Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1136

Thread: Health Care Bill has passed

  1. #461
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    03-31-10 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Getting back to Defensive Medicine.

    Back in the 70's my mother passed away due to doctor negligence. He failed to follow up on symptoms with standardized testing that was available at the time. Had he practiced defensive medicine she would have lived. (yes we sued and won)
    I have no pity for bad doctors and the sooner they get out of the field the better. Just as i have no pity for bad drivers who don't practice defensive driving.

  2. #462
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    I hope I'm wrong about what this health care means, what the Democrats are going to continue to do, how it will affect private industry and the economy, etc. If all my fears turn out unfounded and it works, great, I was wrong.

    HOWEVER...

    HOPING that it somehow actually works and expecting it to are two different things. HOPING that it somehow works and believing its likely are two different things. HOPING that it somehow works but taking steps, be it in campaigning or in voting, to try and overturn it are two different things.

    As an American, I hope and pray that my fears about this that are founded in fact and analysis prove to not be true. Additionally, as an American, I am not going to rest on my laurels simply out of HOPE that something I sincerely think won't work actually will, gambling with this countries foundation and principles on nothing but mindless HOPE.

  3. #463
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    the party hopes that by passing this pig their presidency will be rescued

    but just wait til he ASKS them to do ONE MORE THING for him

    cap and trade?

    they're gonna go shrieking and screaming in an opposite direction like some kinda specimans freed from a gary larson cartoon

    immigration reform?

    not anything like what he, rahm and the ax prefer

    yet obama is so out-of-touch, he'll probably steer his immigration legislation in an extremely la raza direction

    in which case, he will NEVER GET HIS PARTY EVEN TO NEAR A CLIFF again, let alone jump

    the point---they think by passing this they've saved their white house

    they haven't

    you can't rescue an administration with legislation the people hate

    these things should be obvious

    but they're not, not to the most incompetent political leadership america has ever produced

  4. #464
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    As an American, I hope and pray that my fears about this that are founded in fact and analysis prove to not be true. Additionally, as an American, I am not going to rest on my laurels simply out of HOPE that something I sincerely think won't work actually will, gambling with this countries foundation and principles on nothing but mindless HOPE.
    We elected nothing but a boatload of HOPE in 2008. Really we're being governed about like we deserve for that massive **** up.

  5. #465
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    they think by passing this they've saved their white house

    they haven't

    you can't rescue an administration with legislation the people hate

    these things should be obvious
    From the horse's ... uh.... mouth:

    "you can't govern without the consent of the governed" - OBAMA
    CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS WEIGH LIGHTLY UPON YOU; AND MAY PROSPERITY FORGET THAT YE WERE MY COUNTRYMEN. -SAMUEL ADAMS

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the party hopes that by passing this pig their presidency will be rescued

    but just wait til he ASKS them to do ONE MORE THING for him

    cap and trade?

    they're gonna go shrieking and screaming in an opposite direction like some kinda specimans freed from a gary larson cartoon

    immigration reform?

    not anything like what he, rahm and the ax prefer

    yet obama is so out-of-touch, he'll probably steer his immigration legislation in an extremely la raza direction

    in which case, he will NEVER GET HIS PARTY EVEN TO NEAR A CLIFF again, let alone jump

    the point---they think by passing this they've saved their white house

    they haven't

    you can't rescue an administration with legislation the people hate

    these things should be obvious

    but they're not, not to the most incompetent political leadership america has ever produced
    I thought you said the Healthcare bill was dead?

  7. #467
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post

    Some of the more pragmatic elements of the Righteous Right decided to take up the Tea Party call, and began associating themselves with the grass roots campaign that applied the simple third party logic that "what the government is doing, the people don't want them to do". Unfortunately for these who take the spirit of the founding fathers dead seriously, they forget the simple fact that most Americans are not among those that the Founding Fathers found decent enough pass legislation; there are mechanisms in our Government to keep the masses from making decisions.
    Actually the Religious Right isnt too happy with the direction of the Tea Parties either

    Tea parties stir evangelicals' fears - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #468
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Actually the Religious Right isnt too happy with the direction of the Tea Parties either

    Tea parties stir evangelicals' fears - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
    I actually didn't mean the religious right specifically. I meant to associate the right with the idea that they're morally superior.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  9. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    This thing that gets me is even if Dems lose the Senate and much of the House margin later this year, we can't do anything with Obama in office. In 2012, let's say more Dems go, can it be enough to overturn this turd? You better believe that there is no such thing as a filibuster anymore. It's all reconciliation now.

    What will it take to overturn?

  10. #470
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Health Care Bill has passed

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    This thing that gets me is even if Dems lose the Senate and much of the House margin later this year, we can't do anything with Obama in office. In 2012, let's say more Dems go, can it be enough to overturn this turd? You better believe that there is no such thing as a filibuster anymore. It's all reconciliation now.

    What will it take to overturn?
    Eight years at max.

    If this bill turns out to be the anti-thesis of democracy, then surely the next candidate will run on reducing the bill.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •