Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #571
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,634
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wouldn't you think that two people of the same sex would be proof enough that they are gay? C'mon, let's start using some common sense, here.

    They're going to consumate the marriage, right?
    Gay relationships encompass a fair range of sexual activities, not all of which constitute sodomy. It is entirely possible to have a gay relationship which does not encompass sodomy, and in fact these relationships are not uncommon.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #572
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,945

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gay relationships encompass a fair range of sexual activities, not all of which constitute sodomy. It is entirely possible to have a gay relationship which does not encompass sodomy, and in fact these relationships are not uncommon.
    Short of kissing, there's no sexual activity that gays can engage in that isn't sodomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #573
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-19-18 @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Short of kissing, there's no sexual activity that gays can engage in that isn't sodomy.
    Frotting, oral sex, mutual masturbation, sex toys, etc.

    Or were you going for the Biblical definition of "sodomy"?

  4. #574
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,842

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, there ya go! It all makes sense when combined with relaity. Yes?
    Huh???

    Not sure what the heck this means.

    You said earlier that they had to actually commit sodomy, attempt to commit sodomy, or admit to being gay. My article showed that you are wrong. If a gay guy was seen on a date, at a public movie theater, by someone his chain of command, and he was just holding hands with the guy, then he could be discharged, whether they had or planned on having sex at all. This is highly unfair, since a hetero couple can do the exact same thing without worrying about getting discharged for it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #575
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,634
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Short of kissing, there's no sexual activity that gays can engage in that isn't sodomy.
    This is false. According to article 125, penetration is required. Mutual masturbation is not sodomy as defined by the UCMJ.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  6. #576
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,634
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Frotting, oral sex, mutual masturbation, sex toys, etc.

    Or were you going for the Biblical definition of "sodomy"?
    Heh, you beat me to it with a more complete answer. I will admit, I had to look up "frotting". You just can never predict what you will today, but every day I do learn something new.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #577
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,634
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Huh???

    Not sure what the heck this means.

    You said earlier that they had to actually commit sodomy, attempt to commit sodomy, or admit to being gay. My article showed that you are wrong. If a gay guy was seen on a date, at a public movie theater, by someone his chain of command, and he was just holding hands with the guy, then he could be discharged, whether they had or planned on having sex at all. This is highly unfair, since a hetero couple can do the exact same thing without worrying about getting discharged for it.
    Carrier navy thinks alike. And between us we have more military experience than apdst. Actually, you may have more experience than him and I together by yourself.

    Remember though...brownshoe > blackshoe
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  8. #578
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,945

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Frotting, oral sex, mutual masturbation, sex toys, etc.

    Or were you going for the Biblical definition of "sodomy"?
    Take some time to read Article 125 of the UCMJ and you'll learn--much to your amazement I'm sure--that oral sex is considered sodomy.

    Let me educate you:

    ď(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient
    to complete the offense.

    (b) [/b]Any person found guilty of sodomy shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.[/b]Ē

    Elements.

    (1) That the accused engaged in unnatural carnal copulation with a certain other person or with an animal. (Note: Add either or both of the following elements, if applicable)

    (2) That the act was done with a child under the age of 16.

    (3) That the act was done by force and without the consent of the other person.

    Explanation.

    It is unnatural carnal copulation for a person to take into that personís mouth or anus [/b]the sexual organ of another person[/b] or of an animal; or to place that personís sexual organ in the mouth or anus of another person or of an animal; or to have carnal copulation in any opening of the body, except the sexual parts, with another person; or to have carnal copulation with an animal.
    The actual law totally kills your argument.

    I must post a correction: I posted Article 134 as the article that forbids sodomy, but it is Article 125.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #579
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,634
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    In all that bolding, you did not manage the note the part that is key:

    Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.
    Penetration is required.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  10. #580
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,945

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Carrier navy thinks alike. And between us we have more military experience than apdst. Actually, you may have more experience than him and I together by yourself.

    Remember though...brownshoe > blackshoe
    How long were you in the Navy?

    You may have more cobined time in service, but not more combined knowledge, because you obviously don't know what the UCMJ actually says.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •