Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #811
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Thanks, but it doesn't bother me.
    It does me. Service to country is service to country. This whole "my service was better than yours" is bull**** and does piss me off.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #812
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, one of those rules cannot be that she must take birth control.
    Yes, it CAN be. Just like one of the conditions is that she can't see the sun and she has to share sleeping quarters.

    How the hell would you enforce that, anyway?

    Ship's captain: "Take your birth control, sailor?"

    Female sailor: "Oh, yes sir!"
    IUD


    I already have, but I don't mind doing it again: You can't force a female service member to take birth control as a condition of service.
    That's proving nothing. Additionally, you're not forcing her to do anything. It's her choice. It's a condition of working in a certain environment. She chooses to accept it or not, her choice. All hers.

  3. #813
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You've done, so I thought you would be cool with it. Remember when you and Carrier Navy's experience outweighed mine, IOW, I must not know ****? recall when you said that? Which infantry unit did you serve in, BTW? I mean, since you know so much more than I.
    Actually, you are misrepresenting what was said. You did not think navy experience was as relevant, I pointed out it was.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #814
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Thank you for illustrating my point.
    What point?

  5. #815
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It does me. Service to country is service to country. This whole "my service was better than yours" is bull**** and does piss me off.
    It didn't stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #816
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yes, it CAN be. Just like one of the conditions is that she can't see the sun and she has to share sleeping quarters.


    IUD



    That's proving nothing. Additionally, you're not forcing her to do anything. It's her choice. It's a condition of working in a certain environment. She chooses to accept it or not, her choice. All hers.
    You can't force a service member to take a drug, as a condition of service. I challenge you to show me in any DoD, NAVMAC, Air Force, or Army regulation where any branch of service, or arms reserves that right. Let me help you out, you can't, because it doesn't exist and never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #817
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can't force a service member to take a drug, as a condition of service. I challenge you to show me in any DoD, NAVMAC, Air Force, or Army regulation where any branch of service, or arms reserves that right. Let me help you out, you can't, because it doesn't exist and never will.
    Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean it never will, mr. psychic.

    And not all IUDs have hormone releases. Though, IMO, any woman in her right mind would choose the hormone one over the non-hormone one.

    But let me get this straight: Under no circumstances could the navy require someone to take medication in order to serve on a sub? Even if that medication treats an ailment the soldier has? If they would be a detriment to the mission without say... their blood pressure medication or insulin, the navy would let them board without said medication? They wouldn't require them to take their medication?

  8. #818
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean it never will, mr. psychic.
    You be sure and let me know when it does exist. Cool?

    And not all IUDs have hormone releases. Though, IMO, any woman in her right mind would choose the hormone one over the non-hormone one.
    Either way, you can force a female service member to use birth control.

    But let me get this straight: Under no circumstances could the navy require someone to take medication in order to serve on a sub? Even if that medication treats an ailment the soldier has? If they would be a detriment to the mission without say... their blood pressure medication or insulin, the navy would let them board without said medication? They wouldn't require them to take their medication?
    A sailor on blood pressure medicine, or insulin probably wouldn't be allowed to serve on a submarine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #819
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You be sure and let me know when it does exist. Cool?
    I'm sure you'll find out about it. Just like when women got to vote and were allowed to join the military. Things change, we progress.

    Either way, you can force a female service member to use birth control.
    So you keep you saying. I disagree. Used to be that you couldn't allow a female to serve at all. Things change.


    A sailor on blood pressure medicine, or insulin probably wouldn't be allowed to serve on a submarine.[/QUOTE]
    Isn't that discrimination?

  10. #820
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I'm sure you'll find out about it. Just like when women got to vote and were allowed to join the military. Things change, we progress.


    So you keep you saying. I disagree. Used to be that you couldn't allow a female to serve at all. Things change.
    You can believe what you want, but out here in the real world, it just ain't gonna happen. Besides, I don't see how violating a serviceman's rights is, "progress".


    A sailor on blood pressure medicine, or insulin probably wouldn't be allowed to serve on a submarine.
    Isn't that discrimination? [/QUOTE]

    No, it's for the safety of that sailor and the crew. What if that sailor became insulin deficient, or blacked out during a real world scenario, like a missile launch, or an attack on the ship? What if, for whatever reason, he can't take his meds?

    It's no more discrimination than not allowing a person who takes blood pressure medicine, or is on insulin to fly an aircraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •