Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

  1. #91
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Or I don't have the means to leave. Or another country won't accept me. There are more options than love it or leave it.
    What if some lefty would pay your way to get out of here? Would you go then.......I wish all you far left people who hate this country so much would get the **** out.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #92
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Socialism is inheriently immoral and evil.
    Socialism forces people to provide means to other people.
    That's slavery.
    Slavery is the antithesis of liberty.
    Thus, sociailism is the antithesis if liberty.

    While not technically evil, it is certianly reprehensible and should be unacceptable to anyone that values freedom.

  3. #93
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sure, you say that now.

    But when the socialized mail delivers your copy of Men's Health and your socialized veteran's benefits check......

    And when the socialized police patrol your city.........or the socialized paramedics save your life...........

    And when you drive on the socialized roads...........to your socialized public school......or the socialized rest stop near the socialize state park.......where you meet friends for social interaction around the the camp fire.......

    .......and should your fire get out of control..... guess what? Those socialized firefighters will show up......
    You'd be right, except that these aren't examples of socialism.

  4. #94
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So Hazlnut, what exactly does the Military "PRODUCE"? What do POLICE "Produce"? What does the Post Office "PRODUCE"?
    The military is not an example of the state owning/controlling the production of wealth, and the means of distributing same.

    It is also not exaxmple of the state redistributing weath thru the welfare system.

    As such, the military is not an example of socialism.

    Anyone that understands socialism recognizes this.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Or I don't have the means to leave. Or another country won't accept me. There are more options than love it or leave it.
    Then revolt.

  6. #96
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Then revolt.
    Or I can just stay and fight for what I think is right, regardless if its constitutional (by some people's interpretation) or not. Personally, I think the constitution is a good document, except some people interpret it too strictly. However, me liking it or not liking it doesn't imply consent, because again, I never actively consented and I do not accept passive consent as valid because there are too many problems with the idea for it to be workable in the real world. If people were more free to move from one country to another, than your love it or leave it attitude might be worth considering. But people tend not to agree with the free flow of people or else we wouldn't have a big controversy about illegal immigrants from latin american countries.

    However, just saying revolt is silly.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 03-19-10 at 06:20 PM.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Or I can just stay and fight for what I think is right, regardless if its constitutional (by some people's interpretation) or not. Personally, I think the constitution is a good document, except some people interpret it too strictly. However, me liking it or not liking it doesn't imply consent, because again, I never actively consented and I do not accept passive consent as valid because there are too many problems with the idea for it to be workable in the real world. If people were more free to move from one country to another, than your love it or leave it attitude might be worth considering. But people tend not to agree with the free flow of people or else we wouldn't have a big controversy about illegal immigrants from latin american countries.

    However, just saying revolt is silly.
    Do you believe in the social contract?

  8. #98
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Or I can just stay and fight for what I think is right, regardless if its constitutional (by some people's interpretation) or not. Personally, I think the constitution is a good document, except some people interpret it too strictly. However, me liking it or not liking it doesn't imply consent, because again, I never actively consented and I do not accept passive consent as valid because there are too many problems with the idea for it to be workable in the real world. If people were more free to move from one country to another, than your love it or leave it attitude might be worth considering. But people tend not to agree with the free flow of people or else we wouldn't have a big controversy about illegal immigrants from latin american countries.

    However, just saying revolt is silly.


    Do you know that revolt is how we became a country?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #99
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Do you believe in the social contract?
    Just looked it up. From what wikipedia tells me, this particular concept stems from the concept of natural law which I do not believe in. So by extension, I cannot believe in this.

    However, your extreme reaction to my first statement about not accepting to being government by the constitution intrigues me because you could have avoided the whole thing simply by asking me to.

    I would have said yes.

    The simple fact is that I was never asked and since it was my word and that is something I take very seriously, I would have meant it for life.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 03-19-10 at 07:15 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •