Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #481
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The military has been tested for HIV/AIDS regularly since before I joined in 87. You are factually incorrect.
    I served 20 years...deployed over 40 times, 7 times to the middle east. I never took an HIV/AIDS test. Do they test some people? probably...sure...but fdo they test all? No...not unless something has radically changed since 2003.

  2. #482
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The military has been tested for HIV/AIDS regularly since before I joined in 87. You are factually incorrect.
    You again skirted the very direct question...WHY are homosexuals not allowed to donate blood in the civilian world?

  3. #483
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Dont be obtuse. In no way did I imply it would be wrong for gays to join to take advantage of the benefits offered. In point of fact I stated it was a legitimate reason for anyone to join. Its a strawman and a VERY weak tactic.
    Then what was the point of you bringing that point up?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  4. #484
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Military: HIV Tests Every Two Years

    May 25, 2004
    Under a new Department of Defense policy implemented in late March, members of the U.S. military must be tested for HIV every two years. While the military began HIV testing of service members in the mid-1980s, military branches varied in their frequency of testing, according to the Pentagon news service. Testing every two years would allow the military to administer anti-viral drugs to infected service personnel prior to the onset of illnesses associated with the infection. Service members infected with HIV are not automatically discharged; they may continue to serve. The military reports that its infection rate -- about two new infections for every 10,000 service members annually -- is equal to or lower than the rate for the general population of the same ages and genders.

  5. #485
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Then what was the point of you bringing that point up?
    The discussion at the time was what might motivate a very flamboyant (translate 'flaming') homosexual to join the military. I cited possible reasons.

    Unlike most people that tap dance around the issues and throw out feel good ideas about the subject I will simply be very direct.

  6. #486
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The discussion at the time was what might motivate a very flamboyant (translate 'flaming') homosexual to join the military. I cited possible reasons.

    Unlike most people that tap dance around the issues and throw out feel good ideas about the subject I will simply be very direct.
    And so what if that flamboyant homosexual joins the military?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  7. #487
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You again skirted the very direct question...WHY are homosexuals not allowed to donate blood in the civilian world?
    Discrimination, perhaps?

    The fact that heterosexuals can contract HIV/AIDS with their "life styles" and can still donate freely, is very discriminatory against gays.

    Begin gay doesn't make you more prone to HIV/AIDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  8. #488
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    And so what if that flamboyant homosexual joins the military?
    Go back and reread it if you actually care.

  9. #489
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    And so what if that flamboyant homosexual joins the military?

    He/she needs to be trained an educated in how to conduct his/herself like a soldier and that it would be very unprofessional to throw his/her sexual orientation in everyone's face, because ultimately, no one gives a rat's ass. And he/she should also be informed that throwing his/her sexuality in another soldier's face could be considered sexual harassment and thereby punishable under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice and the DoD's policy against sexual harassment. Most importantly, he/she will be required to meet the same standards as any other soldier, so therfore the, "They're being mean to me because I'm gay", cry-baby **** isn't going to fly.

    It's the reason I believe that even if the restriction on gays in the military is lifted, DADT should remain in place for everybody's protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #490
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Discrimination, perhaps?

    The fact that heterosexuals can contract HIV/AIDS with their "life styles" and can still donate freely, is very discriminatory against gays.

    Begin gay doesn't make you more prone to HIV/AIDS.
    Might have something with an estimated 5% of the US population comprising somewhere around 87% of the victims right up until about the year 2000?

    Might have something to do with the gay lifdestyle making them extremely susceptable to HIV?

    But you cant (wont) see why that might be one of the problems with eliminating DADT.

Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •