Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 156

Thread: GM to shut down Hummer

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    CBC News - Money - GM to shut down Hummer after deal collapses



    Someone in the comments section said it best:

    "Bye Hummer - won't miss you, but be happy that your products will be held up to future generations as icons of a absurd and dangerously self-centered age."
    As opposed to pretty much any other full-size SUV or pickup truck, sure yeah.

  2. #142
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And according to Consumer Reports, they have a terrible reliability record and repairs cost a fortune.
    Thats Rangies. Not Defenders. Your late versions of the Range Rover is pretty much the UK version of the H2. High on comfort and utility for the "Horsey" crowd, but not serious contenders for driving through swamps.

  3. #143
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    CBC News - Money - GM to shut down Hummer after deal collapses



    Someone in the comments section said it best:

    "Bye Hummer - won't miss you, but be happy that your products will be held up to future generations as icons of a absurd and dangerously self-centered age."
    Bub … bye!
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  4. #144
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Sounded more like a severe case of envy to me.... or, If I can't afford what I want, nobody should be able to get what they want either....
    Liberalism is all about using the state to bring down people that you cannot compete with.

  5. #145
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    What took them so long? Ive been in those things, they're very cramped.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  6. #146
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Liberalism is all about using the state to bring down people that you cannot compete with.
    This is exactly the sort of arrogance I'm talking about. "I'm better/richer than you, therefore I get to do things that cause harm to you and others."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Liberalism is all about using the state to bring down people that you cannot compete with.
    That's easy to say. Where is your proof? It's actually the other way around. Here is my proof.

    Rage on the Right | Southern Poverty Law Center

  8. #148
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Liberalism is all about using the state to bring down people that you cannot compete with.
    This has nothing to do with political crap. This is about a overgrown SUV that isn't selling. Hummers are in the same line of the yuppie SUV for nervous nellies who want a half ton of steel wrapped around them as they are so afraid of getting hit. It is a wonder they just dont sit in an airbag and ride down the freeway. SUVs were all a joke as they are simply a car slapped on a pickup frame giving the wimp driving it some false sensation of being in a tank. In reality the 7 passenger van is more safe than the fortress SUV.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    This has nothing to do with political crap. This is about a overgrown SUV that isn't selling. Hummers are in the same line of the yuppie SUV for nervous nellies who want a half ton of steel wrapped around them as they are so afraid of getting hit. It is a wonder they just dont sit in an airbag and ride down the freeway. SUVs were all a joke as they are simply a car slapped on a pickup frame giving the wimp driving it some false sensation of being in a tank. In reality the 7 passenger van is more safe than the fortress SUV.
    Hate to tell you this, but there's not a vehicle made that weighs "half a ton". Even the smallest cars weigh close to a ton.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #150
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: GM to shut down Hummer

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Hate to tell you this, but there's not a vehicle made that weighs "half a ton". Even the smallest cars weigh close to a ton.
    True, perhaps I should say half ton of steel per passenger.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •