Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

  1. #21
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,008

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Not all Muslims think this way. It's just the people in power in some of those countries who are the most vocal.
    Isn't it always the people in power and the most vocal that instigate violence and create wars? Arguing that "not all of them" think this way is insignificant.

    We can state with fact that the vast majority do not think this way. But we can also state that they also do nothing to take out their own trash leaving them for the West to clean up. I do not subscribe to the notion that we are to feel guilty for seeing Islam a certain way when they don't even clean it up.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Isn't it always the people in power and the most vocal that instigate violence and create wars? Arguing that "not all of them" think this way is insignificant.

    We can state with fact that the vast majority do not think this way. But we can also state that they also do nothing to take out their own trash leaving them for the West to clean up. I do not subscribe to the notion that we are to feel guilty for seeing Islam a certain way when they don't even clean it up.
    Have you not been paying attention to what is happening in Iran? People are being shot for protesting, yet still continue to protest. Were you not following the student demonstration a few months ago?

    The people in power have the guns. That's the only reason why people have to put up with their crap. It takes organization, tenacity, strength, and weapons in order to topple these leaders. You make it seem like the majority must agree with the leaders because they're not uprising right away.

    The majority are reluctant to throw their lives away, but if the cause becomes great enough, it will even override their survival instincts.

  3. #23
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,008

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    It all started when the Swiss police in Geneva arrested Gaddaffi's son for assault about a year or so ago. Ever since then, Daddy's been mad at us and looking for any reason to embarrass, humiliate or attack Switzerland any way he can.

    There's nothing suprising about this. This is historical in this culture. It has never taken much to ignite Islamic fury. They have slaughtered each other over the most insignificant things and used minor details througout the 20th century to create enemies in the West to explain their culture's failures.

    This is just one more personally significant thing being turned into a religious excuse for violence. Some will rush to the opportunity to please their God in a world of misery and hopelessness.


    "Islam's" enemies keep growing. Wasn't it China a few weeks ago? Now Switzerland? Maybe a Penguin in the South is in need of some good old fashion Allah wrath. I'm still warning. Eventually it will not matter how much catering, deal making, money spending, or politicial correctness is spewed forth. These radicals and extremists will force a major "Clash of Civilizations" before long. Maybe in 5 or 10 years a plane or two will drop on Beijing or Paris or London or Berlin or Geneva or Moscow. Hell, by then there makes nukes in the Islamic toy chest.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-27-10 at 04:57 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #24
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Kadhafi is wrong.

    But so was Switzerland for banning the minarets. It was a racist policy that served no purpose but to reinforce racial tensions.

    Both sides are wrong.
    All sides are wrong.

    Kadhafi for the pathetic rants and insanity, Switzerland for the Minarets, and you, Orion, for thinking that Muslim is a race.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #25
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,008

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Have you not been paying attention to what is happening in Iran? People are being shot for protesting, yet still continue to protest. Were you not following the student demonstration a few months ago?

    The people in power have the guns. That's the only reason why people have to put up with their crap. It takes organization, tenacity, strength, and weapons in order to topple these leaders. You make it seem like the majority must agree with the leaders because they're not uprising right away.

    The majority are reluctant to throw their lives away, but if the cause becomes great enough, it will even override their survival instincts.
    I'm not concerned with what the Shia are doing in Iran. Our problem in regards to terrorism and ethnic slaughhter is Sunni.

    But.....even with Iran we have quite a pickle. We can't really help them because we would be "meddling." But then again we can help them and then get blamed when they slaughter each other. But then again we can sit back and watch them protest and get murdered and pretend that they are doing all they can to make a stand against religious tyranny and oppression and get blamed for doing nothing. We can't seem to come out without being guilty from this culture.

    Where are the Egyptian and Saudi militaries in Afghanistan? They are our allies, yet they do nothing. Middle Eastern governments were quick to send sympathies on 9/12 to ensure that they were safe from retribution. They were quick to show a little terrorist hunting within their own borders (cleaning house a little couldn't hurt). But in the end, this region's governments do little more than talk and their people continue to raise radicals and fanatics. Their youth continue to graduate schools with no jobs. Religious schools conitnue to paint the West as the enemy of their God, which pushes some of them towards extremist thought. America, all of Europe (to include the Swiss now), China and who ever else have been declared enemies of God by extremists in Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Seems that people are starting to get the idea that this is not merely about a man in a cave. This is regional and cultural and it will get worse the longer we pretend it is not. Worse, even with Muslims traveling towards Iraq to slaughter other Muslims from all over the region, the region's governments are still pretending that this problem is confined to certain locales (even as those locales keep adding up). And not just Iraq, the current generation of Tali-Ban have come from across the region as well.

    Even the Turks are in Afghanistan to fight what they label as "Rogues of Islam."
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-27-10 at 05:24 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I'm not concerned with what the Shia are doing in Iran. Our problem in regards to terrorism and ethnic slaughhter is Sunni.
    a.k.a "I'm not going to listen to what you have to say and will just keep talking."

    You said that the majority sit back and do nothing. I say you're wrong.

    You live in such a black and white world.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Have you not been paying attention to what is happening in Iran? People are being shot for protesting, yet still continue to protest. Were you not following the student demonstration a few months ago?

    The people in power have the guns. That's the only reason why people have to put up with their crap. It takes organization, tenacity, strength, and weapons in order to topple these leaders. You make it seem like the majority must agree with the leaders because they're not uprising right away.

    The majority are reluctant to throw their lives away, but if the cause becomes great enough, it will even override their survival instincts.
    They're protesting against a corrupt government, not against their own corrupt religion.

    When Muslims are shot down in the streets for trying to take their religion back from the nutjobs, let me know. Until they do that, they're all complicit with the actions of the nutjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're protesting against a corrupt government, not against their own corrupt religion.

    When Muslims are shot down in the streets for trying to take their religion back from the nutjobs, let me know. Until they do that, they're all complicit with the actions of the nutjobs.
    Their religion isn't corrupt. The few radicals, however, are.

    That's like saying Christianity is corrupt because of a few crazies.

    You don't think that Muslims the world over are angry about how their religion is being twisted by the vocal minority? There are plenty. I had this conversation recently with two Muslims where I work.

    You live in a black and white world which is why you will continue to only see a small part of the picture. I pity you.

  9. #29
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,008

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    a.k.a "I'm not going to listen to what you have to say and will just keep talking."

    You said that the majority sit back and do nothing. I say you're wrong.

    You live in such a black and white world.
    AKA, you settled for what will make you comfortable.

    You are wrong, because the majority constitutes all of the region, not some protests in Iran (of which do not even make up the majority of Iran). Our problems in regards to terrorism and ethnic slaughter are of Sunni origin. And the Sunni make up over 85 percent of Islam.
    Last edited by MSgt; 02-27-10 at 05:30 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,782

    Re: Kadhafi calls for jihad against Switzerland over minaret ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Their religion isn't corrupt. The few radicals, however, are.

    That's like saying Christianity is corrupt because of a few crazies.

    You don't think that Muslims the world over are angry about how their religion is being twisted by the vocal minority? There are plenty. I had this conversation recently with two Muslims where I work.

    You live in a black and white world which is why you will continue to only see a small part of the picture. I pity you.
    No you're wrong, literally all christians are part of the KKK!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •