Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 165

Thread: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

  1. #121
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, at the time, it was mostly an IV drug user disease. Those are largely strait men.

    The disease is spread by certain activities, not by certain types of people. Get it right NP.
    Wrong as usual Redress.

    Try reading the history. IV drug use wasn't even considered until the 1983. It had been around since the mis 70s. When it broke out to all 6 continents, it was mostly homosexual men.

    "A doctor was treating a gay man in his 20s who had pneumonia. Two weeks later, he called to ask for a refill of a rare drug that I handled. This was unusual - nobody ever asked for a refill. Patients usually were cured in one 10-day treatment or they died" - Sandra Ford for Newsweek 4

    "Dr. Curran said there was no apparent danger to non homosexuals from contagion. 'The best evidence against contagion', he said, 'is that no cases have been reported to date outside the homosexual community or in women'" - The New York Times 11

    In June a report of a group of cases amongst gay men in Southern California suggested that the disease might be caused by an infectious agent that was sexually transmitted.19


    History of AIDS up to 1986

    Get it right Redress
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #122
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah its spread by anal sex primarily....Catching it by drug use was pretty well eliminated around 1985.......AIDs hit the U.S. around 1980....That is when they closed down all the bath houses in The Peoples Republic of San Francisco and Seattle where there were hundreds of cases reported.......

    I think it was way before your time redress.........
    Don't bother. She never read the history of it. That much is obvious.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #123
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not accurate, NP. One-third of all HIV cases, currently, are due to needle sharing/drug use.
    I am not talking about the present CC. I am talking about when AIDS was first introduced in the U.S.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #124
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And to top it off, you dishonored yourself in suggesting a US general was lying when you have zero proof of it.
    No, he dishonored our country by suggesting something that the Dutch leaders loudly reject and of which there is no evidence to support.

    Quote Originally Posted by AP News
    On Friday, Dutch Defense Minister Eimert van Middelkoop labeled Sheehan's comments "scandalous, and unworthy of a soldier."

    "I have nothing more to say about it," van Middelkoop added. But his boss, Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, did.

    "Toward Dutch troops, homosexual or heterosexual, it is way off the mark to talk like that about people and the work they do under very difficult circumstances," Balkenende told reporters.
    That retired general is a disgrace to our country.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 03-20-10 at 08:23 PM.

  5. #125
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am not talking about the present CC. I am talking about when AIDS was first introduced in the U.S.
    NP, this is the comment I was responding to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Catching it by drug use was pretty well eliminated around 1985
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #126
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am not talking about the present CC. I am talking about when AIDS was first introduced in the U.S.
    I would like to see the evidence you have to support your claims NP.

    A group of international scientists presented data based on complex genetic analysis of 122 early samples of HIV-1, group M, subtype B (the most common strain found in the USA and in Haiti) showing that the strain had probably been brought to Haiti from Africa by a single person in around 1966; a time when many Haitians would have been returning from working in the Congo.

    Genetic analysis then showed that subtype B spread slowly from person to person on the island, before being transferred to the US, again probably by a single individual, at some point between 1969 and 1972. A paper published in October 2007 by Worobey and colleagues gave a 99.7% certainty that HIV subtype B originated in Haiti before passing to the US.

    It is possible that HIV had entered the US several times before subtype B took a firm hold (which would explain the infection of the St. Louis teenager in the early to mid-1960s), but it was the late 1960s / early 1970s transfer that is believed to be responsible for the widespread epidemic seen in the US today. Once the virus had established itself in the gay community, in would have spread fairly rapidly (anal intercourse carries a very high transmission risk), with transmission occurring within and between the US and Haiti, and internationally, until the original route taken by the virus was largely obscured.
    The Origin of HIV and the First Cases of AIDS

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The dishonesty just doesn't stop with you does it Redress?

    The rest of my post:


    And I can give you more definitions where it specifically mentions a court of law and unlike you, I'll be honest enough to link to those definitions.

    Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed.

    Hearsay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hearsay Hearsay

    Hearsay in United States law

    Hearsay in United States law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hearsay_in_United_States_law Hearsay_in_United_States_law

    And in that entire article it never ever discusses the Senate sub committee as a place where hearsay is used anywhere.

    Quote:
    Now, the reason I doubt his word is because it's hearsay,
    Again not a court of law which you laughably tried to wiggle out of.

    Your dishonesty is trying to use a term only used in a court of law and apply it to a hearing before the Senate in some vain attempt to discredit what he reporting hearing from the Dutch Army chief of staff.

    Quote:
    and as such useless, and there is an actual report done on the situation(we call this "evidence") that comes to a different conclusion. You believe only what you want to believe, whereas the rest of us look at the evidence and draw conclusions.
    So, you have no evidence that he is lying.

    NONE. ZERO. ZIP NADA. You have only your emotional feelings to base that on.

    What a despicable excuse to distrust a man who served our country for decades honorably.


    You used something only found in a court of law to devalue the man's statement. Willfully dishonest

    You lied claiming I ignore your posts when I quoted you word for word in my responses

    And to top it off, you dishonored yourself in suggesting a US general was lying when you have zero proof of it.

    If you are going to pick and choose what you respond to because you aren't honest enough to admit when you misrepresent and lie about what was said there is no point in debating you.

    I respond to everything you say point for point.

    If you lack the courage, at least have the courtesy to debate all points.
    You should have read the wiki entry that you mentioned:

    Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed. This prohibition is called the hearsay rule.
    So, we have a dictionary definition which does not even refer to courts(and which I linked despite you lying about that), you have wiki saying it can be used in court, but not saying that is the only use of it. Hearsay is a legal term, and it is a term referring to evidence in general based on only what a person has been told. So keep going and trying to claim that only the meaning you like it valid, and which even if you where right would in no way disprove my point.

    Now, onto something much more important to me. I never claimed the general was lying. Please either retract that or show where I did say it. I said he was basing his testimony on hearsay(that is, on second hand information told him), that it did not agree with the people who actually studied the incident. This does not, in any way, shape or form mean that he lied. You have lied however in making your claim that I said he lied.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #128
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am not talking about the present CC. I am talking about when AIDS was first introduced in the U.S.
    Can you tell the over 11,000 people a year who get HIV from injection drug use that they don't exist?

    Since the epidemic began, injection drug use has directly and indirectly accounted for more than one-third (36%) of AIDS cases in the United States. This disturbing trend appears to be continuing. Of the 42,156 new cases of AIDS reported in 2000, 11,635 (28%) were IDU-associated.
    Fact Sheet: Drug-Associated HIV Transmission Continues in the United States | Factsheets | CDC HIV/AIDS

  9. #129
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    NP, this is the comment I was responding to:
    There was drug use but I think unprotected sex was much more of a factor
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #130
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Dutch fury at US general's gay theory over Srebrenica

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There was drug use but I think unprotected sex was much more of a factor
    NP went from blaming the gays, to blaming unprotected sex. I never thought I would see the day.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •