Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Five European states back burka ban

  1. #21
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news it's too late to stop Muslim influence in Europe or North America.

    The spread of members of this cult of hate and repression are set to dominate the world if the spread of of the cult is not stopped and very soon.

    Only a cult teaches a reward for the murder of innocent people and subjugates and represses woman.

    Until the west has guts enough to tell the truth about this cult the war on terror and the spread of the cult will continue.

    I don't see the wearing of the Burka as a threat but the teachings most certainly are a threat to Governments and anyone who will not submit to the cult.

    Muslim Demographics Video


    I have no problem with Muslim women wearing burka's. If they want to abide by some interpretation of a closet homosexual who has a problem with the female body then that is their business. However when they want an ID or driver's license, to testify in court(because we believe in the right to face one's accuser in court and to be able to judge through body language if the person is being truthful on the stand) or to perhaps enter certain buildings(banks,public offices or some other place a criminal might take advantage of being concealed) then that burka comes off. If there is some criminal or terrorist on the loose then authorities can simply ask the person wearing the burka to reveal themselves. .
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #22
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

    11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence (1 Timothy 2:11-12)

    Is freedom of speech lost on fundy Christians? What percent of our Christian population is fundamentalist? So let's not get too carried away with "islam treats women badly".
    The only way that anything in this post would even begin to make sense would be if Christians refused to let women speak in church or teach in school. Since that's obviously not the case, I can't fathom what you're getting at or how it's remotely on-topic.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 03-02-10 at 01:16 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #23
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The only way that anything in this post would even begin to make sense would be if Christians refused to let women speak in church or teach in school. Since that's obviously not the case, I can't fathom what you're getting at or how it's remotely on-topic.
    Ok - Christians don't make the rules for school, for one thing. Government, thankfully, has its hand in that - however, some Churches do govern their own private schools and all are subject to regulations and rules which wouldn't be permissible within the public school system.

    On your second point - in some churches women are not allowed to be ministers or teach classes - like the Apostolic Protestants, for one example.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    In the US we do have an opposing force on the rise. Hispanics are Catholics, and their numbers are growing. Nevertheless, the first amendment is the shield against potential Islamic tyranny.
    When the Left is doing everything it can to destroy the Second Amendment?

    Don't look to the First for protection if the people needed to defend the First don't have guns to back them up.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    What's going ot happen is that when the muslims get electoral majorities in those nations they're going to cite the Burqa Ban as precedent and ban halter-tops, bikinis, shorts, short skirts, and bared heads on all women in the nations they've invaded.

    Also, those foolish European countries are failing to heed Franklin's dictum that those who give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither.

    The correct thing to do is make sure that all businesses have the freedom to exclude all persons not conforming to whatever dress code the business chooses to impose. If Bob's First National Bank of France decides that it won't allow burqa-people onto it's premises, then burqa-people can't do business at the bank. Bob doesn't have to give a reason.

    If Harold's Fruit and Vegetable Emporium doesn't want burqa-people in his shop, then burqa-people have to shop elsewhere.

    The problem comes when the government owned transportation services want to eliminate burqa-people. THAT is wrongful discrimination. Too bad Europe abandoned the free market.

  6. #26
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post



    The only difference between a burqa and any other religion's traditional garb is the niqab, which it doesn't sound like this legislation deals with at all.
    You have GOT to be kidding with that comparison

    The burka is not part of a religious order of Islam!

    Did you even know that?

    Seriously, that comparison is really pathetic. Try reading how terrorists exploit the anaminity of the burka I listed below as a device to conseal their identity.

    When you have men dressed as nun's blowing up crowds of people you be sure to let us know mmmkay?
    Last edited by texmaster; 03-02-10 at 06:06 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #27
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Whats the deal to you? You're not wearing it. It doesn't affect you, reflect on you or mean anything to you. You just look at them - sometimes.
    Actually, it does matter.

    Niqabs and Burqas as Security Threats :: Daniel Pipes

    Burka Attack in Afghanistan ? Winds Of Jihad By SheikYerMami

    The Lambeth Walk: Armed Robbery Committed by 'Asian' Man Dressed in Burqa


    Althouse: The completely covered face in the driver's license photo.

    Not only is it subjugating women but its being exploited by terrorists and used to circumvent identification.

    Whats more absurd than everyones bias is that some things have actually been strongly sexualized - like a nun's habit.
    Thus - are you ever going to grow equal opposition and outrage for the nuns on their behalf? Or against their required habit?

    I don't think so.
    Can we please stop the stupidity of comparing a nun's outfit to a burka?

    Thats like comparing a priests' outfit to a smoking jacket
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #28
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Jray573 View Post
    My point is that opposition to the burqa is not necessarily intended as intolerance to a religion.
    If that was your point then I agree.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #29
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you were worried about subjugating women then you'd be equally against protestants having to wear long hair and other such things.
    The face-covering is only *part* of a burqa (I'm repeating myself) - which isn't always worn or required, it depends on where you are.

    However - you didn't bring up the "exploited by terrorists" argument until now. I can read - I know for a fact that's being leaned on an an excuse - not an original reason.
    They didn't start this ban based on THAT.

    It's ridiculous to suggest that's the case, honestly.
    As if all other forms of clothing are fully revealing - and only a burqa gives a terrorist an opportunity to hide weapons in.

    In reality weapons can be hide anywhere - like someone's underwear for example. Are you going to ban clothing of any type for all those who might be Middle Eastern?

    Oh, wait - you can't do that because it's racial profiling.

    So really your only option is to fully support everyone being nude all the time with intermittent body-cavity searches.

    You reek of hypocrisy.

    Its my theory that you wouldn't have your opinions against the burqa or other Islamic-dress if there weren't extremists going around threatening people - using religion as an excuse to kill. So - is banning the burqa or minaret going to make the terrorists play nice?
    NOPE!

    Can we please stop the stupidity of comparing a nun's outfit to a burka?
    HAH! Look at you, suddenly disproving of a comparison. Imagine that.
    Why does that bother you? It's non-biased comparison. One religion and its garb being compared to another religion and it's garb. Why does that get under your skin?

    Burqas go hand in hand with their religion and a Habit and Cassock go hand in hand with Catholicism - so on and so forth.

    Ask yourself - WHY do nuns WEAR a habit? What does it mean?
    They wear it because its Canon Law - required by the church (which is fully formed, operated and controlled by MEN, btw, seeing as how you're all in support for women's rights and anti-subjugation all of a sudden) - and, just as with various Islamic faiths, the required garb varies depending on what era you're considering and what region/culture surrounds someone.
    So - why don't you scream out "subjugation!!" on their behalf?

    AH! because major difference is that the nun makes the CHOICE to join a nunnery and dedicate herself to God as well as wearing her habit - it's a CHOICE. So - if she CHOOSES to wear it then it's not so offensive, yes?

    Exactly.

    So, once again - you should be supporting a woman's right to CHOOSE = burqa or no burqa, niqab or no niqab rather than robbing innocent women of a right to their garb that they just *might want to wear* because of what some other people have done or because of what YOU think is right for THEM.

    You're full of snot - claiming to be for woman's rights and then turning around and declaring their right to choose to be null and void - and that you, being superior in some way, will choose for them instead.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-02-10 at 06:31 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #30
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Five European states back burka ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If you were worried about subjugating women then you'd be equally against protestants having to wear long hair and other such things.
    LOL Ok I have to ask. What the hell are you talking about?

    The face-covering is only *part* of a burqa (I'm repeating myself) - which isn't always worn or required, it depends on where you are.
    Which still doesn't address the point that it is used by many to cover the entire face which is the point.

    However - you didn't bring up the "exploited by terrorists" argument until now.
    How perceptive.

    I can read - I know for a fact that's being leaned on an an excuse - not an original reason.
    They didn't start this ban based on THAT.

    The poll shows some 70 per cent of respondents in France said they supported plans to forbid the wearing of the garment which covers the female body from head to toe. There was similar sentiment in Spain and Italy, where 65 per cent and 63 per cent respectively favored a ban.

    Really, so please explain how your mind reading works and you know they all object for other reasons.

    As if all other forms of clothing are fully revealing - and only a burqa gives a terrorist an opportunity to hide weapons in.

    In reality weapons can be hide anywhere - like someone's underwear for example. Are you going to ban clothing of any type for all those who might be Middle Eastern?
    Like I said earlier, when you find men dressing as nuns blowing up civilians with suicide bombs you be sure to let us know.

    Oh, wait - you can't do that because it's racial profiling So really your only option is to fully support everyone being nude all the time with intermittent body-cavity searches.
    Racial profiling? Are you so far gone you think all Muslims are only one race? Are you really that ignorant or is this just a passing thing with you?

    Its my theory that you wouldn't have your opinions against the burqa or other Islamic-dress if there weren't extremists going around threatening people - using religion as an excuse to kill. So - is banning the burqa or minaret going to make the terrorists play nice?
    NOPE!
    Ah we are back to the mind reading argument of yours. Wow is that sad.

    HAH! Look at you, suddenly disproving of a comparison. Imagine that.
    Why does that bother you? It's non-biased comparison. One religion and its garb being compared to another religion and it's garb. Why does that get under your skin?

    Burqas go hand in hand with their religion and a Habit and Cassock go hand in hand with Catholicism - so on and so forth.

    Ask yourself - WHY do nuns WEAR a habit? What does it mean?
    They wear it because its Canon Law - required by the church (which is fully formed, operated and controlled by MEN, btw, seeing as how you're all in support for women's rights and anti-subjugation all of a sudden) - and, just as with various Islamic faiths, the required garb varies depending on what era you're considering and what region/culture surrounds someone.
    So - why don't you scream out "subjugation!!" on their behalf?

    AH! because major difference is that the nun makes the CHOICE to join a nunnery and dedicate herself to God as well as wearing her habit - it's a CHOICE. So - if she CHOOSES to wear it then it's not so offensive, yes?

    Exactly.

    So, once again - you should be supporting a woman's right to CHOOSE = burqa or no burqa, niqab or no niqab rather than robbing innocent women of a right to their garb that they just *might want to wear* because of what some other people have done or because of what YOU think is right for THEM.

    You're full of snot - claiming to be for woman's rights and then turning around and declaring their right to choose to be null and void - and that you, being superior in some way, will choose for them instead.
    Now that is a textbook definition of a rambling disconjointed rant.

    Let us know when you're ready to read what people actually argue instead of playing your best Ivannah topless palm reader you be sure to let us know
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •