Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1034

Thread: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

  1. #921
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by KOV03 View Post
    This also is drag and we need to teach the children when there young this
    is not only acceptable but natural and normal.
    This is what is being asked of us
    So, in your opinion, women should just go back to wearing skirts and dresses all the time, huh?

    But wait, how far back do we take this, and what culture should we go off of? Actually, it wasn't too long ago that judges and/or parliamentary representatives wore wigs, not too much different than the one worn by the person in that picture, although they were all men. And then there's the men who had to play the female parts in Shakespeare's plays, since women weren't allowed to act. And togas seemed to look a lot alike. Should we also ban kilts or sarongs?

    What is acceptable to wear is generally determined by culture and time. And, as is very evident by the fact that most women of western cultures now wear jeans and pants more often than skirts or dresses, what is acceptable to wear by either gender changes with time, and is changing even more quickly as we interact more often with the cultures of others and become more accepting of things that are not "normal". Just because something isn't normal, does not make it wrong, or even unnatural.

    Technically, what is natural for all of us is to be completely naked.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #922
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I don't think this poor girl was trying to promote a Gay Agenda, or make a point or anything. She just wanted to go to the damn prom with her partner. Why couldn't she just do that? Sad Sad Stuff.
    You are clueless about how a lot of people feel about the gay lifestyle especially in the South where there are a lot more people of religeous faith and they take their religion seriously.......

    I am not even saying its right....I lived in the south and I am telling you that is the way it is.....

    If you believe what these two kids was doing was not political then you live in fantasy land......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #923
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    To me the whole thing is unimportant I am just trying to tell you this girl is trying to promote the gay agenda and she is doing it in the wrong place......People in Miss. are not the same as people in Mass. If she wanted to promote the gay lifestyle she should have done it there........
    She's not trying to promote the gay agenda. Most likely she was just trying to save a little money, that the school was trying to unfairly charge her in the first place. Why should she have to pay more to bring her female date to prom than a male student does to bring his female date to prom? That's not right.

    Also, why should it be okay for the school board to feel that if another student is uncomfortable with the lesbian couple being at the prom that they should have leave, but if it were any heterosexual couple that another student was uncomfortable with (just because of the couple type, not the actions of the couple), the same rule wouldn't, and most likely couldn't, apply?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #924
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That's not exactly true. First of all, no one has given an exact final say on whether Constance was invited to the parent-sponsored prom, or if it was okay for her to bring her gf or wear the tux. Second, there is another prom set up that they can go to not far away, that is being sponsored by a gay-rights organization. She can most definitely go to that one, with her gf, and wear a tux. So, although she won't be able to go to the canceled prom, just like all the other students, she would still be able to go to at least one, if not both, of the private proms.

    Also, if this high school ever does plan to have a school-sponsored prom again, or pretty much any school sponsored event, they will not be able to discriminate against homosexual students. And, depending on the outcome of the case, they will have to be very careful about their dress codes.
    Oh I didn't know there were other proms set up. I left this thread for a while.

    Let's be clear, though, that this is not the school's doing. The school has for years welcomed same-sex couples.

    This is the doing of a single person, the Administrator, who singlehandedly denied the girl permission. It was not a board, there is no anti-gay wording in the dress-code or similar. This is one person's bigotry, not an entire school's.

  5. #925
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    So, in your opinion, women should just go back to wearing skirts and dresses all the time, huh?
    Best post on this entire thread! Wish I'd thought of it.

  6. #926
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Originally Posted by roguenuke
    So, in your opinion, women should just go back to wearing skirts and dresses all the time, huh?

    Wouldn't that be great if women looked like women instead of a men.......I can remember when girls were required to wear skirts and dresses to school and it was a pretty good time in this country........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #927
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    She's not trying to promote the gay agenda. Most likely she was just trying to save a little money, that the school was trying to unfairly charge her in the first place. Why should she have to pay more to bring her female date to prom than a male student does to bring his female date to prom? That's not right.

    Also, why should it be okay for the school board to feel that if another student is uncomfortable with the lesbian couple being at the prom that they should have leave, but if it were any heterosexual couple that another student was uncomfortable with (just because of the couple type, not the actions of the couple), the same rule wouldn't, and most likely couldn't, apply?
    Just like Roe V Wade when there was a bunch of feminists pushing the issue of abortion you can bet your ass there are a bunch of "feel good liberals" and a few militant gays pushing this issue..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #928
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You are clueless about how a lot of people feel about the gay lifestyle especially in the South where there are a lot more people of religeous faith and they take their religion seriously.......

    I am not even saying its right....I lived in the south and I am telling you that is the way it is.....
    So people should just go along with what conservative southerners think, huh?

    Did you say that during the Civil Rights movement?

    If you believe what these two kids was doing was not political then you live in fantasy land......
    Doesn't matter.

  9. #929
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wouldn't that be great if women looked like women instead of a men.......I can remember when girls were required to wear skirts and dresses to school and it was a pretty good time in this country........
    It's like you're a ranting old man on a front porch somewhere.

  10. #930
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So people should just go along with what conservative southerners think, huh?

    Did you say that during the Civil Rights movement?



    Doesn't matter.
    This has nothing to do with the civil rights movement..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •