Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156

Thread: GM to shut down Hummer

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't recall one instance where I have had to wade through more snow than my winter tires could handle. Not once. So again, I ask... why do I need a big-assed gas guzzling, road-hogging/wrecking, parking nighmare, testosterone inducing tank?
    Musta notta been much snow, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    The Dems? That's funny. The collapse of the housing sector started in 2006.
    Oh! Now it all started in 2006?

    Ya'll keep moving the mark farther and farther back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Actually people that buy those kind of vehicles whine the most about gas prices. They buy them as status symbols. Most really can't afford them.
    Bingo, we have a winner here.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #44
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Musta notta been much snow, then.
    I live in Canada.

    N'uff said.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #45
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't recall one instance where I have had to wade through more snow than my winter tires could handle.
    This means one of two things;
    -You dont get that much snow
    -You dont go out before the plows come.

    Either way, your claim is a farce. Normal cars and trucks can only handle so much snow before travel becomes unsafe (which is usually well before it becomes impossibe), regardless of what car you have or how good you are at driving. This point is WELL before the same applies to 4x4 vehicles, even those so slight as a Liberty or Esacpe.

    Its a simple matter of ground clearance -- you wind up on top of the snow and cannot move. I guarantee that if the snow is too deep for a Liberty, you Accent is going nowhere.

    So, you go ahead and thnk your Accent is all that and a bag of chips - those in the know about snow are laughing.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-25-10 at 05:16 PM.

  6. #46
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh! Now it all started in 2006?

    Ya'll keep moving the mark farther and farther back...
    "The United States housing bubble was an economic bubble affecting many parts of the United States housing market, including areas of California, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, the Northeast megalopolis, and the Southwest markets. At the national level, housing prices peaked in early 2005, started to decline in 2006, and may not yet have hit bottom."
    The collapse of the housing bubble led to the recession that started in Dec 2007.
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-25-10 at 05:19 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I live in Canada.

    N'uff said.
    So, your two wheel drive is the best snow busting two wheel drive on the planet? When all the other two wheel drives are stuck, you're still chuggin' along?

    I've been to Canada. Williams Lake, BC. Wernt much snow there in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    "The United States housing bubble was an economic bubble affecting many parts of the United States housing market, including areas of California, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, the Northeast megalopolis, and the Southwest markets. At the national level, housing prices peaked in early 2005, started to decline in 2006, and may not yet have hit bottom."
    The collapse of the housing bubble led to the recession that started in Dec 2007.
    IOW, "it's Bush's fault"

    Even PBO managed to get that in during the Obamacare shin-dig today...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This means one of two things;
    -You dont get that much snow
    -You dont go out before the plows come.

    Either way, your claim is a farce. Normal cars and trucks can only handle so much snow before travel becomes unsafe (which is usually well before it becomes impossibe), regardless of what car you have or how good you are at driving. This point is WELL before the same applies to 4x4 vehicles, even those so slight as a Liberty or Esacpe.

    Its a simple matter of ground clearance -- you wind up on top of the snow and cannot move.

    So, you go ahead and thnk your Accent is all that and a bag of chips - those in the know about snow are laughing.
    In my parts, we don't wait until there's 3 feet of snow before the plows come by. We, as a society of the Great White North, follow weather forecasts, and are prepared when the snow hits. Plows work all day clearing snow, especially on main roads. Heck, here's an idea. Instead of every person having to buy a Hummer or a vehicle that can support 4 fatties, why don't your snow laden cities buy more plows? WOW, how bout them apples, eh!

    Like I said, I get around just fine with my Hyundai and my winter tires. Seriously.
    Last edited by Middleground; 02-25-10 at 05:24 PM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #50
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    IOW, "it's Bush's fault"

    Even PBO managed to get that in during the Obamacare shin-dig today...
    Bush had as much or more to do with it than the dems. One would have to be in total denial to totally blame the collapse of the housing and financial sectors on the dems.
    Bush and Greenspan created the bubble.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •