Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 190

Thread: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

  1. #151
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You don't see him saying this is not a Christian country as putting it down? I guess that does not surprise me........
    Its the truth and so why would that be putting it down?

    Even if it were a Christian country, why would saying that it is not "putting it down" unless you view every other religion as being inferior. Which you probably most likely do.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #152
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its the truth and so why would that be putting it down?

    Even if it were a Christian country, why would saying that it is not "putting it down" unless you view every other religion as being inferior. Which you probably most likely do.
    If you hate this country so much why don't you just leave........With you attitude China or Cuba would take you in a NY minute........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #153
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If you hate this country so much why don't you just leave........With you attitude China or Cuba would take you in a NY minute........
    Why? Because I point out that this is NOT a "Christian Country".

    Why does that mean that I hate this country? Quite to the contrary, I think those who try to claim that this IS a "Christian Country" are the ones who hate the values under which this country was formed.

    This is NOT a Christian Country and never has been. This country was set up as a religious neutral country, allowing people to practice what religion (or none) that they chose.

    Why do you feel the need to try to exert moral superiority over people in this country who choose to practice a different religion (which is protected by the US Constitution).

    Tell me Navy, why do you hate our Constitution so much?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #154
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why? Because I point out that this is NOT a "Christian Country".

    Why does that mean that I hate this country? Quite to the contrary, I think those who try to claim that this IS a "Christian Country" are the ones who hate the values under which this country was formed.

    This is NOT a Christian Country and never has been. This country was set up as a religious neutral country, allowing people to practice what religion (or none) that they chose.

    Why do you feel the need to try to exert moral superiority over people in this country who choose to practice a different religion (which is protected by the US Constitution).

    Tell me Navy, why do you hate our Constitution so much?
    If this is not a Christian country then why is God everywhere in this country? On our money, in the pledge of allegiance, in the entrance to the SCOTUS, on our historical documents...Why is there a Christian prayer led by a minister said every morning before Congress begins? I could go on and on. I know you hate these things. That is why I advised you to move to China or Cuba. You would not have to worry about a God there........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #155
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If this is not a Christian country then why is God everywhere in this country? On our money, in the pledge of allegiance, in the entrance to the SCOTUS, on our historical documents...Why is there a Christian prayer led by a minister said every morning before Congress begins? I could go on and on. I know you hate these things. That is why I advised you to move to China or Cuba. You would not have to worry about a God there........
    Why don't YOU move to a country where the state sponsors a religion and there is no freedom to worship outside that realm. It sounds like that is what YOU are advocating...not me.

    Your post just shows how close-minded and intolerant you truly are. So "GOD" only belongs to "Christians"? Try telling that to people of other faith. Hate to tell it to you Navy....but GOD does exist outside of your perverted version of "Christianity".

    And....BTW....Congress entertains prayers from all faiths...not just your "Christian" faith.


    It is people like you who give us people who believe in the teachings of Christ a bad name. You are so arrogant and so dismissive of the religious beliefs of others that it reflects poorly on the rest of us. Jesus Christ would be ashamed at the attitudes of so many of those who take his name in vain yet practice little of the teachings he taught.

    Why do you hold the US Constitution in such low regard?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #156
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why don't YOU move to a country where the state sponsors a religion and there is no freedom to worship outside that realm. It sounds like that is what YOU are advocating...not me.

    Your post just shows how close-minded and intolerant you truly are. So "GOD" only belongs to "Christians"? Try telling that to people of other faith. Hate to tell it to you Navy....but GOD does exist outside of your perverted version of "Christianity".

    And....BTW....Congress entertains prayers from all faiths...not just your "Christian" faith.


    It is people like you who give us people who believe in the teachings of Christ a bad name. You are so arrogant and so dismissive of the religious beliefs of others that it reflects poorly on the rest of us. Jesus Christ would be ashamed at the attitudes of so many of those who take his name in vain yet practice little of the teachings he taught.

    Why do you hold the US Constitution in such low regard?

    Hey I like the way my country is when it comes to God and religion........You are the one complaining.......I am just trying to help you but it seems you don't appreciate that....

    When it comes to religion I have no clue what your talking about. I believe in live and let live...Unlike you I don't pick and chose what I believe about our constitution......You have to understand DD that you are not talking to one of your doped up La La land juries now my friend......You can play this smoking mirrors with them but it won't work with me nor do I believe it would work with my fellow Conservatives here in DP........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #157
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hey I like the way my country is when it comes to God and religion........You are the one complaining.......I am just trying to help you but it seems you don't appreciate that....

    When it comes to religion I have no clue what your talking about. I believe in live and let live...Unlike you I don't pick and chose what I believe about our constitution......You have to understand DD that you are not talking to one of your doped up La La land juries now my friend......You can play this smoking mirrors with them but it won't work with me nor do I believe it would work with my fellow Conservatives here in DP........
    You are the one claiming that GOD is a "Christian" concept and speaking condescendingly towards those who do not buy into your perverted brand of "Christianity".
    What you are really saying is that you "like your country" if it is the way that you want it to be, i.e., everyone being forced by the government to adhere to right-wing "Christian" beliefs. That is certainly not the principles that this country was founded on.....so yes, Navy....you are picking and chosing what you want to believe about our Constitution.

    You need to realize, Navy....that this Country belongs to all of us, not just your right-wing ilk.
    America exists as a diverse country....religiously and otherwise. We are not a Christian Country, we are a country with freedom of religion.
    If you don't like that, pack your bags and move to a country where the government will enforce your one religion view.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #158
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I guess that is what happens when you have 100,000,000 arabs that hate your guts, act like you don't exist, and want to push you into the sea.............I stand with Israel..........-
    I am reminded of an old Hee-Haw skit. "Doc! I broke my arm in 3 places!" Doc says, "Well, then stay out of those places."

    I often wonder how our nation would recieve an influx of people like, say, Taliban type Muslim's? I would suppose their welcome, (or lack thereof,) would be not much different than the welcome Israeli has gotten over there amongst the 100,000,000 Arabs you speak of.

    I am one who thinks that if one chooses to sleep with dogs, they deserve to get fleas.

    I'm just old school that way.

    I hope you're having yourself a great weekend old friend.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are the one claiming that GOD is a "Christian" concept and speaking condescendingly towards those who do not buy into your perverted brand of "Christianity".
    What you are really saying is that you "like your country" if it is the way that you want it to be, i.e., everyone being forced by the government to adhere to right-wing "Christian" beliefs. That is certainly not the principles that this country was founded on.....so yes, Navy....you are picking and chosing what you want to believe about our Constitution.

    You need to realize, Navy....that this Country belongs to all of us, not just your right-wing ilk.
    America exists as a diverse country....religiously and otherwise. We are not a Christian Country, we are a country with freedom of religion.
    If you don't like that, pack your bags and move to a country where the government will enforce your one religion view.
    You are so full of it DD... I claimed Jesus Christ established the Catholic Church and since Jesus is one of three persons The Father, Son and Holy Spirit by virtue he is the leader Of the Church but everyone knows he was born a Jew........

    You make absolutely no sense.......Of course this country belongs to every citizen but that does not take away from the fact that this is a Christian country......Its just like you do with everything.......You think if you keep saying something over and over again that it will become the truth.........Well the only ones besides you that believes that is your zombie followers who believe all the garbage you tell them............

    I notice you failed to meniton all the examples I gave you about how God appears in the framing and existence of this
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #160
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Ties between Israel and US 'worst in 35 years'

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I am reminded of an old Hee-Haw skit. "Doc! I broke my arm in 3 places!" Doc says, "Well, then stay out of those places."

    I often wonder how our nation would recieve an influx of people like, say, Taliban type Muslim's? I would suppose their welcome, (or lack thereof,) would be not much different than the welcome Israeli has gotten over there amongst the 100,000,000 Arabs you speak of.

    I am one who thinks that if one chooses to sleep with dogs, they deserve to get fleas.

    I'm just old school that way.

    I hope you're having yourself a great weekend old friend.
    The 100,000,000 million Arabs I speak of our the Countries that surround tiny Israel who without our help would be pushed into the sea..........

    I am having a great weekend I hope you are to...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •