Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #281
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) For accuracy. You made an incorrect assumption, I corrected it.

    2) being gay is not sexual deviancy.
    Really? Slot a fits tab B and produces humanity, posterity, life. Anything else is a deviation. And every other practitioner of deviant behaviors believes witht he same fervor that they are what they are...made by God, or some other influence, but totallly natural to them.

    And personally? I dont care. Two consenting adults can stick whatever they want, wherever they want, however they want. I couldnt care less. Doesnt make it right. But hopefully it makes them happy.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    I can not depend on a soldier that disobeys orders he knew about before he joined.
    In the army in the 70's? Did you trust anyone?

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Because you cannot depend on a soldier when you know he is a homosexual?
    You show you have nothing when you have to take what I say out of context.

  4. #284
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I can not depend on a soldier that disobeys orders he knew about before he joined.
    Even if that particular policy provides no benefit, nor reason to follow it?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    What spin? Your concern was gay people not following orders...that was YOUR point.

    If DADT was repealed, you'll have no problems because there wont be any orders to be disobeyed, right? I don't understand, why do you want to keep DADT?
    Will that make them any less rebellious against authority?

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Yes it is a slippery slope. And I'll tell you what a cop out is - saying, "People that have served know what I am talking about" as if it proves your point or something. That is a cop out.

    What is the problem with gays being in the military?
    Have you served?

  7. #287
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Have you served?
    I have. You are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    And what about those who are gay and ARE following DADT policy. What about them? Are they distrustful? How about repealing DADT for these honest gays?

    If they have obeyed and put the military above their sexual orientation they are trustworty. You are trying to twist what I have said.

    How about allowing gay people to be in the military. That's a benefit, isn't it?
    How about allowing Americans to serve their country regardless of sexual orientation? That's a benefit, isn't it?
    Gays serve and do it as it should be done and are heroes.
    Now how about you give me a few benefits of keeping DADT?

    No you have not shown how repealing it would benefit the military.

  9. #289
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Will that make them any less rebellious against authority?
    C'mon on now...Your only problem is with the folks who are disobeying DADT. That's not a reason to keep DADT.

    There are plenty of gay folks in the military who are keeping sexuality to themselves, what of them? There are plenty of potential recruits who are gay that have yet to register with the service. What of them?

    Can you please explain why DADT is a good policy to keep? What is so important here?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    This will be a huge problem..........If gays are allowed to serve openly and they get into trouble over something that has nothing to do with their gayness the first thing they will say is the Petty Officer that put them on report is a homophobe and hates gays........

    Its just like in housing or a job..........Any gay that is refused housing or fired from a job even if they are a terrible worker will claim they were fired because they were gay..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •