Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1034

Thread: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

  1. #971
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    they do not discriminate if you're not affiliated with the school. An example
    is a 20-year-old dating the 18-year-old senior. They are allowed to attend the prom.
    OK, so then they are affiliated with the school through their date. Issue resolved.

  2. #972
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    This whole story is absurd. Trying to say everyone can dress in drag to the prom. Here's another example for you of what is absurd to go to the prom.
    Not a bar
    Again, you are arguing the absurd. I am not going to indulge it.

  3. #973
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, you'd have a point if A) he were part of the school in some way or B) he were there at the invitation of someone at the school.

    The issue here is that the girl was having her freedom of expression severely curbed based upon nothing more than the bigotry of the administrators. They confessed that there was no disruption to the learning process so what more was there?
    Well of course it wasn't disruptive to the learning process.

    It was a flipping dance. Unless they are learning for school credit how to "Hammertime".

  4. #974
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Well of course it wasn't disruptive to the learning process.

    It was a flipping dance. Unless they are learning for school credit how to "Hammertime".
    But see the argument they used for canceling the dance was that it was disruptive to the learning process. This has proven to be a blatant lie so now we're back to why? Well it becomes obvious that it was an attempt to shame this girl into submission by leveraging the resentment of her peers against her.

    That's a hostile environment for her to return to school in. An environment calculated by the administrator who let her need to win a pissing contest with a teenager eclipse her ability to do her job effectively.

    I think the girl is entitled to much compensation for the emotional damages and attempt to curb her civil rights attempted by the administration, absurd arguments about drag queens and pedophiles notwithstanding.

  5. #975
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    But see the argument they used for canceling the dance was that it was disruptive to the learning process. This has proven to be a blatant lie so now we're back to why? Well it becomes obvious that it was an attempt to shame this girl into submission by leveraging the resentment of her peers against her.

    That's a hostile environment for her to return to school in. An environment calculated by the administrator who let her need to win a pissing contest with a teenager eclipse her ability to do her job effectively.

    I think the girl is entitled to much compensation for the emotional damages and attempt to curb her civil rights attempted by the administration, absurd arguments about drag queens and pedophiles notwithstanding.
    B/c most parents don't want their kids around scuz maybe and the school knew this???

  6. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    B/c most parents don't want their kids around scuz maybe and the school knew this???
    Are you calling the girl in question "scuz"? tread lightly with your answer here.

  7. #977
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Are you calling the girl in question "scuz"? tread lightly with your answer here.
    Yes I am. I don't really care if you find it offensive.

    The girl is starved for attention and is acting out in goofy ways. If the girl had a set of parents, then things might be quite different for her, but she doesn't so this is reality.
    Last edited by TheHat; 03-30-10 at 04:15 PM.

  8. #978
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Yes I am. I don't really care if you find it offensive.

    The girl is starved for attention and is acting out in goofy ways. If the girl had a set of parents, then things might be quite different for her.
    And what is it that makes this particular girl "scuz"?

    I know the traits I find "scuzzy" but I won't enumerate them lest present company finds himself a bit insecure when faced with the list.

  9. #979
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    B/c most parents don't want their kids around scuz maybe and the school knew this???
    How is a girl wearing a tux "scuz"? How is a boy wearing a dress "scuz", for that matter?

    Many schools have a powder puff football game, even in the south. The girls dress up as football players and the boys as cheerleaders. So this is ok, but God forbid some girl should want to wear pants, a button down shirt, a jacket and a tie/bowtie/cumberbund with loafers to a dance. Blasphemy!

    And there are actually a good number of people still in the south who don't want their children to have to be around interracial couples. In fact, I'm pretty sure that had my best friend told her grandma, her legal guardian, that I was dating a black guy, she would not have been allowed to hang out with me. And I'm sure there were plenty of parents that didn't want their precious children influenced by those deviant () black kids when schools were integrated.

    If they don't want their children influenced by the homosexuals and/or cross-dressers, then they need to put their children in private school, otherwise they need to get over it. Because the law says that schools cannot discriminate.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #980
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This has proven to be a blatant lie so now we're back to why? Well it becomes obvious that it was an attempt to shame this girl into submission by leveraging the resentment of her peers against her.
    I don't care where you're high school is located. I don't see one's high school peers being accepting of two overweight lesbians wearing tuxedos.

Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •