Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 165

Thread: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

  1. #31
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Because you think it is?
    Most people with brains do.

  2. #32
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Most people with brains do.
    And you're basing this off what?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And you're basing this off what?
    Reality. We should introduce you to it some time.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So the soldiers he talked to were lying?

    I believe he simply said it was a contributing factor not the sole reason.
    Or more likely simply mistaken. The number one, bar none top contributing factor to unit morale and cohesion is leadership. No other factor is even close. When a unit has poor leadership, it tends to look for excuses as to why things go wrong. This is part of why investigations into why things go wrong tend to be external.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Or perhaps you are wrong. He said he discussed this with fellow soldiers. Unless you can prove he is lying, this is his opinion based on real world discussions with fellow soldiers.

    And again, he said this was one factor not the entire reason for the decline.
    You are aware of the value of hearsay evidence(or lack thereof), especially in relation to something like this, right?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

    “The whole operation in Srebrenica and the drama that took place over there was thoroughly investigated by Dutch and international authorities and none of these investigations has ever concluded or suggested a link between homosexual military personnel and the things that happened over there. I do not know on what facts this is based, but for us it is total nonsense.

    "Every man or woman that meets the criteria physically and mentally is welcome to serve in our Armed Forces regardless of (religious) belief, sexual preference or whatever.”[/INDENT]
    You would think this would be the end of it. General talks to embarrassed officer who blames teh gays instead of poor performance and believes it over the actual investigation into the facts. End story.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And you're basing this off what?
    Brains.....

  8. #38
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    That's why they were pwned......
    It's funny to you that soldiers were killed? How about the 19 Americans that were "pwned" in Mogadishu in 1993? Pretty funny **** there too, huh?

    I'm pretty disgusted that anyone would make a comment like yours in a lame attempt to score political points.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    That's why they were pwned......
    Actually, they where "pwned" most likely because it's the Dutch military. They are not particularly experienced or comparatively skilled. This was true before they let gays serve, and is true after.

    In fact, you could and should compare militaries before and after allowing gays to serve as an indicator as to whether gays in the military has a positive, negative or neutral impact.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    It's funny to you that soldiers were killed? How about the 19 Americans that were "pwned" in Mogadishu in 1993? Pretty funny **** there too, huh?

    I'm pretty disgusted that anyone would make a comment like yours in a lame attempt to score political points.
    It must have been teh gays in Mogadishu.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •