Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #651
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're so far off base, that there's no use in talking to you about it anymore.

    Educate yourself

    dadt article 125 - Yahoo! Search Results
    Educate yourself:

    Servicemembers Legal Defense Network

    Somewhat more useful than a yahoo search.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You do recognize that this statement is somewhat hypocritical, Ethereal. Just saying.
    Why is that? Not that I don't believe you (I'm not perfect), but I don't see how it's hypocritical...

  3. #653
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Why is that? Not that I don't believe you (I'm not perfect), but I don't see how it's hypocritical...
    You didn't smoke in the military because it was against the rules. The military didn't allow it, so you followed the rules.

    Replace the word "military" with the words "United States".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #654
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You didn't smoke in the military because it was against the rules. The military didn't allow it, so you followed the rules.

    Replace the word "military" with the words "United States".
    Why would I replace "military" with "United States" when the two are so obviously different? Are you saying military rules and regulations are the equivalent of laws? If so, I must disagree.

  5. #655
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Why would I replace "military" with "United States" when the two are so obviously different? Are you saying military rules and regulations are the equivalent of laws? If so, I must disagree.
    Yup, that's what I'm saying. How are they not?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #656
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Educate yourself:

    Servicemembers Legal Defense Network

    Somewhat more useful than a yahoo search.
    Post anything you like, but the fact still remains, that Article 125 is the law that bans gays from serving the in the military. Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #657
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Unless society is ready to face the fact that being a homosexual is nothing more that a life style choice and goes against nature and is perversion the whole subject is a waste of time and effort.

    NAMBLA will be next to declare that it's not their fault they were born to molest little boys just like some Mormon Sect's believe it's okay to force 12 year old girls to marry dirty old men.

    With enough pressure the Liberals will say we are haters and intolerant for saying no to all child molesters, because they can't help it because it's the result of some mystery gene that does not even exist, like the claims the homosexuals have falsely claimed in the past.
    Councilman, you are so shameless
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yup, that's what I'm saying. How are they not?
    If you cannot see the difference between the military and a free society then I suppose this discussion has nowhere to go.

  9. #659
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    If you cannot see the difference between the military and a free society then I suppose this discussion has nowhere to go.
    Both have rules that need to be followed. Both have consequences if you break those rules. Of course there are differences inside those structures, but the basics are the same.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #660
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Both have rules that need to be followed.
    That's where you're wrong. Drug laws do not need to be followed; there is no social "objective" I'm endangering by deviating from the law; that's not true of the military. The rules and regulations which exist in the military serve a distinct purpose, that is, sustaining unit cohesiveness and combat effectiveness. Moreover, I willingly consented to abide by the rules and regulations of the military, this is not true of drug laws.

    Furthermore, Federal drug laws are unconstitutional and thus unlawful. They are an abridgment of my inalienable rights, therefore, I am under no obligation to follow them, nor have I consented to be governed by them, as I did in the military.

    So, you can think me a hypocrite if you like, but I won't lose any sleep over it...

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •