Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #591
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,944

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    [quote=Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    A woman in shape is probably worse of all......I can see someone like Angelina Jolie carrying a 200 lb back pack or a 50 mile hike with that pack on where you run 5 miles and then walk 5 miles alternating...........I beter be some 6 ft 180 lb amazon otherwise no way......?[/QUOTE]



    Why the **** am I responding to you............I already said byeeeeeeeeee ....




    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    200 lbs? Is that all?
    First of all a 200 lbs rucksack is for any distance at all more than the vast majority of men in the Millitary can handle. My MOS rucks some of the heaviest packs of anyone in the millitary if not the heaviest and the heaviest I have ever carried is 165. Let me tell you that you dont want to be going to far with that and it better not be too rough of terrain. And there aint anybody running with a 200lbs ruck thats for dam sure.

    Second rivrrat I dont doubt that you are in very good shape and can do more that a large % of men but I would be willing to bet that you would have a very hard time standing up with a 200lbs pack and weapon.Let alone travel 20klicks through tuff terrain. 200lbs is a lot harder for a 130lbs (I am not saying you weigh that just used as a number LOL) female than it is for a
    210lbs man. That dosent take anything away from you it is just the facts of life.
    Last edited by braindrain; 02-26-10 at 06:43 PM.
    President Franklin Roosevelt eulogized a fallen American Soldier by saying, “He stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die [that] freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it he lives--in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

  2. #592
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    First of all a 200 lbs rucksack is for any distance at all more than the vast majority of men in the Millitary can handle. My MOS rucks some of the heaviest packs of anyone in the millitary if not the heaviest and the heaviest I have ever carried is 165. Let me tell you that you dont want to be going to far with that and it better not be too rough of terrain. And there aint anybody running with a 200lbs ruck thats for dam sure.

    Second rivrrat I dont doubt that you are in very good shape and can do more that a large % of men but I would be willing to bet that you would have a very hard time standing up with a 200lbs pack and weapon.Let alone travel 20klicks through tuff terrain. 200lbs is a lot harder for a 130lbs (I am not saying you weigh that just used as a number LOL) female than it is for a
    210lbs man. That dosent take anything away from you it is just the facts of life.
    I'm quite aware of what I can and cannot do, and I'm also very aware of what I did years ago when I was in better shape. I was being sarcastic with my "is that all" comment, because I knew damn well he was exaggerating. I also know, however, that I hiked for miles carrying 100lbs on my shoulder, and more than that over my head. Something on my back would have been a ****ing godsend as opposed to on my shoulder or over my head.

  3. #593
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I already did. Try to keep up, old man.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Navy will soon let women serve on subsStop the personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #594
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    cheese!!!

    .........
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #595
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I know 90% of the females out there would have no chance. The other 9% mite give me a good run. About 1% could actually beat me. I also know more about you than you think.

    So like I said, until you can kick my ass...
    It is a shame and disgrace that you think of women as lesser than males.

    You know Nothing about me! If you do? Feel free to PM me all about ME. Til then? I think you would be better served to shut your mouth on things you have no clue about.

    Based on your post? You know a lot about nothing and are very closed-minded. But carry on with ya bad self
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #596
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We are talking about physical standards. Please catch up.

    They have ALWAYS been lower for females.
    I'll just quote Redress, as she understands the point I'm making with absolute clarity.

    The test is not to measure anything beyond overall physical fitness. Men and women are different. Different numerical requirements lead to roughly the same level of fitness. In the same way that a man at 17 who can run the mile and half in 11 minutes is unexceptional, but a man at 40 who can is remarkable, a woman who can do 51 pushups is super exceptionally fit, while for a man it is unexceptionally fit.

    The tests are not deigned to determine specific ability, but to ensure you are basically fit. Once you figure that out, the rest might finally make sense to you. --Redress

    "Please catch up. "

  7. #597
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I'll just quote Redress, as she understands the point I'm making with absolute clarity.
    "Please catch up. "
    Your point is you have no point.

    Read the responses to Red, and then you mite actually see my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #598
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It is a shame and disgrace that you think of women as lesser than males.
    Please point out where I said this? It is news to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    You know Nothing about me! If you do? Feel free to PM me all about ME. Til then? I think you would be better served to shut your mouth on things you have no clue about.
    Please Kali, I have been in the Tavern more than one time. I know enough to know you are no match for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Based on your post?
    Based on the fact that females are physically weaker than males. You can deny nature and science all you want, but it will not float

    Here don't take my word for it....

    "Which is the weaker sex? It's a long-running argument - men point to women's weaker physical strength, while women are likely to mutter about 'man' flu. But who is better built to withstand disease? LOWRI TURNER asked a panel of medical experts to settle the matter once and for all ....

    Overall, when you add up the number of individuals affected by all these conditions, women are the weaker sex.
    " - Are women really the weaker sex? The intriguing medical facts that settle the oldest argument of all | Mail Online

    "After looking at all the different data and accounts I have studied on this topic, I have come to a sad conclusion for women ultra runners today. I feel that women will never be able to be competitive with a man on an elite level. The evidence in Dr. Daniels study and by Andy Milroy leads me to believe that due to biological differences, women's bodies do not function in the same way as a mans and are held back in ways that men are not. This was not the outcome that I had planned for my paper. My original idea was that I would prove that women could be competitive with men and on some levels, they can. My beliefs matched the quote at the beginning of this paper explicitly but in reality I have decided that the strength of the woman's mind cannot overcome the differences in body composition. Although I agree that men are faster at ultrarunning than women, I do not share this view in other venues of life. My ideas on the subject best match those of Joan Benoit when she says, "I want to emphasize that the differences between men and women stem from their separate strengths. Let's remember, our bodies have many functions, and running is just one of many uplifting experiences of our physical existence." (Samuelson 15)" - Weaker Sex?

    "Here is some news for all the feminists. Latest research have finally proved that women are weaker than men physically. For their study, the researchers observed activity levels in school children and adults over 70 years of age discovered that males are more active. - Physical Fitness | Man Vs Woman | Health Care | Good Health

    Would you like to ignore all that as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    You know a lot about nothing and are very closed-minded. But carry on with ya bad self
    Ad-hom. nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #599
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Your point is you have no point.

    Read the responses to Red, and then you mite actually see my point.
    You failed to make your point to me though. You did finally make yourself clear, but it did not make the point. As long as the tests are not there to measure ability to do the job, but to measure general overall fitness, your point fails.

    You have failed to show that women are physically unable to serve aboard sub. You have failed to show it will reduce military readiness. You have failed to make a relevant point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #600
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You failed to make your point to me though. You did finally make yourself clear, but it did not make the point. As long as the tests are not there to measure ability to do the job, but to measure general overall fitness, your point fails.
    No it does not. You tried to avoid my answers by saying well this is about submarines, which is true. But we as a group are discussing more than that. At this point your example falls flat. I also said long before in this thread on ships and in planes females are just as capable in most of the jobs required. I am referring to ground troops, not subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have failed to show that women are physically unable to serve aboard sub.
    Please point out anyplace I said this in this thread, or anything even close?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have failed to show it will reduce military readiness.
    You need to read the articles I posted out of West Point then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have failed to make a relevant point.
    Considering nothing you have said applies to my argument, I beg to differ.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-27-10 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •