Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 503

Thread: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

  1. #191
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I think they would try him in the court of political correctness.
    Oh no, not THERE!!!!!

    *runs screaming from the thread*

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    I was just thinking, you know, that what would happen if someone did this during this season's college basketball championship game?

  3. #193
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I was just thinking, you know, that what would happen if someone did this during this season's college basketball championship game?
    It is funny you say that because South Carolina isn't allowed to hold any major NCAA event because the Confederate Flag and what some people say to African American players. They say it makes it really uncomfortable and difficult to play there so the NCAA said no to tournaments being held there.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    It is funny you say that because South Carolina isn't allowed to hold any major NCAA event because the Confederate Flag and what some people say to African American players. They say it makes it really uncomfortable and difficult to play there so the NCAA said no to tournaments being held there.
    That's interesting, though not suprising, having spent some time there. They are still fighting the civil war there.

  5. #195
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    That's interesting, though not suprising, having spent some time there. They are still fighting the civil war there.
    I lived there for 11 years and to be fair to the state is has gotten better. It is still a shame though that people have to fear playing in the state. A friend of mine plays basketball at USC and he said at times the comments people say to them are just terrible and he doesn't blame others for not wanting to play there.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I lived there for 11 years and to be fair to the state is has gotten better. It is still a shame though that people have to fear playing in the state. A friend of mine plays basketball at USC and he said at times the comments people say to them are just terrible and he doesn't blame others for not wanting to play there.
    Wow, sounds like Boston.

  7. #197
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Wow, sounds like Boston.
    I am not saying Boston is perfect, because I know it isn't. But when kids say the further South they go the more racial slurs they hear, it makes them not want to play there and it is a problem. College sports regardless of where they are being played isn't the place for such words.

    And like I said it is better in SC than it was even a few years ago. You hear less slurs and that is a good thing. Soon enough the ban will be lifted.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I am not saying Boston is perfect, because I know it isn't. But when kids say the further South they go the more racial slurs they hear, it makes them not want to play there and it is a problem.
    Hmmm, the SEC dominates football and the ACC dominates basketball. Not quite sure I agree with that.

    Boston is known for some of the most deep-seeded, "silent" racism of any city in the country. Ask Bill Russell, Cornbread Maxwell, Larry Bird, etc.

    Blacks and whites actually get along very well in the South. They tend to be more open about their differences, but they mix company more harmoniously than they do in the north.

    This is one of those great myths.

  9. #199
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Hmmm, the SEC dominates football and the ACC dominates basketball. Not quite sure I agree with that.
    OK, I don't know what that has to do with the fact that racial slurs still are said a lot to the players.

    Boston is known for some of the most deep-seeded, "silent" racism of any city in the country. Ask Bill Russell, Cornbread Maxwell, Larry Bird, etc.
    Again I said I know Boston has its problems.

    Blacks and whites actually get along very well in the South. They tend to be more open about their differences, but they mix company more harmoniously than they do in the north.

    This is one of those great myths.
    And again I have said it has gotten better. It still doesn't change the fact racial slurs are said and it makes it very uncomfortable to play in and to watch. Like I said I know players that have complained about it, and they aren't all black, and I have sat through it and it disgusted me.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: "All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    OK, I don't know what that has to do with the fact that racial slurs still are said a lot to the players.



    Again I said I know Boston has its problems.



    And again I have said it has gotten better. It still doesn't change the fact racial slurs are said and it makes it very uncomfortable to play in and to watch. Like I said I know players that have complained about it, and they aren't all black, and I have sat through it and it disgusted me.
    Racial slurs are the utterances of uneducated people with very limited command of language. And it goes both ways in that regard.

    It's like people that cuss all the time. It just shows a lack of vocabulary.

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •