Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Because you cannot depend on a soldier when you know he is a homosexual?

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    What I don't feel like addressing is the slippery sloped you offered as your argument to keep DADT. You think the gays will just disobey orders simply because they're gay. If that's your point, then it doesn't need addressing. You've already exposed your weak argument, you've done my work for me already.
    Not a slippery slope that is your cop out to not address the point I put forth. People that have served know what I am talking about.

  3. #273
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin to avoid all my questions and points.
    What spin? Your concern was gay people not following orders...that was YOUR point.

    If DADT was repealed, you'll have no problems because there wont be any orders to be disobeyed, right? I don't understand, why do you want to keep DADT?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  4. #274
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Not a slippery slope that is your cop out to not address the point I put forth. People that have served know what I am talking about.
    Yes it is a slippery slope. And I'll tell you what a cop out is - saying, "People that have served know what I am talking about" as if it proves your point or something. That is a cop out.

    What is the problem with gays being in the military?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Does your experience say that once a soldier disobeys an order, that is conclusive evidence that they will forever always disobey orders and cannot be trusted? Not only that soldier, but everyone else who is similar to that soldier? If a black guy disobeys and order, is that conclusive evidence that all black folks will disobey orders? I hope you realize how weak your argument is...

    Not to mention the fact that DADT doesn't really serve any benefit to the military, other than keeping gay folks out the military. Why shouldn't gay folks be in the military in the first place? Why should we keep DADT?
    When a persons lies to you do you trust them not to lie again?

    You still refuse answer how repealing it would benefit the military.

    Your point means nothing since DADT is in place

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Yes, I'm sure everyone is in mortal peril the whole time and any unit cohesion will be destroyed by homosexual officers living together on military bases. This isn't about foxhole confessions of homosexuality... this is about equal rights. Essentially your saying they must all obey DADT because of homophobes like you who are so disgusted they wouldn't be able to work with them. Thats all you really seem to be implying here. I'm sure all the other soldiers think just like you and would just 'fall apart' if they knew there was a homo in their midst. Except I met a flamer who acclimated just fine and only encountered 1 or 2 homophobes out of 40 men in the platoon while being out processed. They were a problem, because I knew of 2 other homosexuals in the platoon that were not out. Average would probably be 4.
    I served with a gay man I would trust with my life. The point is he never talked about being gay and worked hard to do his job to the best of his ability. This was in the 70's before DADT.

  7. #277
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    When a persons lies to you do you trust them not to lie again?
    And what about those who are gay and ARE following DADT policy. What about them? Are they distrustful? How about repealing DADT for these honest gays?

    You still refuse answer how repealing it would benefit the military.
    How about allowing gay people to be in the military. That's a benefit, isn't it?
    How about allowing Americans to serve their country regardless of sexual orientation? That's a benefit, isn't it?

    Now how about you give me a few benefits of keeping DADT?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    When a persons lies to you do you trust them not to lie again?
    Wait? So you tell them to lie... enforce a mandate for them to lie... then cant trust them because they lie. And still you let them serve in your army... but wont trust them because they are liars because you make them lie...

    You still refuse answer how repealing it would benefit the military.
    It would benefit the homosexuals that are part of the military. Are they any less a part of the military than you?

  9. #279
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I served with a gay man I would trust with my life. The point is he never talked about being gay and worked hard to do his job to the best of his ability. This was in the 70's before DADT.
    So why do you insist on keeping DADT? Obviously gay folks can serve in the military just as well as the rest of us, so why support a policy that keeps gay folks out of the military? Please, educate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Because you cannot depend on a soldier when you know he is a homosexual?
    I can not depend on a soldier that disobeys orders he knew about before he joined.

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •