Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 191

Thread: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That's an interesting spin on the events. For people who aren't partisan hacks, Holder is a very respected attorney who has spent most of his career doing good work at main Justice.
    He's well respected by the New Black Panther terrorists.

    Not by anyone who cares about the United States and wishes to reverse the growth of corruption in government.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    That was mid to late 90s, right? So I was 26 - 30, but I was ignoring the hell out of politics. It was just so much noise to me.
    So you have no excuse for not remembering what happened, and now you want to pretend you understand it.

    Well, your "understanding" lacks substance. The president of the United States committed perjury to avoid the establishment of a pattern of behavior that would cause him to lose a politically damaging lawsuit that would leave him open to prosecution for sexual assualt.

    Perjury is a felony.

    Clinton also has a past history of rape. Several women have lodged complaints against him, at least one while he was a Rhodes Scholar at Cambridge.

    So the rapist was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

    He was not impeached for bestiality, ie, letting a pig suck on his tool.

    He was not impeached for adultery, since his behaviors were most juvenile.

    He was impeached for committing a felony.

    He later paid a fine and was disbarred for his crime.

  3. #73
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Okay, fine.

    Fine, Holder dismissed the charges on a civil suit against thugs who used deadly weapons to intimidate white voters away from a polling place in a predominantly black neighborhood.

    The next question is, outside of the fact that Holder is either a racist or a political hack, and not in the least bit concerned with upholding the law, is why criminal charges weren't filed. So was Holder a racist for not insisting criminal charges be filed, or is he a racist for simply dismissing the case out of hand after the defandants defaulted by not appearing for trial?
    I think there are plenty of problems with Holder's actions, and feel that this incident is one of the most concerning. I don't think it's necessarily a race thing, as people at his level tend to place politics above race, but it definitely sounds like politics were involved.

    That's the real issue. Try to stay focused on what's important next time.
    It was a pretty fundamental error. A prosecutor can't just tell the judge to release someone after a conviction has been entered.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #74
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Considering I got that example from the letter written by 19 lawyers, your calling my attempt "pathetic" is meaningless to me.



    I knew you couldn't debate your laughable comparison.

    Is this what you do when you can't defend your position? You run away and pretend the comparison you made never existed?

    I gave you real facts in the enormous differences between the two lawyers and you didn't even have the courage to confront it.

    At least I know your debating style for future arguments.
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-09-10 at 10:08 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #75
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Because they didn't want people to start making idiotic claims about how they love terrorists simply because they chose to take on unpopular pro bono cases?
    I'm sorry, what position did they accept? A public or private one?

    I've worked on cases involving crack cocaine sentencing, habeas appeals, capital punishment, etc. Do I like the clients? Not usually. Do I think they're good people? Not usually. Do they deserve competent representation? Of course.
    Did you try to change the law they were being prosecuted under?

    Saying that a lawyer who volunteers his time to help indigent clients must support their actions is like saying that someone working at a soup kitchen is a supporter of drinking in public and being homeless.
    Indigent clients. Get this guy. Boy you really are a lawyer. You think these Islamic terrorists are needy and impoverished?

    This isn't about even defending American civilian criminals. Its about defending Islamic terrorists and trying to force the government to try them under the same rights you and I face and you think there isn't a difference?
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-09-10 at 10:10 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #76
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

    Yes, and so is Ken Starr who you think is a hero:

    The American tradition of zealous representation of unpopular clients is at least as old as John Adams’s representation of the British soldiers charged in the Boston massacre.

    That is from the letter in the OP.
    And he's dead wrong. So what of it? You think because I thought Ken Star did the right thing under Clinton he's infallible? Are you kidding?

    Whats incredible is that you are so oblivious to the fact that this is the same government DOJ that tried to force civilian trials for these Islamic terrorists. The EXACT SAME THING these lawyers tried when they were just defense attorneys!

    And somehow you missed it. Amazing.
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-09-10 at 10:13 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #77
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm sorry, what position did they accept? A public or private one?
    So your theory is that any time anyone wants to know any information about the past private work experience of any government employee, the government must disclose that information without delay?

    Did you try to change the law they were being prosecuted under?
    We tried to get the judges to apply it in new and unique ways. What's your point?

    Indigent clients. Get this guy. Boy you really are a lawyer. You think these Islamic terrorists are needy and impoverished?
    You obviously appear to understand what the word "indigent" means, so what's the question? They cannot obtain legal counsel on their own. It is provided for them. What's so confusing about this?

    This isn't about even defending American civilian criminals. Its about defending Islamic terrorists and trying to force the government to try them under the same rights you and I face and you think there isn't a difference?
    It's about representing a client. It doesn't matter whether you think they should receive the same rights or not, because as long as their cases are in the US court system, they need lawyers there to represent them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,960

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Lindsey Graham joined the growing list of Republicans denouncing Liz Cheney.

    A defense attorney who is making the government do their job regardless of the nature of the case is making this whole country a better place, said Graham, a military lawyer whos currently a senior instructor at the Air Force JAG School. I represented people as a defense attorney in the military that were charged with some pretty horrific acts and I gave them my all.

    Lindsey Graham denounces Liz Cheney advertisement - Lisa Lerer - POLITICO.com

  9. #79
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So your theory is that any time anyone wants to know any information about the past private work experience of any government employee, the government must disclose that information without delay?
    Without delay? Do you even have a clue how long they "delayed" releasing the names?

    Have you even bothered to do any research whatsoever?

    Here's a clue. This has been going on for months. Only after Liz Cheney showed up on the O'Reilly Factor did they release the names. Pretty sad you defended something you obviously knew nothing about.

    I see you ducked the point that they work for the government and not a private firm.

    We tried to get the judges to apply it in new and unique ways. What's your point?
    There is a big difference between fighting for your client and trying to reshape the law to fit Islamic terrorists and afford them American civilian rights.

    That's the point.

    You obviously appear to understand what the word "indigent" means, so what's the question?
    Look up the word. Clearly you do not know what the word means.


    indigent
       /ˈɪndɪdʒənt/ Show Spelled[in-di-juhnt] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1.
    lacking food, clothing, and other necessities of life because of poverty; needy; poor; impoverished.
    2.
    Archaic.
    a.
    deficient in what is requisite.
    b.
    destitute (usually fol. by of).


    Once again your lack of research and arrogance gets the better of you.

    They cannot obtain legal counsel on their own. It is provided for them. What's so confusing about this?
    Again, how do you know this? How do you know they are poor and have no money at all? Where is your proof?

    Of course you have none, just more supposition without factual backing from you.

    It's about representing a client. It doesn't matter whether you think they should receive the same rights or not, because as long as their cases are in the US court system, they need lawyers there to represent them.
    No see its not just about representing a client. This kind of thinking is what gives lawyers such a bad name. You cannot pretend you hold personal morals and defend Islamic terrorists and think they can be separated.

    The stupidity of your argument is amazing. When was the last time someone who was a mob lawyer got hired as a DOJ lawyer to go after the mob?

    There are limits to such rank hypocrisy
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-10-10 at 06:36 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #80
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Lindsey Graham joined the growing list of Republicans denouncing Liz Cheney.

    A defense attorney who is making the government do their job regardless of the nature of the case is making this whole country a better place, said Graham, a military lawyer whos currently a senior instructor at the Air Force JAG School. I represented people as a defense attorney in the military that were charged with some pretty horrific acts and I gave them my all.

    Lindsey Graham denounces Liz Cheney advertisement - Lisa Lerer - POLITICO.com
    Michael Goldfarb said it best:

    "These lawyers did far more than represent criminals. They have propagandized on behalf of our enemies, engaging in a worldwide smear campaign against the CIA, the U.S. military and the United States itself while we are at war."
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •