Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #711
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He's probably read enough of your posts to go blind, and has obtained a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Masturbation can make you go blind, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Has your seeing eye dog arrived yet?
    Moderator's Warning:
    2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay PolicyThere have been plenty of warnings in this thread. You both can play elsewhere. Thread ban.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I can't remember because I was bipolar with lots of schizo-effective features that developed after I got in.
    Then your opinion is irrelevant. Thanks for sharing.

  3. #713
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why do Liberals call us homophobes because we have a difference of opinion? and you say we are the intolerant ones.....I don't understand.........
    No, it was because Ethereal had used the term "homophobic" to describe combat units. Please follow along...
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  4. #714
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Because the majority of grunts are crazy alpha males who want to kill people.
    I'm not even going to argue against that. But is that the reason to uphold DADT? Is that it?

    There's plenty of other places that homosexuals can go to serve the military other than combat troops. Is this not true?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    No, it was because Ethereal had used the term "homophobic" to describe combat units. Please follow along...
    Let's just say that they're not too fond of the gays.

  6. #716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    I'm not even going to argue against that. But is that the reason to uphold DADT? Is that it?
    That's my reason to uphold DADT. I can't speak for anyone else.

    There's plenty of other places that homosexuals can go to serve the military other than combat troops. Is this not true?
    They can serve in combat units if they want. They just can't admit that they're gay.

    Anyway, I'd like to leave discretion up to the commanders. If a gay dude isn't causing the unit any problems then there's no need to process him out. The current law does not allow for such discretion.

  7. #717
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    [QUOTE=Lightdemon;1058592542]I'm not even going to argue against that. But is that the reason to uphold DADT? Is that it?

    There's plenty of other places that homosexuals can go to serve the military other than combat troops. Is this not true?[/QUOTE]

    Not aboard a Navy ship........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #718
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Not aboard a Navy ship........
    Are you always in a combat unit in the navy? You don't have personnel that are medics? You don't have personnel that are dedicated to commuciations?

    Are you saying that combat units is the only place homosexuals can go if they join the military? Really??
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  9. #719
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    That's my reason to uphold DADT. I can't speak for anyone else.
    It doesn't seem a little trivial to you? I mean it's something that can end a persons's military career. You don't think there's something wrong with that?

    They can serve in combat units if they want. They just can't admit that they're gay.
    I don't understand the difference. Really I don't. Men who are in these combat units are probably serving with someone who is gay, but they don't know about it. It doesn't bother them UNTIL they find out that they're gay. And even then, that doesn't mean squat. That doesn't mean that the gay guy is going to hit on them, it doesn't mean that they're having naughty thoughts about them, it doesn't mean that they're going to climb in your bunk one night and do a dirty sanchez on you.

    Personally, I like to believe that our military personnel can act professional about this. If they can't, then it should be up to the military to discipline these people. Same measures were taken during integration with African Americans, and it seems to have turned out fine.

    Anyway, I'd like to leave discretion up to the commanders. If a gay dude isn't causing the unit any problems then there's no need to process him out. The current law does not allow for such discretion.
    Because a blanket ban for gays is wrong, in more than one ways apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #720
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Are you always in a combat unit in the navy? You don't have personnel that are medics? You don't have personnel that are dedicated to commuciations?

    Are you saying that combat units is the only place homosexuals can go if they join the military? Really??
    They can go anywhere as long as they don't repeal DADT.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •