Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 191

Thread: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So, how old were you when Special Prosecutor Starr was tasked with probing The Rapist President's involvement in the Whitewater scandal?
    That was mid to late 90s, right? So I was 26 - 30, but I was ignoring the hell out of politics. It was just so much noise to me.

  2. #62
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    What is it Ken Starr did that makes his name familiar? He wasn't the lead investigator into Clinton's sex trails was he?
    The left hate Starr because he very carefully looked into the illegal actions of their favorite President, all at the direction of that President's AG.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You're talking about the Eric Holder, who, after obtaining the convictions of a couple of thugs who were guilty of voter intimidation (of white people at a predominantly black district) summarily dismissed the CONVICTIONS before sentencing, either because the thugs were black or because one of them was an elected Democrat.

    In either case, Holder is scum not fit to clean a stable, let alone be Attorney General of the United States of America.
    That's an interesting spin on the events. For people who aren't partisan hacks, Holder is a very respected attorney who has spent most of his career doing good work at main Justice.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 03-09-10 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #64
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    That's the guy. He started off chasing another rabbit and eventually found something to go after Clinton with for the high crime of not being a conservative republican.
    You mean the crime of perjury.
    Yeah, damn that Starr guy all to hell, investigating the President's commission of a felony while in office.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    At this level, defense attorneys are essentially interchangeable with prosecutors. One of the most common career paths is to work at a law firm for a few years, spend a few years at a US Atty's office as a prosecutor, and then go back to the firm and become a white collar defense partner. Many of those partners periodically go back to work as prosecutors or judges depending on who appoints them. I know a dozen or so people who have followed that path, and if I'm lucky, I will as well.
    I disagree. Very few defense attorneys are going to sit down, powwow and plan out an investigative strategy with the FBI. Federal prosecutors do that all the time. You're right, it is routine for prosecutors to go into defense work (particularly white collar corporate gigs), but DOJ attorneys regularly work with federal law enforcement agencies to map out federal cases. That's different.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    bill clinton was sued by HIS EQUAL, a united states citizen by name of paula jones for sexual harrassment because she says he dropped his pants in a little rock hotel room and asked her to "kiss it"

    she was a STATE EMPLOYEE at the time and he was GOVERNOR of arkansas

    their relationship was therefore by definition NOT equal which is the very definition of sexual harrassment

    bosses (like eric massa) have NO RIGHT making comments like that to their SUBORDINATES who rightly and naturally fear the potential consequences of saying no

    on the witness stand bill clinton LIED

    his impeachment was NOT about sex, it was about his LYING on the witness stand

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    eric holder, as bill clinton's #2 at justice under janet reno, orchestrated the marc rich pardon in return for 7 figure, i believe, donations to the clinton library

    mr rich was one of the top white collar criminals of his era who was forced to flee the country

    his ex wife is one of the top country music songwriters in america's history and she lobbied tirelessly and futilely for years on behalf of her ex husband

    until she met mr's clinton and holder, at which point the pardon went thru like very expensive peanut butter

    eric holder also directed the pardon of the faln terrorists responsible for the deaths of a number of police and armed service employees

  8. #68
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I disagree. Very few defense attorneys are going to sit down, powwow and plan out an investigative strategy with the FBI. Federal prosecutors do that all the time.
    They obviously don't do it while they're representing the party being investigated, but my point is that the bulk of these defense attorneys have done exactly that while they were prosecutors. Similarly, the important districts rarely hire attorneys straight out of law school - they wait for them to get a few years of experience doing defense work at firms.

    You're right, it is routine for prosecutors to go into defense work (particularly white collar corporate gigs), but DOJ attorneys regularly work with federal law enforcement agencies to map out federal cases. That's different.
    It's honestly not that different. First, as I mentioned above, there is a huge overlap between the two groups. In fact, I'd wager than more than 90% of the US Attorneys have spent some time working as defense counsel. Second, 90% of the job of being a prosecutor or defense attorney is knowing how the system works, what is or is not permissible, etc. If you're working on one side, you necessarily know how the other side operates. As a defense attorney in these cases, you know the exact rules that the other side has to follow, what types of material they can or cannot use, how much coordination they can have with investigators, who they can share their information with, etc. Similarly, as an AUSA, you know exactly who the other side is representing, who they're in a joint defense agreement with, what their argument is, etc. In addition, both sides generally know what the other side's end goal is and what they're going to do next in order to get there.

    In order to be a good defense attorney of this caliber, you have to know exactly how the AUSA's do their job. In order to be a good prosecutor, the same is true. 90% of great defense attorneys would (and do) make great prosecutors and vice versa.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    That's not even remotely close to what happened.

    1) It was a civil case, so there was no "sentencing"
    2) There were no "convictions," nor was there a judgment
    Okay, fine.

    Fine, Holder dismissed the charges on a civil suit against thugs who used deadly weapons to intimidate white voters away from a polling place in a predominantly black neighborhood.

    The next question is, outside of the fact that Holder is either a racist or a political hack, and not in the least bit concerned with upholding the law, is why criminal charges weren't filed. So was Holder a racist for not insisting criminal charges be filed, or is he a racist for simply dismissing the case out of hand after the defandants defaulted by not appearing for trial?

    That's the real issue. Try to stay focused on what's important next time.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Republicans scold Liz Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    eric holder, as bill clinton's #2 at justice under janet reno, orchestrated the marc rich pardon in return for 7 figure, i believe, donations to the clinton library

    mr rich was one of the top white collar criminals of his era who was forced to flee the country

    his ex wife is one of the top country music songwriters in america's history and she lobbied tirelessly and futilely for years on behalf of her ex husband

    until she met mr's clinton and holder, at which point the pardon went thru like very expensive peanut butter

    eric holder also directed the pardon of the faln terrorists responsible for the deaths of a number of police and armed service employees
    On that last...you forgot to mention that the release of the FALN terrorists was helpful to a certain carpetbagging wannabe-Senatorette from New York, who gained Hispanic votes thereby.

    Whenever you're discussing the Clinton Whitehouse, or the Red Queen Herself, always look for the money trail and the corruption trails. They're always there somewhere.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •