Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 815

Thread: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    It appears you don't want to address what a soldier must do. People who have been in the military know the importance of discipline and obeying orders.

  2. #262
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It appears you don't want to address what a soldier must do. People who have been in the military know the importance of discipline and obeying orders.
    What I don't feel like addressing is the slippery sloped you offered as your argument to keep DADT. You think the gays will just disobey orders simply because they're gay. If that's your point, then it doesn't need addressing. You've already exposed your weak argument, you've done my work for me already.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    If they cannot live with unequal rights how can they be like the rest of us?

    Gays cant stay in shape?
    Gays cant keep up with changing procedures (oh wait, those are the phobes)
    Gays cant study for promotions test?
    Cant trust gays with military secrets so I guess all those gays serving in the government have to go too.
    Gays cant have discipline either. Yet their already serving and doing everything you say they cant.
    Great gawd.
    Nice spin and taking it out of context. Most gays do because they put orders of DADT above personal feelings. To be a soldier you must be committed to the unit beyond all else.

    If you can not obey DADT what else will you disobey. The lives of your whole unit depend on you following orders and having the discipline to carry out the orders.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Your points are based on the slippery slope fallacy. I don't need to dodge fallacies, they practically destroy their own points.
    My points are based on military life and knowing first hand what it means to be a soldier.

    It can not be taken lightly, to many depend on you.

  5. #265
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    My points are based on military life and knowing first hand what it means to be a soldier.

    It can not be taken lightly, to many depend on you.
    Does your experience say that once a soldier disobeys an order, that is conclusive evidence that they will forever always disobey orders and cannot be trusted? Not only that soldier, but everyone else who is similar to that soldier? If a black guy disobeys and order, is that conclusive evidence that all black folks will disobey orders? I hope you realize how weak your argument is...

    Not to mention the fact that DADT doesn't really serve any benefit to the military, other than keeping gay folks out the military. Why shouldn't gay folks be in the military in the first place? Why should we keep DADT?
    Last edited by Lightdemon; 02-26-10 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Wrong, people like you understand what you're talking about. There may happen to be many of them in the army. In which case they should scram and make space for the gay soldiers who probably have better moralistic reasoning...

    Seriously.... if you hate gays... how do we know you don't hate muslims, and might shoot a muslim baby, or rape a muslim woman? Thats always a risk with straight people. At least gay men don't rape women.
    It is not about hating gays. It is about people who sign a contract then disobeying the orders of the contract.

    People depend on them obeying orders. If they can not obey DADT then they can not be trusted to follow other orders that the lives of others in their unit may depend on.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    So like I said earlier, if DADT was repealed, they wouldn't be disobeying an order. What seems to be the problem here? Why are you clinging onto DADT? I don't understand why you want to the military to keep this policy.
    Nice spin to avoid all my questions and points.

  8. #268
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Does your experience say that once a soldier disobeys an order, that is conclusive evidence that they will forever always disobey orders and cannot be trusted?

    Not to mention the fact that DADT doesn't really serve any benefit to the military, other than keeping gay folks out the military. Why shouldn't gay folks be in the military in the first place? Why should we keep DADT?
    This is the problem when you're a johnny come lately into a thread. We were long past this talking about how the policy change would be accommodated. But if you weren't so arrogant you might have read the thread and known that. So why don't you back and answer your own questions yourself? Then come back here and discuss this with the grownups.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin and taking it out of context. Most gays do because they put orders of DADT above personal feelings. To be a soldier you must be committed to the unit beyond all else.

    If you can not obey DADT what else will you disobey. The lives of your whole unit depend on you following orders and having the discipline to carry out the orders.
    Yes, I'm sure everyone is in mortal peril the whole time and any unit cohesion will be destroyed by homosexual officers living together on military bases. This isn't about foxhole confessions of homosexuality... this is about equal rights. Essentially your saying they must all obey DADT because of homophobes like you who are so disgusted they wouldn't be able to work with them. Thats all you really seem to be implying here. I'm sure all the other soldiers think just like you and would just 'fall apart' if they knew there was a homo in their midst. Except I met a flamer who acclimated just fine and only encountered 1 or 2 homophobes out of 40 men in the platoon while being out processed. They were a problem, because I knew of 2 other homosexuals in the platoon that were not out. Average would probably be 4.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 2 Generals Wary About Repealing Gay Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Weakest argument evar. They wont have to disobey it if its not in effect, as of yet, they obey it just fine as there are countless already serving.
    It is not weak if you have been in the military and know how much each man depends on his fellow soldiers in his unit.

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •