Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #541
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    DADT discharges are not generally for sodomy.
    Technically they are, because Article 134 is what supports the ban on gays in the military.

    If sodomy wasn't a crime, there probably wouldn't be any precedence for a ban on gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #542
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat? Whats to study? You mean there MIGHT actually be problems???

    Then why the hell didnt you just admit that...say that...90 posts ago instead of arguing that its silly to think there would be?
    No, it's about making the process as smooth as possible. The people doing the study on how to change the rules just met last week(I think, maybe week before) for the first time, and are looking at how to make the changes in the best way.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #543
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Technically they are, because Article 134 is what supports the ban on gays in the military.

    If sodomy wasn't a crime, there probably wouldn't be any precedence for a ban on gays.
    And you are wrong. Please read the document I linked earlier in this thread for all the information and more on this subject.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #544
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you are wrong. Please read the document I linked earlier in this thread for all the information and more on this subject.
    I'm not wrong. Google, "Article 134 DADT", and see what you come up with.

    Have you ever even read Article 134?

    The only way that DADT will be able to be repealed is to either ignore Article 134, as it applies to homosexuals, or to abolish it all together. I don't see how they're going to be able to do either of those.

    Link your doc please, this 'puter is slower than Christmas.
    Last edited by apdst; 02-27-10 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #545
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    This is how I keep myself from ranting to my husband about all the injustices I see during a day. Like I told him the other night, I know what the reality of the world is, and that I can't change it by myself, but the more people who hear (see) what I want changed and how, the better the chances of getting it changed. If people don't know what you want to change, chances are it will never happen.

    Gays openly in the military is a big issue to me because I had a good friend put out because of military policies toward gays. And I hate things that aren't fair.
    We have on this board two I think gays who served in the military. One was a nuke in the navy. Interestingly(at least to me), both are very conservative.

    Of course the problem is that some see them as gays, instead of as people who served their country. People use labels so they can distance themselves from what is actually happening. Gays are scary, though most gay people are not when you actually get to know them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #546
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We have on this board two I think gays who served in the military. One was a nuke in the navy. Interestingly(at least to me), both are very conservative.

    Of course the problem is that some see them as gays, instead of as people who served their country. People use labels so they can distance themselves from what is actually happening. Gays are scary, though most gay people are not when you actually get to know them.
    oh lawd, here we go with the homophobe line of bull****, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #547
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    oh lawd, here we go with the homophobe line of bull****, again.
    How come every conservative has a gay friend?

    Just an observation on my part.

    Do you have a gay friend?

  8. #548
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not wrong. Google, "Article 134 DADT", and see what you come up with.

    Have you ever even read Article 134?

    The only way that DADT will be able to be repealed is to either ignore Article 134, as it applies to homosexuals, or to abolish it all together. I don't see how they're going to be able to do either of those.

    Link your doc please, this 'puter is slower than Christmas.
    Have you ever read the DADT policy? Are you aware of the types of discharges you get for violating DADT policy? Are you aware that being gay does not necessarily mean committing sodomy? Are you aware that you can be celibate and still discharged under DADT?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, it's about making the process as smooth as possible. The people doing the study on how to change the rules just met last week(I think, maybe week before) for the first time, and are looking at how to make the changes in the best way.
    First they have to determine if the change will benefit the military

  10. #550
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    oh lawd, here we go with the homophobe line of bull****, again.
    oh lawd, here we go with misrepresenting what is said line of bull****, again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •