Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 253

Thread: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Oh yes. So if they aren't there for one crime they have to ignore another? Have you been wathcing Law and Order again for your legal advice?
    The civilian authorities are NOT ALLOWED to enforce military law. Moreover, the military ignores gays for the most part.

    Since the police where there to investigate the Sgt. They were after her partner. Therefore, going after the Sgt. is OUT OF LINE. Revealing personal information to the military .... no matter the reason ... is OUT OF LINE. It's an invasion of privacy.

    The police violated the public trust when they called the Air Force to report the Sgt. was gay. It's not their business, it's not the Air Force's business. The police acted improperly.

    Regardless of what the Sgt. did or did not do, the police have ZERO reason to out her to the military.

    The police violated the public trust and they are NOT worthy of wearing the badge.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Really. So what law did they break? Go ahead and explain that to us.
    See above.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The civilian authorities are NOT ALLOWED to enforce military law. Moreover, the military ignores gays for the most part.

    Since the police where there to investigate the Sgt. They were after her partner. Therefore, going after the Sgt. is OUT OF LINE. Revealing personal information to the military .... no matter the reason ... is OUT OF LINE. It's an invasion of privacy.

    The police violated the public trust when they called the Air Force to report the Sgt. was gay. It's not their business, it's not the Air Force's business. The police acted improperly.

    Regardless of what the Sgt. did or did not do, the police have ZERO reason to out her to the military.

    The police violated the public trust and they are NOT worthy of wearing the badge.




    See above.
    They didn't....
    They simply notified the proper authorities of a violation......
    The police were doing the nation a service by bringing this serious infraction to light.....

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    They didn't....
    They simply notified the proper authorities of a violation......
    The police were doing the nation a service by bringing this serious infraction to light.....
    Wrong.

    She was NOT their suspect and they had NO BUSINESS outing her.

    Shame on you.

  4. #194
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    An act and orientation are two separate things. Heterosexuality is an orientation and sexual activity is an act.

    Now awaiting your proof that heterosexuality is genetic since sexual ACTIVITY is not proof of genetics.
    This has been explained to texmaster MANY times. It's his talking point. Without it, he has no argument, so he MUST hold onto it.

    As I've said many times, there is a difference between procreation and genetics. The two are NOT the same thing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #195
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You as usual are being incredibly dishonest.
    You refuse to go point for point and you have the gall to call me dishonest? Take a good look in the mirror Redress.

    You are even taking my words out of context to try and prove your point.
    Ah the last refuge of the defeated. And of course you can't even quote what you claim I "took out of context"

    Your dishonesty really knows no bounds does it?

    I think I have proven that I have done my research on this topic, I can document every claim I make, and I have in this and other threads.
    Proclaiming victory without even addressing the specific points is a sure sign of defeat.

    I will finish this with a couple quick questions and the answers, and let you continue to make your wild and unsupported objections to your hearts content.
    While you duck going point for point like a real debator.

    Under what circumstances is a gay soldier subject to NJP or courtmarshal under DADT? When there is a charge of misconduct. Is being gay, or saying you are gay, or gay actions, or being married considered misconduct? No.
    Wrong. Once again I point to your own post:

    Those indicators are statements(saying "I am gay" to some one in the command...see note below on this), actions(getting caught having sex with some one of the same sex, all the way down to being seen holding hands with some one of the same sex...see note 2 below), and being married.
    So which is it Redress? Which face am I addressing again?

    DADT holds that homosexuality is incompatible with military life(which in my opinion is retarded, but that is a separate thing), and as such a person who gives one of the three indicators mentioned in earlier posts will be discharged.
    Once of those being MARRIED to another woman according to YOUR OWN POST.

    The discharge is not a punishment for misdeeds, its just because the military does not want them there. The discharge, unless there is misconduct will be either an entry level separation(under 6 months served) or honorable. A DADT discharged person still has full access to veteran's benefits. A servicemenber with over 6 years service who is discharged under DADT and gets an honorable is eligible for separation pay.
    Once again I must embarass you and look at the law behind this:

    That the member has married or attempted to marry a person known to be of the same biological sex.

    US CODE: Title 10,654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces

    How are you going to try wiggle out of it this time?

    Just in case you missed it for the 5th time, it states:

    That the member has married or attempted to marry a person known to be of the same biological sex

    And once more:

    That the member has married or attempted to marry a person known to be of the same biological sex

    Are you done now? Or are you going to continue to pretend that you haven't said it despite me quoting you and now being confronted by yet another source informing you once again how painfully wrong you are.

    US CODE: Title 10,654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces

    This truly is like watching a sinking ship with the captain still claiming nothing is wrong. Its painful and amusing to watch at the same time.
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-18-10 at 06:02 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #196
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    An act and orientation are two separate things. Heterosexuality is an orientation and sexual activity is an act.

    Now awaiting your proof that heterosexuality is genetic since sexual ACTIVITY is not proof of genetics.
    I know you really want to separate the two but they are and always will be linked because it is the one AND ONLY biological function that allows for natural procreation.

    You cannot separate them. To do so is to make the laughable claim that being heterosexual was just a coincidence and not something nature intended when every sex ed class you will ever take in your entire life will tell you that male and female heterosexual sex is the only way to procreate.

    The very fact you cannot find a natural purpose for homosexual sex is the icing on the cake for a failing argument on your side.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #197
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I know you really want to separate the two but they are and always will be linked because it is the one AND ONLY biological function that allows for natural procreation.

    You cannot separate them. To do so is to make the laughable claim that being heterosexual was just a coincidence and not something nature intended when every sex ed class you will ever take in your entire life will tell you that male and female heterosexual sex is the only way to procreate.

    The very fact you cannot find a natural purpose for homosexual sex is the icing on the cake for a failing argument on your side.
    This is ridiculously uninformed. Primate studies have shown that one and only biological function of sex is not to procreate. Higher primates can and do create a distinction between them sex for fun and sex for procreation. Bonobo studies have shown they are seen as strengthening social bonds in groups. Now please tell us that establishing social bonds is not natural among primates. Sex is a means. Not an ends.

    Bonobo Sex and Society

    The species is best characterized as female-centered and egalitarian and as one that substitutes sex for aggression. Whereas in most other species sexual behavior is a fairly distinct category, in the bonobo it is part and parcel of social relations – and not just between males and females. Bonobos engage in sex in virtually every partner combination (although such contact among close family members may be suppressed). And sexual interactions occur more often among bonobos than among other primates. Despite the frequency of sex, the bonobo's rate of reproduction in the wild is about the same as that of the chimpanzee. A female gives birth to a single infant at intervals of between five and six years. So bonobos share at least one very important characteristic with our own species, namely, a partial separation between sex and reproduction.
    So there you go. Proof that in nature, the one and only function of sex is not to procreate. At the very least it proves human beings are not the only ones who see it as such.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-18-10 at 06:08 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #198
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This is ridiculously uninformed. Primate studies have shown that one and only biological function of sex is not to procreate. Higher primates can and do create a distinction between them sex for fun and sex for procreation. Bonobo studies have shown they are seen as strengthening social bonds in groups. Now please tell us that establishing social bonds is not natural among primates. Sex is a means. Not an ends.

    Bonobo Sex and Society
    If you are going to continue to deny the truth please list any natural function of homosexual sex.

    Go right ahead.


    So there you go. Proof that in nature, the one and only function of sex is not to procreate. At the very least it proves human beings are not the only ones who see it as such.
    Now you are simply lying about what I said. I NEVER said that sex's only function is to procreate.

    I said that heterosexual sex is the only MEANS of natural procreation.

    You really need to pay attention to what I said and not misinterpret it.

    And since you decided to join the conversation the same question is posed to you. Please list any natural function of homosexual sex.

    I'll wait.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #199
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I know you really want to separate the two but they are and always will be linked because it is the one AND ONLY biological function that allows for natural procreation.

    You cannot separate them. To do so is to make the laughable claim that being heterosexual was just a coincidence and not something nature intended when every sex ed class you will ever take in your entire life will tell you that male and female heterosexual sex is the only way to procreate.

    The very fact you cannot find a natural purpose for homosexual sex is the icing on the cake for a failing argument on your side.
    You just continue to demonstrate how you neither understand the concepts of procreation, genetics, and inherited characteristics. The former is an ACT, a BEHAVIOR. The latter are things formed from genetic material. You are embarrassing yourself every time you post this foolishness. Now, I am aware that you have refused to respond to my posts, but I will ask you again... AND, I'm going to ask other DP members to help me out here by ALSO asking you this question until you respond.

    If, as you claim, heterosexuality is genetic because one can only procreate through heterosexuality, please identify the gene or genetic material that identifies one as heterosexual.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #200
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Lesbian sgt. discharged after police tell military

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you are going to continue to deny the truth please list any natural function of homosexual sex.

    Go right ahead.




    Now you are simply lying about what I said. I NEVER said that sex's only function is to procreate.

    I said that heterosexual sex is the only MEANS of natural procreation.

    You really need to pay attention to what I said and not misinterpret it.

    And since you decided to join the conversation the same question is posed to you. Please list any natural function of homosexual sex.

    I'll wait.
    Please define natural.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •