Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #791
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    If those drugs are beneficial and /or necessary for the success of a voluntary mission, yes.
    it ain't gonna happen, so you might as well stop trying to argue for it...


    No, merely their ability to work on a sub.
    That would be religious discrimination.


    Nothing out of control at all. Don't want to use birth control? Don't want to be underwater for months? Don't want to be in cramped quarters? Don't want to share sleeping areas? Don't want to do the job? Don't volunteer to work on a sub. Pretty simple. Nothing out of control whatsoever.
    You're on target, accept for the birth control part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #792
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I bet she couldn't hump a ruck all day, because body builders's bodies are so accustomed to getting alot of calories everyday and when her daily caloric intake is cut in half--which happens in the field--she'll be useless.
    She's a Marine.

    I'd bet my house on her over YOU any day.
    Last edited by Glinda; 02-28-10 at 03:54 PM.

  3. #793
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because if they can order a female to take birth control, they can order everyother soldier to take anything else they may deem fit, even experimental drugs, or mind altering drugs.
    Your penchant for absolutely absurd slippery slope arguments is showing. Next thing you know, there will be lesbian orgies and male-bondage on subs.

    Good god. You should listen to yourself sometime.

  4. #794
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Forcing a female to do something that is contrary to her religious beliefs is denying her religious freedom. It would be the same as forcing a Muslims soldier to eat pork, because that's what's for supper and it's either that, or go hungry.
    Killing is against a some people's religious belief, those folks don't join the army. What if it were my religion to roll on shrooms every sunday? I wouldn't join the army because that would be hard to do. Is the army going to approve my shroom intake? I doubt it.

    Your argument that mandating those on subs to take birth control is against religious freedom is a thin argument, your probably making it for the lack of one. If they have a religious problem with it then they can gtfo and be religiously ignorant elsewhere.

    It sets a precedence for forcing other soldiers to take drugs.
    Not really, its a hormone birth control. Not much of a drug really, i dont see how thats going to lead to forcing soldiers to take controlled substances which is outrageous even to the wildest imagination. Seriously what fantasy application is there for mind altering drugs in the military?

    I would love for you to show the regulation that prohibits sex. Thanks in advance.
    I dont know, I wasn't allowed to undergo sexual activity in basic I don't see why I would be allowed to have sex while on a sub. I don't know that much about the military, you're obviously the military smart pants here, not me.

  5. #795
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    As with any other assignment in the Army, it could change at any time. You have to be ready to go into the field at any time as a solider. In the end that is what you are medic or not.

    So yes, there is an absolute need for it.
    Depends on what you mean by field. Working in a field hospital would've been quite easy; but working as a combat medic would've required some serious physical re-training and at least 4 months training to change MOS's.

    When I was in Korea, I was assigned to 8th Army and we never did PT, never ran, and never went to the field. The same couldn't be said for medics assigned to the 2nd Inf Div. Those guys did PT every day, ran 2 miles every day and were frequently in the field.

  6. #796
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    it ain't gonna happen, so you might as well stop trying to argue for it...
    Psychic again?


    That would be religious discrimination.
    How in the **** would that be religious discrimination? What if your religion required that you worship daily in the sun. Would it be religious discrimination if they weren't allowed to do that on a sub that they VOLUNTEERED to serve on?

    Of course not. The accusation is absurd.

    They are not forced to serve in the military. They are not forced to serve on a sub. They are not forced to use birth control. If they choose to enter the military and choose to serve on a sub, then they would have to abide by certain rules. One of which should be birth control. THis is not discrimination. Rules for employment are not discrimination. They have a choice. Their religion is a choice, and their career is a choice.


    You're on target, accept for the birth control part.
    All of it is on target.

  7. #797
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    She's a Marine.

    I'd bet my house on her over YOU any day.
    After you do, you might wanna start looking for someplace to live, too.

    Being a "Marine" doesn't mean jack ****. Because at the end of the day, she's a female Marine and got through the system meeting lower standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #798
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Psychic again?
    No, experienced. You be sure and let me know when it happens. I won't hold my breath.



    How in the **** would that be religious discrimination? What if your religion required that you worship daily in the sun. Would it be religious discrimination if they weren't allowed to do that on a sub that they VOLUNTEERED to serve on?
    it would be religious discrimination, because you're telling a sailor that she can't serve, because of her religious beliefs.





    All of it is on target.
    All, but one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #799
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by field. Working in a field hospital would've been quite easy; but working as a combat medic would've required some serious physical re-training and at least 4 months training to change MOS's.
    LOL...if you're meeting PFT standards, there should be no need for physical re-training.

    When I was in Korea, I was assigned to 8th Army and we never did PT, never ran, and never went to the field. The same couldn't be said for medics assigned to the 2nd Inf Div. Those guys did PT every day, ran 2 miles every day and were frequently in the field.
    The reason I didn't count you as one of the veterans I mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #800
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The reason I didn't count you as one of the veterans I mentioned.
    A vet none the less. Not my fault my assignment didn't require it.

Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •