Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 190

Thread: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There is not much chance of there EVER being peace between the Israeli Jewish community and arab Palestinians. Its simply not going to happen. Not without one side or the other eliminated.
    This is the statement of a sick mind. There is a large arab population living in Israel proper.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The two things are not related. Further, Medved is hardly a reliable source.
    Or maybe Medved was quoting a recent poll:

    The percentage of Jewish Israelis who see the Obama Administration as being pro-Israel has declined from 31% to 6% since May 17 according to a JPost/Smith poll published in Friday's editions.
    Obama's approval rating in Israel goes from 31% to 6% in one month - Obama Administration News

    Obama seems to delight in coddling nations that wish us harm, while insulting those that are our traditional allies like Israel and Great Britain.
    Last edited by Gill; 03-16-10 at 09:23 AM.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #73
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    This is a case of Obama sticking his nose into the internal affairs where it does not belong.

    This is not about the West Bank.

    This is not about a new settlement.

    It's about an Apartment complex in Jerusalem clearly Israel.

    Obama is pro Palestinian and anti-Israeli.

  4. #74
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    This is the statement of a sick mind. There is a large arab population living in Israel proper.
    A sick mind? Well...if I decide to make my response personal...some sort of attack against you...maybe involving the only way you would really know if I had a sick mind was by talking to your mom...I'll take it offline...private message...something like that. Instead...I'll stay on topic...

    Look...the REALITY is that neither side is invested in peace and both have a pretty legitimate claim. Israel was re-gifted land...which meant the palestinians were ultimately forced out. Israel REALLY isnt invested in giving land back, including the Gaza Strip or the Golan Heights. While many WANT peace, the reality is that to MANY...and especially those that would use force to get their way...peace means the other side is at least gone, but preferably dead.

    There are other factions invested in the instability. Arab leaders (who quite frankly dont give a squirt about Paelstine or Palestinians) are invested in being able to point to Israel as a common enemy to rally support. They fund the terrorist attacks against Israel.

    Now...call me sick...but I think history has done a pretty good job of demonstrating that since the recorded time (you know...when the land was occupied by the rightful owners...the Canaanites) there has been conflict. And while Israel and Egypt and Israel and Jordan have been able to maintain peace, remember...Egypt and Jordan HAVE countries. They have borders.

    Its also not a bad idea to recognize that while everyone was critical of Israel constructing a wall to reduce the terror attacks, Egypt ALSO has a wall, keeping Palestine out. Might have something to do with the late 60's...who knows...

    Bottom line...there will NEVER be peace there. Neither side wants it on terms the other side is willing to agree to. Both sides feel justified. So...good luck with that...

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This is a case of Obama sticking his nose into the internal affairs where it does not belong.

    This is not about the West Bank.

    This is not about a new settlement.

    It's about an Apartment complex in Jerusalem clearly Israel.

    Obama is pro Palestinian and anti-Israeli.
    Are you surprised that he is sticking to his muslim roots?.....

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    A sick mind? Well...if I decide to make my response personal...some sort of attack against you...maybe involving the only way you would really know if I had a sick mind was by talking to your mom...I'll take it offline...private message...something like that. Instead...I'll stay on topic...

    Look...the REALITY is that neither side is invested in peace and both have a pretty legitimate claim. Israel was re-gifted land...which meant the palestinians were ultimately forced out. Israel REALLY isnt invested in giving land back, including the Gaza Strip or the Golan Heights. While many WANT peace, the reality is that to MANY...and especially those that would use force to get their way...peace means the other side is at least gone, but preferably dead.

    There are other factions invested in the instability. Arab leaders (who quite frankly dont give a squirt about Paelstine or Palestinians) are invested in being able to point to Israel as a common enemy to rally support. They fund the terrorist attacks against Israel.

    Now...call me sick...but I think history has done a pretty good job of demonstrating that since the recorded time (you know...when the land was occupied by the rightful owners...the Canaanites) there has been conflict. And while Israel and Egypt and Israel and Jordan have been able to maintain peace, remember...Egypt and Jordan HAVE countries. They have borders.

    Its also not a bad idea to recognize that while everyone was critical of Israel constructing a wall to reduce the terror attacks, Egypt ALSO has a wall, keeping Palestine out. Might have something to do with the late 60's...who knows...

    Bottom line...there will NEVER be peace there. Neither side wants it on terms the other side is willing to agree to. Both sides feel justified. So...good luck with that...
    You used the word ELIMINATED. That is what is off the walls.

    As to how you started our response, get help.

  7. #77
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You used the word ELIMINATED. That is what is off the walls.

    As to how you started our response, get help.
    What is your objection to the word 'eliminated'? Its the truth. It is the ONLY sure way for there to ever be 'peace'.

    As to how I started the response...dont make personal attacks.

  8. #78
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You used the word ELIMINATED. That is what is off the walls.

    As to how you started our response, get help.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCGIl7Io75U&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- The PLO Phased Plan[/ame]

    And heres the thing...Im not even unsympathetic...I see both sides...really...I do. Im also a realist. These are not people intent on peaceful cohabitation.

    Sorry...I know it is nice imagining living in a world where everyone enjoys and respects 'human rights', where pollution spawns butterflies and farts smell like flowers...but its not REALITY.

  9. #79
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Obama seems to delight in coddling nations that wish us harm, while insulting those that are our traditional allies like Israel and Great Britain.
    Which nations are these? Or are you referring to the Middle East in general? Besides Iran, who has not come out and said they wish to do us harm, there is no nation that would even consider harming us... especially with all the nukes we have. Sounds like you're mixing up radical religious groups with the will of a nation or the will of a leader.

    Have you considered the possibility that these nations (what ever one's you are referencing) or radical groups that wish to do us harm, wish so because we support Israel? We are supporting their enemy after all.
    Last edited by Jucon; 03-16-10 at 01:44 PM.

  10. #80
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that these nations (what ever one's you are referencing) or radical groups that wish to do us harm, wish so because we support Israel? We are supporting their enemy after all.
    It has more to do with the invasions to Iraq and Afghanistan, and the involvement in the Mideast, such as the coup in Iran for example.

    What logic promotes the blame of Israel for the hatred towards the US is beyond me, that's the sort of thing you'd hear from a Venezuelan president.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •