Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1034

Thread: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

  1. #641
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    For one it has been the basis for the family unit since this country and dozens of other countries have used for thousands of years.

    It is genetic. I can prove quite easily that heterosexual sex is the foundation for procreation.

    Homosexuality has never been proven to be genetic and therefore can never be elevated to the heterosexual level.

    There are many alternative lifestyles out there and not one has been proven to be genetic ergo the label "alternative" lifestyles.

    Why do you feel (and it is feel since you have no factual basis) that this one alternative lifestyle should be equal to heterosexuality?
    You have not proved that being heterosexual is genetic, not proved that being homosexual is. You have not proven anything in fact, and keep making wild claims that get proven wrong. You cannot prove that heterosexuality is genetic, and I challenge you to, using sources, just once try and back up your position.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have not proved that being heterosexual is genetic, not proved that being homosexual is. You have not proven anything in fact, and keep making wild claims that get proven wrong. You cannot prove that heterosexuality is genetic, and I challenge you to, using sources, just once try and back up your position.
    It's worth pointing out that this school is no bastion of ultra Conservative utopian ideals.

    This school has allowed same-sex couples to attend every event for years, and they've allowed students to pretty much wear whatever they wanted so long as it was appropriate for a prom.

    It seems like a normal school who suddenly inherited a nazi admin.

  3. #643
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's worth pointing out that this school is no bastion of ultra Conservative utopian ideals.

    This school has allowed same-sex couples to attend every event for years, and they've allowed students to pretty much wear whatever they wanted so long as it was appropriate for a prom.

    It seems like a normal school who suddenly inherited a nazi admin.
    Then its time for Adolf Admin to be removed from office ... and banned from being part of the school system.

  4. #644
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's worth pointing out that this school is no bastion of ultra Conservative utopian ideals.

    This school has allowed same-sex couples to attend every event for years, and they've allowed students to pretty much wear whatever they wanted so long as it was appropriate for a prom.

    It seems like a normal school who suddenly inherited a nazi admin.
    Different aspect of the discussion. Texmaster, despite having facts brought to his attention repeatedly, and lots of sources, is claiming that heterosexuality is genetic, and homosexuality is not. I think you can see at least one of the obvious flaws with this argument of his.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    This is Mississippi we're talking about here.
    Yes, it is, and it should therefore be subject to extreme oversight.

    The south is not capable of self-governance.

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    She still has every intention on braking the rules of dress. She wants to bring her girl friend, that's fine, but they are both to show up as ladies.
    That is not your call, Jerry. In case you haven't noticed, you are not the fashion police.

  7. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Different aspect of the discussion. Texmaster, despite having facts brought to his attention repeatedly, and lots of sources, is claiming that heterosexuality is genetic, and homosexuality is not. I think you can see at least one of the obvious flaws with this argument of his.
    I intentionally avoid 'nature of sexuality' discussions.

  8. #648
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    I am pretty sure I never said that it did. Only that real world behavior is affected.
    And what one's behavior is can have little to do with who or what they are.

    Which is all still being debated to this day as evidenced by this thread.
    Debated, yes. And as of yet I have seen zero legitimate evidence that demonstrates that homosexuality is a disorder, and TONS that shows that it is not. One can debate that the earth is flat. That doesn't mean it's a credible position.


    GID and HS could all very well be "no problem at all" but if this is so how come there is a measurable and long line of factual data indicating a much higher risk of mood disorders, anxiety disorders, major depression, or a mix of several? I hope you will avoid the knee jerk reaction of its all someone elses fault as if the same psychological persecuter resides in millions of homes all over the world.
    I will assume you are already aware of all this since you appear to be well educated in this area.[/quote]

    Psychological disorders can come about because of a number of factors. Genetics. Biology. Social factors. Situations or events. Substance use. Others, too. Two things in response to your comment above. Firstly, IF a greater percentage of homosexuals have psychological disorders, this neither demonstrates causation, nor does it demonstrate that homosexuality is a mental disorder. The highest incidence of completed suicides is amongst men over the age of 65. Does that mean that those who are aged have a mental disorder? No. And this leads to the second issue. Why would geriatrics have a higher incidence of suicide? Social factors. Many of their friends relatives have died, creating a sense of loneliness, isolation, and of their own mortality. Homosexuals because of the societal stigma, because of the rejection, and because of other social factors suffer from elevated percentages of psychological problems. Does this means it is someone else's fault? No, since not ALL homosexuals have these problems, different folks cope with these issues differently... same as geriatrics.




    Possibilities are just that. Are you suggesting its impossible gene alteration alone can affect an individual to great extent?

    I am beginning to think this is pointless.

    I could care less about orientation and focus more on behavior and you seem to be focused on orientation and care less about behavior.

    I am not sure why anyone cares about orientation anyway if the behavior can be controlled. Applies to lots of things.
    I care about how this argument is used to falsely identify homosexuals as being mentally ill because of their sexual orientation. That's why demonstrating the difference between orientation and behavior is key. Behavior is, mostly, irrelevant in this discussion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #649
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The gay activist agenda is simple. They want their lifestyle to be equal to heterosexuality and accepted as such.
    The problem with this statement is the word "lifestyle". I am certain that you are using it inaccurately.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #650
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    For one it has been the basis for the family unit since this country and dozens of other countries have used for thousands of years.

    It is genetic. I can prove quite easily that heterosexual sex is the foundation for procreation.

    Homosexuality has never been proven to be genetic and therefore can never be elevated to the heterosexual level.

    There are many alternative lifestyles out there and not one has been proven to be genetic ergo the label "alternative" lifestyles.

    Why do you feel (and it is feel since you have no factual basis) that this one alternative lifestyle should be equal to heterosexuality?
    Still sticking to the fallacy that somehow procreation equals sexual orientation? I have to say that this is one of the most inaccurate and ridiculous positions I have ever seen at DP.

    Based on that, everything you say that stems from that foolishness is irrelevant and cannot be taken seriously.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •