Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your firsthand experience is just like all anecdotal evidence, nearly worthless.
    Right. When we're discussing the attitude of a specific group within the military, a person who was actually in that group for over three years has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the discussion....

    You do not know what most combat solders think, no matter what you claim.
    I never said I know what most combat soldiers think. What I do know, however, is what thousands of infantry Marines think about gay dudes.

    You can only really make claims about your own attitudes, and your biased(not an insult, we all bring biases with us) view of those around you.
    My only bias is towards the truth. Gays serving openly in my unit would have caused numerous problems. Apparently, that doesn't matter to you...

    In this, my agenda is not political. It is about doing what is right, and what is best for the military. Frame that however you want, but that is the reason why I believe as I do.
    BS. If you were interested in doing what's best for the military you would listen to the infantrymen and combat veterans who have given their opinion on the topic. Instead, you ignore us and pretend like our objections are worthless.

  2. #732
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Sadly, this is not true either. The night a ship pulled out was party night at the E-club, where the guys went to hook up with the wives of deployed men. It was thankfully a fairly small percentage that where actually out to get picked up, by still far too large.
    I am sorry you have so little respect for Navy Wives......Remember for every woman you see in those parties there are 10 staying home manning the homefront and taking care of their family....

    Shame on you for painting all wives with the same brush....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #733
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Right. When we're discussing the attitude of a specific group within the military, a person who was actually in that group for over three years has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the discussion....
    Anecdotal evidence is always suspect. When I use my experiences, I try and mention that(though I don't too often). You can use a collection of anecdotes to draw a picture, but no one person has enough vision to see beyond their immediate surroundings.

    I never said I know what most combat soldiers think. What I do know, however, is what thousands of infantry Marines think about gay dudes.
    But you do not know what most think. You are speculating at best, based on your views and perceptions.

    My only bias is towards the truth. Gays serving openly in my unit would have caused numerous problems. Apparently, that doesn't matter to you...
    You are alive, you are human, you have biases. That's not a fault, that is just the way it is. I would never claim to not be biased, don't try and fool me into thinking you do not have them as well. I am not saying you are biased against gays(I have no way of knowing), but you are very much biased against gays in combat units.

    BS. If you were interested in doing what's best for the military you would listen to the infantrymen and combat veterans who have given their opinion on the topic. Instead, you ignore us and pretend like our objections are worthless.
    I listen to every one(including you). I personally believe, based on the available evidence, that it is doable without sacrificing the ability of the military to perform it's mission. I base that on a number of things. I do not claim it will be painless, but I doubt it will be very painful, with most of the problems in commands with weak commanders. Strong leadership creates better military units, better cohesion, better teamwork, and problems like what are going to happen don't last long.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #734
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am sorry you have so little respect for Navy Wives......Remember for every woman you see in those parties there are 10 staying home manning the homefront and taking care of their family....

    Shame on you for painting all wives with the same brush....
    Navy, what does "fairly small percentage" mean? Are you denying that the E-Club is busy the night a ship pulls out? I am basing this on what I saw, if you saw different things, speak up, I am interested.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #735
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Once again, "the military" is a generic term that has no relevance to my argument. I'm talking specifically about infantry units.
    And you think this is a sufficient reason to keep DADT?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  6. #736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    And you think this is a sufficient reason to keep DADT?
    Like I said, it should be left up to unit commanders; DADT does not allow this kind of discretion; it is effectively a zero tolerance policy; instead, we should leave it up to the experts, that is, the military.

  7. #737
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Like I said, it should be left up to unit commanders; DADT does not allow this kind of discretion; it is effectively a zero tolerance policy; instead, we should leave it up to the experts, that is, the military.
    The military is now expert in homosexuality?

  8. #738
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The military is now expert in homosexuality?
    You mean experts in anti-gay policies and gay bashing right?
    PeteEU

  9. #739
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You mean experts in anti-gay policies and gay bashing right?

    Amazing how far military intelligence has come ain't it?

  10. #740
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Post anything you like, but the fact still remains, that Article 125 is the law that bans gays from serving the in the military. Case closed.
    So how are females who are gay automatically guilty? Just because a woman is gay, doesn't mean she is committing or receiving oral. And I did know a girl who was discharged for being gay. She turned herself in. According to her, all she had to do was sign a paper that said she was gay, not that she had actually ever participated in any violation of Article 125.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •