Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I agree. If all religious clubs were disbanded then this really is a non issue. If there are still other religious clubs active at the school then this Christian club has a leg to stand on.
    Maybe. Depends on the reason why it was disbanded. It would be a pretty strong case though if other religious clubs where still active.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So none of these Christians is Black. It is ok in your eyes to be racist?
    No idea if they are black or not, I have a feeling they are not though

    And people have the right to be racist, and I can as my right dislike those who are racist

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    No idea if they are black or not, I have a feeling they are not though

    And people have the right to be racist, and I can as my right dislike those who are racist
    It is ok to be racist to whites but nobody else. You say this with no proof that is deplorable.

  4. #44
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Maybe. Depends on the reason why it was disbanded. It would be a pretty strong case though if other religious clubs where still active.
    Well if all religious clubs were disbanded, then this club cannot say the school is trying to just focus on Christians. I am not saying that the school is still in the clear, but it would definitely weaken their argument. I do think it is too early to start judging the situation completely.

  5. #45
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Do you have any reports that suggest black christians feel discriminated against because they are christian?
    Ahh yea, my church.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ahh yea, my church.
    So who was discriminating against your church because it is christian, and not because the members are black?

  7. #47
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is ok to be racist to whites but nobody else. You say this with no proof that is deplorable.
    I didnt say it was ok to be racist towards whites now did I

  8. #48
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: N.Y. High School Sued for Disbanding Christian Student Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    So who was discriminating against your church because it is christian, and not because the members are black?
    It is a general attack on Christianity (or that is the way they see it) not anything in particular. Christians of all races and creeds feel under attack Whether it is real or imagined. Trying to somehow make it about race is just stupid. Race has nothing at all to do with it.

    Walk into any Christian black church, white church or Hispanic church and ask them if they feel Christianity is under attack and at least 80% will say yes.

    This incident has nothing at all to do with race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •