Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    FOXNews.com - Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    WASHINGTON - High-income families would be hit with a tax increase on wages and a new levy on investments under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul bill.

    For the first time, the Medicare payroll tax would be applied to investment income, beginning in 2013. A new 3.8 percent tax would be imposed on interest, dividends, capital gains and other investment income for individuals making more than $200,000 a year and couples making more than $250,000.

    The bill also would increase the Medicare payroll tax by 0.9 percentage point to 2.35 percent on wages above $200,000 for individuals and $250,000 for married couples filing jointly.

    The new tax on investment income is higher than the 2.9 percent tax proposed by President Barack Obama. House Democratic leaders increased it so they could reduce the impact of a new tax on high-cost health insurance plans strongly opposed by labor unions.

    The 40 percent tax on health benefits would be delayed until 2018 and would apply only to premiums exceeding $10,200 a year for individuals and $27,500 for families.
    Someone please tell Obama that this is no way to encourage Americans to take risks with their capital on investing in the United States, and the world for that matter.

    So I had to deal with my 40 percent losses in the market, and now you want to tax my recovery just because I re-diversified to the changed market?

    This isn't government. This is reparations in disguise.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Better pull your money out of Caterpillar stock asap!!

    Caterpillar: Health care bill would cost it $100M - Chicago Breaking Business

  3. #3
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    FOXNews.com - Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments



    Someone please tell Obama that this is no way to encourage Americans to take risks with their capital on investing in the United States, and the world for that matter.

    So I had to deal with my 40 percent losses in the market, and now you want to tax my recovery just because I re-diversified to the changed market?

    This isn't government. This is reparations in disguise.
    please explain what you mean by reparations.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #4
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Better pull your money out of Caterpillar stock asap!!

    Caterpillar: Health care bill would cost it $100M - Chicago Breaking Business
    i would like to know why their costs would increase.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #5
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    please explain what you mean by reparations.
    Obama does not believe in this country. He carries an enormous chip on his shoulder against big business, against traditional wealth, against capitalism as the core component of our economy, and yes, he harbors a deep resentment for what were obviously major transgressions of our country against black Americans for the first 150 years of our existence.

    I sincerely believe - and his friends, associates, career path, and core ideology show evidence - that he is intently geared to not only completely change our nation's structure and constitutional interpretation, but to punish corporate (white) America for the sins of slavery.

    There is no tactic too low, no repercussion too great, for him to achieve this.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i would like to know why their costs would increase.
    They explain it in the article. It changes the dynamics of competition for them while raising their costs.

    One thing is certain: they will be laying off a lot of people, as will many companies.

    Hello 15 percent unemployment?

  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    They explain it in the article. It changes the dynamics of competition for them while raising their costs.

    One thing is certain: they will be laying off a lot of people, as will many companies.

    Hello 15 percent unemployment?
    no, the article does not explain it one bit. not one.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #8
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Obama does not believe in this country. He carries an enormous chip on his shoulder against big business, against traditional wealth, against capitalism as the core component of our economy, and yes, he harbors a deep resentment for what were obviously major transgressions of our country against black Americans for the first 150 years of our existence.

    I sincerely believe - and his friends, associates, career path, and core ideology show evidence - that he is intently geared to not only completely change our nation's structure and constitutional interpretation, but to punish corporate (white) America for the sins of slavery.

    There is no tactic too low, no repercussion too great, for him to achieve this.
    i see......you have nothing to back up your wild claims.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #9
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i see......you have nothing to back up your wild claims.
    So tell me why a health bill should have anything in the world to do with taxes on investments?

  10. #10
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Health Bill Extends Wage Tax to Investments

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So tell me why a health bill should have anything in the world to do with taxes on investments?
    it's got to be paid for.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •