such a blatant attack on freedom from within our own government.

    We will remember in November, and we will "throw these bastards out", as one radio host put it today.

    We will not lose freedom here. These people have no idea what they've started.

  6. #556
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The bill is passed. We ain't going to change that. Does not mean we cannot have a decent discussion. I have decent discussions almost daily with people whose ideas I completely disagree with.
    That's 'cause you can punch them in the face.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #557
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure: The Democrat Party, what's left of it, have just cooked their own goose. They're done, dead meat, gone.

    They will go into the history books as the Party that attempted to overthrow our Republic (The United States of America) and declare the Constitution dead.

    Reagan said it best, "This is the last stand on earth. If we lose freedom here, there is no place else to go" (Or something very similar).

    If this horrible abomination isn't overturned, or otherwise thrown out, freedom is dead forevermore. Until that happens (or until Obama is no longer President the sooner the better), we are under a dictatorship.

    Never before in our history has there been such a blatant attack on freedom from within our own government.

    We will remember in November, and we will "throw these bastards out", as one radio host put it today.

    We will not lose freedom here. These people have no idea what they've started.
    OK I get people don't like the bill, but seriously? Learn to not overreact.

    Also, I am pretty sure people were saying the Republican Party was dead after the 2008 election, and look how that turned out.

  8. #558
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Uh, if you can't afford it, the government will buy some or all of it for you. Read the bill.
    Uh, if you can't afford it, those of us who can take care of ourselves will buy some or all of it for you.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #559
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    On the OH/PA line
    Last Seen
    07-19-12 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    48

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That's 'cause you can punch them in the face.
    Maybe passed. But the fight isn't over. This can be tied up in the courts for years, and my prediction is that it will be.

    Fully 73% of Americans are againt this bill. The Democrats have clearly shown that they do not give a damn for the American people, for the United Sates, or for our liberty, for which thousands of Americans have died to defend since our founding.

    This is WAR. I'm 66 and a Vietnam vet. Let the war begin. I am not goint to allow this idiot of a president (illegal as he is) and a bunch of anti-American Marxist Congressmen and Senators destroy my grand childrens liberty.

    This guy has got to be removed from office by whatever means.

  10. #560
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That's 'cause you can punch them in the face.
    That's true. People speak differently in person, with reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •