Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 253

Thread: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Jene Newsome played by the rules as an Air Force sergeant: She never told anyone in the military she was a lesbian. The 28-year-old's honorable discharge under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy came only after police officers in Rapid City, S.D., saw an Iowa marriage certificate in her home and told the nearby Ellsworth Air Force Base.

    Newsome and the American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint against the western South Dakota police department, claiming the officers violated her privacy when they informed the military about her sexual orientation. The case also highlights concerns over the ability of third parties to "out" service members, especially as the Pentagon has started reviewing the 1993 "don't ask, don't tell" law.

    Full Article: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military - Yahoo! News

    What the police did to this woman is unacceptable. They have ZERO right to reveal sexual orientation to ANYBODY.

    Despite the fact that the police, who have arbitrarily declared themselves innocent (can you say cover-up), I find fault in their actions.

    The officers responsible for contacting the military need to be fired. The ranking officers who covered up their actions need to be fired.

    I hope the victim sues the pants off the police, the city, and the State of South Dakota.




  2. #2
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    The whole thing sounds like such bull****.

    The Rapid City Police Department says Newsome, an aircraft armament system craftsman who spent nine years in the Air Force, was not cooperative when they showed up at her home in November with an arrest warrant for her partner, who was wanted on theft charges in Fairbanks, Alaska.

    Newsome was at work at the base at the time and refused to immediately come home and assist the officers in finding her partner, whom she married in Iowa where gay marriage is legal in October.
    She didn't leave work immediately and come home to help you find someone who lived in her house, and that makes her "not cooperative"? Since when do the police have the authority to make you do that?

    Police officers, who said they spotted the marriage license on the kitchen table through a window of Newsome's home, alerted the base, police Chief Steve Allender said in a statement sent to the AP. The license was relevant to the investigation because it showed both the relationship and residency of the two women, he said.
    Oh, you just happened to look through a window, see a piece of paper from across the room, and be able to read it to make out that she was married to a chick? And you then just happened to tell the base solely because you thought it would help prove that she knew where the chick was? Such ****ing garbage.

    Seems like a pretty obvious case of police misconduct.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The whole thing sounds like such bull****.



    She didn't leave work immediately and come home to help you find someone who lived in her house, and that makes her "not cooperative"? Since when do the police have the authority to make you do that?



    Oh, you just happened to look through a window, see a piece of paper from across the room, and be able to read it to make out that she was married to a chick? And you then just happened to tell the base solely because you thought it would help prove that she knew where the chick was? Such ****ing garbage.

    Seems like a pretty obvious case of police misconduct.
    I agree. It stinks of retaliation on the part of the Nazi police department.

    The Dakota's, Montana, and Northern Idaho, seem to be plagued by white supremist nazi assholes. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that some of them joined the police force.
    Last edited by Vader; 03-14-10 at 11:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Jene Newsome played by the rules as an Air Force sergeant: She never told anyone in the military she was a lesbian. The 28-year-old's honorable discharge under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy came only after police officers in Rapid City, S.D., saw an Iowa marriage certificate in her home and told the nearby Ellsworth Air Force Base.

    Newsome and the American Civil Liberties Union filed a complaint against the western South Dakota police department, claiming the officers violated her privacy when they informed the military about her sexual orientation. The case also highlights concerns over the ability of third parties to "out" service members, especially as the Pentagon has started reviewing the 1993 "don't ask, don't tell" law.

    Full Article: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military - Yahoo! News

    What the police did to this woman is unacceptable. They have ZERO right to reveal sexual orientation to ANYBODY.

    Despite the fact that the police, who have arbitrarily declared themselves innocent (can you say cover-up), I find fault in their actions.

    The officers responsible for contacting the military need to be fired. The ranking officers who covered up their actions need to be fired.

    I hope the victim sues the pants off the police, the city, and the State of South Dakota.



    The sad part is the discharge is perfectly legal. Once the command has the allegation, the gay servicemember has two options, lie(which puts them in a bad position legally, with a potential BCD at worse, a general discharge at best), or admit it and take the discharge.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Great another story to take focus off important issues.

    Is it too bad the police wanted to get this woman? Yes!

    Do they need to pay a price for it? Yes!

    Is it worth more than 700 posts when we need to spending our time trying to stop the Obama Reid and Pelosi express from derailing the nation with the Health care Cap & Trade HOAXES the threat to wreck our economy and cure not a damn thing.

    Let's hope this former soldier gets justice. I'm not by any stretch pro gay but right is right and wrong is BS.

    Now have you told your People on Capital Hill you don't want this BS or have you fallen for the Obama lies?
    Last edited by Councilman; 03-14-10 at 11:53 PM.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,924

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Oh, you just happened to look through a window, see a piece of paper from across the room, and be able to read it to make out that she was married to a chick? And you then just happened to tell the base solely because you thought it would help prove that she knew where the chick was? Such ****ing garbage.

    Seems like a pretty obvious case of police misconduct.
    It sure is. She pissed them off so they retaliated.

    I agree with whoever said in this thread she should sue the officers, their supervisor and the state. Her privacy was violated.

    In the meantime, DADT needs to be repealed now.

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The whole thing sounds like such bull****.



    She didn't leave work immediately and come home to help you find someone who lived in her house, and that makes her "not cooperative"? Since when do the police have the authority to make you do that?



    Oh, you just happened to look through a window, see a piece of paper from across the room, and be able to read it to make out that she was married to a chick? And you then just happened to tell the base solely because you thought it would help prove that she knew where the chick was? Such ****ing garbage.

    Seems like a pretty obvious case of police misconduct.
    Nothing about police misconduct here. The issue is DADT. The military didn't ask, and she didn't tell.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Nothing about police misconduct here. The issue is DADT. The military didn't ask, and she didn't tell.
    WRONG.

    The police told on her. They violated her privacy and it needs to cost all of the officers involved their careers. Additionally, their supervisors need to be fired as well.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The sad part is the discharge is perfectly legal. Once the command has the allegation, the gay servicemember has two options, lie(which puts them in a bad position legally, with a potential BCD at worse, a general discharge at best), or admit it and take the discharge.
    The fact that the police shared confidential information with the Air Force is very important. The police were wrong and they need to be fired and lose their pensions over it.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,924

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Nothing about police misconduct here. The issue is DADT. The military didn't ask, and she didn't tell.
    Indeed, the police told them and that is part of the issue with DADT, that third parties can rat out a gay service person even though they and their commanders followed DADT. It's wrong.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •