Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 262

Thread: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    I don't care whose God is in the Pledge, I don't recite it.

  2. #92
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You can speculate all you please, but the letter of the law is satisfied. There is no Christian anything anywhere. Same with 10 Commandments, which are Judaic.
    So screw the people who don't believe in a higher power or who believe in multiple Gods? I realize it's easy to sit back and not give a rat's ass about everyone else when you are represented.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Let me put it this way - If God offends him so much, he should give me all his money. I will gladly accept it.
    Gods money? Yeah, I'll gladly take all the money bilked from the poor, the ignorant, the lonely, the weak of spirit... and donate it to secular charities. Hell, we could probably end poverty world wide with all the money Christianity takes in to build new churches, golden cups, fine clothing and propaganda.

  4. #94
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Where does it say which god it is? FAIL
    It's the Judeo-Christian God. It's not really inclusive of Vishnu or Brahma from the biggest non-judeo-Christian religion that has a large US population (over 1 million adherents).
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #95
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Nothing like using poor stereotypes to bolster your argument.

    Doesn't the whole libs vs. cons shtick get old? Not everything can be broken down in such simplistic terms. Are you going to tell me right now that there are no Conservatives out there who advocate the separation of church and state?
    IF a Conservative had an issue with "separation", it would be to address it as intended by the founders not simply make it his life's work to remove all things "God" from the face the planet!

    AND.... Soooooo..... WHY.. pray tell... Was this case an ISSUE in the first place?..Never mind.. I'll be "snide" and tell you...My point is EXACTLY CORRECT!
    Last edited by ConservaBill; 03-12-10 at 12:16 PM.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Honestly this is one of the things I could careless about. It doesn't bother me if kids have to say it or not because I know why under God is in the pledge.
    Why, because we are a fearful people who would trade secular despotism for religious despotism?

  7. #97
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's the Judeo-Christian God. It's not really inclusive of Vishnu or Brahma from the biggest non-judeo-Christian religion that has a large US population (over 1 million adherents).
    Yup, this is the honest answer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #98
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    The WHY.. pray tell... Was this case an ISSUE?..

    Never mind.. I'll be "snide" and tell you...

    My point is EXACTLY CORRECT!
    This case was started by one guy. I already said earlier that I don't support this guy. If Congress moved to take "under God" out of the Pledge I would be more than happy. I can't stand people like this guy who get up in arms about stupid **** and suddenly think that public policy should change just because of them. This is precisely why he didn't win. Nobody gives a rat's ass about this guy and they shouldn't. And no, your point isn't correct because liberals and conservatives aren't that simply defined. You are using poorly constructed stereotypes.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There are real things to worry about with with the "separation of church and state", real areas where we inch into trouble and may need to make a case that things should not be done due to that separation. This however, is not one of those cases. Sometimes you have to sit back and admit that something is just harmless and let it go. Making a case about things like this just make it harder when there is a real issue.

    I don't believe in god, but I am certainly not worried about either the pledge of allegiance, nor what it says on my money(outside of the denomination amount). Let's save out efforts for where it matters.
    I disagree, the less ubiquitous religion is in society, the easier it is when there is a bigger issue.

    It kinda falls under the ongoing remediation and liberalization that we wish Islam would hurry through. It goes away piece by piece.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Court upholds 'under God' in Pledge of Allegiance

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    "In God We Trust" has appeared on our currency since 1864
    Yeah, not since the founding of our nation like Christians would like us all to believe.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •