Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

  1. #11
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Rep. Rangel has served his constituents well. He's made mistakes and he has acknowledged he's made mistakes.

    His detractors would have his offenses be fatal to his political career, but really that's a decision for his electorate and his peers.

    He's certainly living up to the legacy of his predecessor.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton_Powell,_Jr.

    Proud tradition in the 18th CD - be a corrupt scumbag, but share enough of the wealth with your constituents and the local political machine in order to keep getting elected.

    I can't wait til this sleazeball gets removed, whether by the ballot box or in handcuffs.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #12
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    He's certainly living up to the legacy of his predecessor.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton_Powell,_Jr.

    Proud tradition in the 18th CD - be a corrupt scumbag, but share enough of the wealth with your constituents and the local political machine in order to keep getting elected.

    I can't wait til this sleazeball gets removed, whether by the ballot box or in handcuffs.
    "Keep the faith, baby".

    -Adam Clayton Powell Jr.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #13
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Rangel is a crooked son of a bitch. He's been a disgrace his entire career. He ought to be frogmarched out Washington.
    I don't give a damn who what anyone did in the past it does not give ahyone the right to be a crook or violte the law or the rules.

    It's like you find your spouse is cheating on you and you say wll up to now they were very loyal and true so I'll over look the recent episode of cheating. Would you do that?

    I think not, and in the case of politicians too many times people tend to feel like well it's one of our won so we'll give them as pass this time.

    Well screw that the crooks and those who violate the rules need to pay a high price than the average cheater. They need to be held to a higher level and never given a pass.

    Rangle needs to be drummed out of office and spend his remaining time on this earth paying the piper with more of a penalty than censure carrys.

    And tha goes for every politician that is caught in violation of the law or the rules.

    Equal justice must prevail at every turn or there is not justice.

  4. #14
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    He's certainly living up to the legacy of his predecessor.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Clayton_Powell,_Jr.

    Proud tradition in the 18th CD - be a corrupt scumbag, but share enough of the wealth with your constituents and the local political machine in order to keep getting elected.

    I can't wait til this sleazeball gets removed, whether by the ballot box or in handcuffs.
    Better yet, let New York City become a banana republic in itself. Break away from the good part of the state and LEAVE US ALONE!!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  5. #15
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Better yet, let New York City become a banana republic in itself. Break away from the good part of the state and LEAVE US ALONE!!
    Probably be much harder for left-leaning politicians to win NY if NYC was it's own state...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #16
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Probably be much harder for left-leaning politicians to win NY if NYC was it's own state...
    Good! I want NY to become Beet Red!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  7. #17
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Better yet, let New York City become a banana republic in itself. Break away from the good part of the state and LEAVE US ALONE!!
    Broheim, I came from the "good part" of the state and I can tell you that there's not much good about it. If NYC broke away from the rest of the state, upstate would find itself in even deeper fiscal straits than it already is.

    As to the idea that upstate would become "Beet red" - where are you getting this? The Democrats hold 26 of the 29 Congressional seats, including the vast majority of those in upstate.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 02-26-10 at 12:25 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #18
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Broheim, I came from the "good part" of the state and I can tell you that there's not much good about it. If NYC broke away from the rest of the state, upstate would find itself in even deeper fiscal straits than it already is.

    As to the idea that upstate would become "Beet red" - where are you getting this? The Democrats hold 26 of the 29 Congressional seats, including the vast majority of those in upstate.
    All the more reason to force NYC to secede from Upstate and merge with Joizy! Upstate can thrive without the NYC albatross, Hell, we have our own Liberal sh!tholes in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Ithaca.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  9. #19
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    All the more reason to force NYC to secede from Upstate and merge with Joizy! Upstate can thrive without the NYC albatross, Hell, we have our own Liberal sh!tholes in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Ithaca.
    What part of that made any sense? The fact that NYC subsidizes upstate is a reason why upstate would be better off without that money? Interesting.

    And yea, save Ithaca, those places are all ****holes, but that has little to do with liberalism.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 02-26-10 at 12:42 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #20
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Ethics panel finds Rangel broke rules

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    What part of that made any sense? The fact that NYC subsidizes upstate is a reason why upstate would be better off without that money? Interesting.

    And yea, save Ithaca, those places are all ****holes, but that has little to do with liberalism.
    Ithaca still sucks. Nothing goes on there. But the major problem is that Liberals have been entrenched for decades in all of the areas I mentioned. Hell, Buffalo has had crappy mayors since 1993.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •