Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #461
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Civilians and the military are different..........Things are much tougher in the military......I personally don't think there is no requirement our military can't handle, social experimenting withstanding, ........

    Just cool it when you call people out that you don't even know......Like I said I am not the only one you have done it to............
    Things are tougher in the military, no doubt. Thankfully, our military people are up to those challenges. Raising a family amongst deployments and detachments is a challenge many civilians could not handle(and sadly some military spouses discover they cannot either). That is tough. Dealing with a gay guy/gal is not tough. In fact, it's trivial.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Things are tougher in the military, no doubt. Thankfully, our military people are up to those challenges. Raising a family amongst deployments and detachments is a challenge many civilians could not handle(and sadly some military spouses discover they cannot either). That is tough. Dealing with a gay guy/gal is not tough. In fact, it's trivial.
    Only in the mind of a "feel Good Liberal" who can go home at night and look in the mirrror and say to her/him self.....Gee I am a great and wonderful person...I do some much good for my fellow man.......I am so understanding of their plight, never once thinking about the consequences and the people that type of thinking affects..........

    Sad
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #463
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I cannot believe I missed this. In amongst all the misrepresentations of gays, this little gem. Thanks aps for catching this.

    We allow strait people to join based on taking advantage of the educational and healthcare opportunities, why would gays be any different. Hell, we advertise the educational opportunities afforded by the military. Why is it somehow now bad if gays get in on the GI bill?

    Come on folks, lets try and use some logic here...
    I understand WHY you missed it.

    I would totally understand the individual hoping for education benefits. I realize that many servicemen join for just this reason. Hell...I made the point.

    It was one of several. I have no problem listing the points and not talking kneejerk rhetoric. The question was asked what would some of the obstacles/problems be. Plain and simple...if you arent smart enough to see how a flamboyant homosexual in the military that joined to take advantage of those benefits might present a command problem...you simply arent smart enough to continue this conversation. But...I dont think thats the problem. Its not that you CANT get it...its that you REFUSE to see any point that might be counter to what you WANT.

    I work with several very skilled, very professional therapists that happen to be gay and that DESPISE the flamboyant 'sissy' queeer. I can tell you that a good number of soldiers would more than despise that type of a person. I can tell you with certainty it would be a problem. it would impact good order and discipline. We are seeing more generals that ARENT politically driven that are now speaking up. So...you dont have to take my word for it...heck...I dont expect you to. Im simply telling you thjat from my 47 years of involvement with the military community, ending the DADT policy will be at the very least disruptive to our fighting force. The Commandant of the Marine Corps ageree. but of course...you know better.

    I dont dance and Im not exactly a fan of 'tact'. These are REAL issues that would present REAL problems. Like it or not...I dont care. Im simply speaking truth.

  4. #464
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Things are tougher in the military, no doubt. Thankfully, our military people are up to those challenges. Raising a family amongst deployments and detachments is a challenge many civilians could not handle(and sadly some military spouses discover they cannot either). That is tough. Dealing with a gay guy/gal is not tough. In fact, it's trivial.
    Yes...Im sure from your vast amount of experience you know this.

  5. #465
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I understand WHY you missed it.

    I would totally understand the individual hoping for education benefits. I realize that many servicemen join for just this reason. Hell...I made the point.

    It was one of several. I have no problem listing the points and not talking kneejerk rhetoric. The question was asked what would some of the obstacles/problems be. Plain and simple...if you arent smart enough to see how a flamboyant homosexual in the military that joined to take advantage of those benefits might present a command problem...you simply arent smart enough to continue this conversation. But...I dont think thats the problem. Its not that you CANT get it...its that you REFUSE to see any point that might be counter to what you WANT.

    I work with several very skilled, very professional therapists that happen to be gay and that DESPISE the flamboyant 'sissy' queeer. I can tell you that a good number of soldiers would more than despise that type of a person. I can tell you with certainty it would be a problem. it would impact good order and discipline. We are seeing more generals that ARENT politically driven that are now speaking up. So...you dont have to take my word for it...heck...I dont expect you to. Im simply telling you thjat from my 47 years of involvement with the military community, ending the DADT policy will be at the very least disruptive to our fighting force. The Commandant of the Marine Corps ageree. but of course...you know better.

    I dont dance and Im not exactly a fan of 'tact'. These are REAL issues that would present REAL problems. Like it or not...I dont care. Im simply speaking truth.
    Flamboyant homosexuals are in the military now. Most are just responsible enough to keep that part of their life private.

    You must not have a lot of faith in the men and women serving if you actually believe that repealing DADT will truly cause such a large problem in the military. Luckily I have more. I've seen all the chiefs and officers, and most of the jr. enlisted of a department work very hard fighting to try to keep two highly intelligent and motivated sailors in the Navy. They actually had several boards among the upper chain of command to discuss whether or not to discharge them. Unfortunately, the circumstances behind the discovery of them being gay was too much against them. Most of the department was sad to see them go. Everyone knew one of them was gay, he didn't really hide it. It just wasn't a big deal. The only other person I knew that got out for being gay was a girl who turned herself in. We did have more in my department and in other departments on the ship, but it just wasn't a big deal.

    For the most part, I found that most of the sailors I've ever worked with don't really care if gays can serve openly or not. Now, I can't really speak for the other branches, but my husband was a Marine, and he says he could care less. He knew of at least one gay guy in his unit, but it really wasn't a big deal. According to him, as long as they can do their job and aren't trying to use the fact that they are gay to get some special privilege, then it doesn't matter to him.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #466
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if these two generals turned out to be gay?
    Reminds me of what happened at Exodous International. Exodous International is an organization that claims that through Christian-based reparative therapy, they can help homosexuals to not act as homosexuals, but act as heterosexuals. Two of their founders and strong proponents, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, suddenly disappeared from the organization in 1979. When they were located, it was discovered that they had run off together to have a "life-committment" ceremony. By 2007, several other founding members had done something similar. I suppose they discovered that their organization had no credibility based on their own feelings and behaviors.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #467
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Reminds me of what happened at Exodous International. Exodous International is an organization that claims that through Christian-based reparative therapy, they can help homosexuals to not act as homosexuals, but act as heterosexuals. Two of their founders and strong proponents, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, suddenly disappeared from the organization in 1979. When they were located, it was discovered that they had run off together to have a "life-committment" ceremony. By 2007, several other founding members had done something similar. I suppose they discovered that their organization had no credibility based on their own feelings and behaviors.
    My dad had some friends when I was growing up that tried exodus. Now one of them is a Minister at one of the biggest gay church's here in Dallas and the other is living life as a happy gay Christian.

  8. #468
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    My dad had some friends when I was growing up that tried exodus. Now one of them is a Minister at one of the biggest gay church's here in Dallas and the other is living life as a happy gay Christian.
    Exodous International is laughable. More of their leaders/followers have gone on to apologize for that organization and to live their life, happily, as a homosexual, than I could shake a stick at. Just more evidence that reparative/conversion therapy is an unethical joke.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #469
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisbowmen View Post
    I joined to post on this subject.

    I have not served but my Boyfriend has spent 12 years in the military.(I actually signed up here with his information so he might post later) Anyways I have talked to him about this and I agree with what he has to say.


    I agree with him that if people who are openly gay can serve then women and men can all live with each other. All showers, bath rooms, training rooms, etc can be used by anyone at any time.If a man wants to take a shower he can go right in and shower with all the women, anytime he wants to. There should be no signs anywhere pointing out that we have two sexes. All signs should be "humans shower here" etc.

    Why would it be ok that women have a problem with showering with men but straight men cant have a problem with showering with gay men. I know my boyfriend would LOVE to shower with some of the women he works with. I would NOT like it at all!

    If sexual orientation should not be a factor for gay folks then there should be no factor on anyones sex at all. I agree, now, after he explained himself to me that it would be rough to shower with a guy you just heard talking about his boyfriend and his ripped abs if I were a man.

    To me this makes alot of sense, maybe to you it doesn't but it seems to be why my boyfriend and his buddies are not for this at all.

    If I don't make alot of sense I'm sorry, I got woke up by the dogs and couldn't go back to sleep, I'm still a bit groggy.
    Thanks for taking the time to write a really thoughtful post. It's very much appreciated.

    But allow me to make a comment...

    Right now, your boyfriend may be showering with some gay service men and not know it. And not knowing it, it doesn't bother him at all, does it? So what's the difference really? That being aware of it makes any sort of difference?

    It's a psychological phobia, really. If DADT was repealed, he'll still might be showering with those same people, but all of a sudden he feels uncomfortable about it? That doesn't make sense right?

    When you get right down to it, it's really just homophobia.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #470
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I understand WHY you missed it.

    I would totally understand the individual hoping for education benefits. I realize that many servicemen join for just this reason. Hell...I made the point.

    It was one of several. I have no problem listing the points and not talking kneejerk rhetoric. The question was asked what would some of the obstacles/problems be. Plain and simple...if you arent smart enough to see how a flamboyant homosexual in the military that joined to take advantage of those benefits might present a command problem...you simply arent smart enough to continue this conversation. But...I dont think thats the problem. Its not that you CANT get it...its that you REFUSE to see any point that might be counter to what you WANT.

    I work with several very skilled, very professional therapists that happen to be gay and that DESPISE the flamboyant 'sissy' queeer. I can tell you that a good number of soldiers would more than despise that type of a person. I can tell you with certainty it would be a problem. it would impact good order and discipline. We are seeing more generals that ARENT politically driven that are now speaking up. So...you dont have to take my word for it...heck...I dont expect you to. Im simply telling you thjat from my 47 years of involvement with the military community, ending the DADT policy will be at the very least disruptive to our fighting force. The Commandant of the Marine Corps ageree. but of course...you know better.

    I dont dance and Im not exactly a fan of 'tact'. These are REAL issues that would present REAL problems. Like it or not...I dont care. Im simply speaking truth.
    So tell me please, what difference is there between a flamboyant gay joining for benefits, and a macho strait guy? Why is it ok for one to do so, but not the other? The problem with your comments is that it assumes that somehow flamboyant gays are somehow corrupt and taking advantage, while the strait is not.

    Oh, by the way, I am a vet, I do have some experience with what I am talking about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •