Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #801
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Killing is against a some people's religious belief, those folks don't join the army. What if it were my religion to roll on shrooms every sunday? I wouldn't join the army because that would be hard to do. Is the army going to approve my shroom intake? I doubt it.
    Personel who don't want to kill the enemy, because of their religious convictions are still allowed to serve as contientious objectors, too. So that argument is a big fail.

    Your argument that mandating those on subs to take birth control is against religious freedom is a thin argument, your probably making it for the lack of one. If they have a religious problem with it then they can gtfo and be religiously ignorant elsewhere.
    If a soldier can't be ordered to kill the enemy on the battlefield, because of religious beliefs, then a soldier can't be ordered to take birth control, because of religious beliefs.



    Not really, its a hormone birth control. Not much of a drug really, i dont see how thats going to lead to forcing soldiers to take controlled substances which is outrageous even to the wildest imagination.
    I'm not aware of any birth control drug that isn't controlled through prescription.

    Seriously what fantasy application is there for mind altering drugs in the military?
    You must be totally unaware of LSD experimentation on soldiers during the 50's and 60's.

    I dont know, I wasn't allowed to undergo sexual activity in basic I don't see why I would be allowed to have sex while on a sub. I don't know that much about the military, you're obviously the military smart pants here, not me.

    Perhaps you should tone down the, "you don't know what the **** you're talking about", routine, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #802
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    A vet none the less. Not my fault my assignment didn't require it.
    Maybe not your fault, but I bet you weren't begging to get transferred to a line unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #803
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    it would be religious discrimination, because you're telling a sailor that she can't serve, because of her religious beliefs.
    No, we are saying that she can serve if she chooses, but she has to follow the rules. And if her religion requires her to see the sun every day, then she shouldn't get on a sub. No religious discrimination at all. She has the choice to serve, no one is telling her she can't serve at all. The decision is ALL HERS.

    All, but one...
    Explain how all but one is a choice.

  4. #804
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    LOL...if you're meeting PFT standards, there should be no need for physical re-training.
    Hard to tell, since PFT was never a requirement at any of the hospitals I was stationed at. I dare say you would've seen a fairly high failure rate if it was suddenly required.

  5. #805
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe not your fault, but I bet you weren't begging to get transferred to a line unit.
    Hey, why don't we denigrate people's service....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #806
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe not your fault, but I bet you weren't begging to get transferred to a line unit.
    No way in hell would I volunteer for field duty.

  7. #807
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    No, we are saying that she can serve if she chooses, but she has to follow the rules. And if her religion requires her to see the sun every day, then she shouldn't get on a sub. No religious discrimination at all. She has the choice to serve, no one is telling her she can't serve at all. The decision is ALL HERS.
    And, one of those rules cannot be that she must take birth control. How the hell would you enforce that, anyway?

    Ship's captain: "Take your birth control, sailor?"

    Female sailor: "Oh, yes sir!"


    Explain how all but one is a choice.
    I already have, but I don't mind doing it again: You can't force a female service member to take birth control as a condition of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #808
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey, why don't we denigrate people's service....
    Thanks, but it doesn't bother me.

  9. #809
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    No way in hell would I volunteer for field duty.
    Thank you for illustrating my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #810
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey, why don't we denigrate people's service....
    You've done, so I thought you would be cool with it. Remember when you and Carrier Navy's experience outweighed mine, IOW, I must not know ****? recall when you said that? Which infantry unit did you serve in, BTW? I mean, since you know so much more than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •