Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #721
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Then your opinion is irrelevant. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh my feelings. i wish I was a real soldier like you.

    How does anything make my first hand experience of the exact topic at hand less relevant?

    Recanting the reactions of the soldiers around me is not irrelevant to the thread, in fact it is more relevant than your opinion. And trust me, yours is an opinion, not a fact that soldiers are homophobic.

    Your belief that soldiers are homophobic is a cultural assumption you established through a void of never having addressing homosexuality during the time of your service. Not that you would have to or need to.

    Let's just say that they're not too fond of the gays.
    And you were the smart guy polling them? Wheres the data behind your assumption?

    73% of respondents said that they felt comfortable in the presence of gay and lesbian personnel
    Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Wow... look at that... the entire argument your making has nothing to do with reality and is just a manifestation of your psyche. SURPRISE.

    Your opinion was irrelevant. Thanks for sharing.

  2. #722
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They can go anywhere as long as they don't repeal DADT.....
    Dude, they are going to repeal it. Get over it. Even the top combat commander supports repealing the ban. Most of the country wants it done away with. It is now inevitable that it will be repealed. There will be no Prop 8 to save your precious discriminatory military policy.

  3. #723
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Even the top combat commander supports repealing the ban.
    Yet the top Army and Air Force commanders do not.

  4. #724
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Oh my feelings. i wish I was a real soldier like you.

    How does anything make my first hand experience of the exact topic at hand less relevant?

    Recanting the reactions of the soldiers around me is not irrelevant to the thread, in fact it is more relevant than your opinion. And trust me, yours is an opinion, not a fact that soldiers are homophobic.

    Your belief that soldiers are homophobic is a cultural assumption you established through a void of never having addressing homosexuality during the time of your service. Not that you would have to or need to.
    I'm not talking about "soldiers". I'm talking about grunts (I used to be one).

    And since you can't even remember what unit you were in, and lied about being a homosexual to get out of the military, I can safely assume that you know nothing about grunts and their feelings towards gay dudes.

    And you were the smart guy polling them? Wheres the data behind your assumption?
    I was in the infantry for three and three quarters years. I interacted with thousands of infantry Marines in that time frame. Lots of them don't like gay dudes. I'm not sure why this is so surprising.

    Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Wow... look at that... the entire argument your making has nothing to do with reality and is just a manifestation of your psyche. SURPRISE.

    Your opinion was irrelevant. Thanks for sharing.
    Once again, "the military" is a generic term that has no relevance to my argument. I'm talking specifically about infantry units.

  5. #725
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yet the top Army and Air Force commanders do not.
    The Air Force General is waiting for more data.

    The only one that has openly opposed it is the Army General.

    And frankly, I value the opinion of the top combat commander over a couple pencil pushing generals.

  6. #726
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,302
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Except it's not what's right for combat units, as has been said a million times already.
    There is a technical term for posts like the above. That term is "opinion". You can repeat it over and over again, and it will still be nothing more than an opinion. Saying it a million times does not make it any more than an opinion. Feel free though, say it a million more times.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #727
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,302
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When I say stay home I mean they are not out partying in the bars when their husbands are gone...........
    Sadly, this is not true either. The night a ship pulled out was party night at the E-club, where the guys went to hook up with the wives of deployed men. It was thankfully a fairly small percentage that where actually out to get picked up, by still far too large.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #728
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    And frankly, I value the opinion of the top combat commander over a couple pencil pushing generals.


    Your ignorance of the military is astounding. You think the two Generals cited in this article are paper-pushers, but Admiral Mullen, well, he's just a salty old dog...

    I got news for you, chief. Admiral Mullen is a paper-pusher, too; at least, according to your stupid ass definition.

  9. #729
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is a technical term for posts like the above. That term is "opinion". You can repeat it over and over again, and it will still be nothing more than an opinion. Saying it a million times does not make it any more than an opinion. Feel free though, say it a million more times.
    Of course it's an opinion but, unlike your opinion, it's one based off of years of firsthand experience in an infantry unit. I'm sorry if my firsthand experience undermines your political agenda, but I won't apologize for speaking the truth, no matter how much it upsets you...

  10. #730
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,302
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Of course it's an opinion but, unlike your opinion, it's one based off of years of firsthand experience in an infantry unit. I'm sorry if my firsthand experience undermines your political agenda, but I won't apologize for speaking the truth, no matter how much it upsets you...
    Your firsthand experience is just like all anecdotal evidence, nearly worthless. You do not know what most combat solders think, no matter what you claim. You can only really make claims about your own attitudes, and your biased(not an insult, we all bring biases with us) view of those around you.

    In this, my agenda is not political. It is about doing what is right, and what is best for the military. Frame that however you want, but that is the reason why I believe as I do.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •