Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 386

Thread: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    They should be able to do ALL of that & run the sweeps as well.....
    Clearly, they do not have the manpower for that. And, there is a huge downside to sweeps from a crime prevention perspective.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Clearly, they do not have the manpower for that. And, there is a huge downside to sweeps from a crime prevention perspective.
    I disagree, these sweeps are not a constant, ongoing thing......
    It's not like the streets are devoid of cops after a sweep is over.....
    The 'beat goes on', so to speak......
    Sheriff Joe County is full of scum, I think that any & all methods of reigning in said scum should be used.....

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I disagree, these sweeps are not a constant, ongoing thing......
    It's not like the streets are devoid of cops after a sweep is over.....
    The 'beat goes on', so to speak......
    Sheriff Joe County is full of scum, I think that any & all methods of reigning in said scum should be used.....
    I think I'd prefer to see my resources used ON THE STREET versus used to fight controversial lawsuits. But hey, I'm a conservative like that.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think I'd prefer to see my resources used ON THE STREET versus used to fight controversial lawsuits. But hey, I'm a conservative like that.
    Why should a sweep cause a controversial lawsuit?.......
    At least it shouldn't.....
    If you are referring to lawsuits created because of illegals getting trapped in the 'dragnet', it is the cost of doing business properly.....
    He is picking up the GUBMINT slack as far as I am concerned....
    If ACLU lawyers want to quibble about who should be upholding the law of the land, so be it.....
    But they are the ones guilty of the frivolous, controversial lawsuits, IMO.....

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Why should a sweep cause a controversial lawsuit?.......
    At least it shouldn't.....
    If you are referring to lawsuits created because of illegals getting trapped in the 'dragnet', it is the cost of doing business properly.....
    Because it's not just illegals who get caught up in these sweeps. American citizens who are latino are misidentified and mistreated in these roundups, and they are misidentified on the basis of skin color.

    We have a presumption of innocence in this country. Rounding up people on the basis of their physical appearance and expecting them to prove their citizenship violates a fundamental premise of how our country functions.

    Furthermore, it creates huge mistrust and bad will towards law enforcement. I've seen it happen, it creates a very dangerous situation for officers.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Because it's not just illegals who get caught up in these sweeps. American citizens who are latino are misidentified and mistreated in these roundups, and they are misidentified on the basis of skin color.

    We have a presumption of innocence in this country. Rounding up people on the basis of their physical appearance and expecting them to prove their citizenship violates a fundamental premise of how our country functions.

    Furthermore, it creates huge mistrust and bad will towards law enforcement. I've seen it happen, it creates a very dangerous situation for officers.
    Let's not let petty little facts like that get in the way of a Partisan and Liberal Co. "Go Joe" circle jerk.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Let's not let petty little facts like that get in the way of a Partisan and Liberal Co. "Go Joe" circle jerk.
    I love the assumption that I hate law enforcement and am a communist.

    The fact is that creating ill will towards officers in the community exponentially increases the likelihood that officers will be shot or killed while performing their duties. I have a lot of very close friends who are cops. I would like to see them do their jobs well and go home safe & sound at night.

    Sheriff Joe has taken a short-sighted politically-motivated approach that endangers his officers, and I abhor people who are willing to let OTHER PEOPLE take the risks for their political agenda.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I love the assumption that I hate law enforcement and am a communist.

    The fact is that creating ill will towards officers in the community exponentially increases the likelihood that officers will be shot or killed while performing their duties. I have a lot of very close friends who are cops. I would like to see them do their jobs well and go home safe & sound at night.

    Sheriff Joe has taken a short-sighted politically-motivated approach that endangers his officers, and I abhor people who are willing to let OTHER PEOPLE take the risks for their political agenda.
    Like I said, their approach is one of the more unsavory aspects of liberalism in action. Stalin would be proud of Sheriff Joe and his supporters here on this forum.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Because it's not just illegals who get caught up in these sweeps. American citizens who are latino are misidentified and mistreated in these roundups, and they are misidentified on the basis of skin color.

    We have a presumption of innocence in this country. Rounding up people on the basis of their physical appearance and expecting them to prove their citizenship violates a fundamental premise of how our country functions.

    Furthermore, it creates huge mistrust and bad will towards law enforcement. I've seen it happen, it creates a very dangerous situation for officers.
    Please, how do you get misidentified if you have your valid ID with you?....
    You also know that you can be held up to 72 hours without being charged, while police conduct an investigation.....
    Criminals always mistrust the police anyway.....
    Police are always in a dangerous situation, so I don't see the validity in that arguement, other than those creating a 'dangerous situation' need a beatdown & arrest........
    For someone in the game, you seem awfully soft on perps....

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Arizona sheriff launches immigration sweep

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Like I said, their approach is one of the more unsavory aspects of liberalism in action. Stalin would be proud of Sheriff Joe and his supporters here on this forum.
    How do you figure Sheriff Joe as a liberal?....

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •