Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #561
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And yet they are soldiers. So yes, your argument is just as I presented it.
    No they are not soldiers, they are officers in pay grade only. They are not combatants and do not go through the same training at all. What part of that are you misunderstanding? You are presenting false information to justify an unjustifiable position. I mean I was only in the Army 12 years, what the hell do I know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We are talking about navy subs. The navy has physical standards that measure overall fitness, which is appropriate for the navies mission.
    They are much the same across the Navy, Army and Air force. The Marines are the only ones with higher standards initially. Except in the case of Females of course.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-26-10 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #562
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I can remember PTs when I was in the Navy.....We use to call them JFKs as he was the first president to start them.........Honestly they were so easy to do.............anyone that could not pass them would have to be very out of shape.........
    If you look up the regulations on them, that is the exact point of them, to measure basic overall fitness. As long as you where not very out of shape, you could handle your job in the navy.

    Now when it came to heavy lifting, some could, some could not, but it never created much trouble. My first shop supervisor was very short(for which he was given nonstop hell) and there where certain things he simply could not due as a result, such as put a radar antenna into place, but this was never a real problem, since it was required to have more than one person doing the work anyway.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #563
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If you look up the regulations on them, that is the exact point of them, to measure basic overall fitness. As long as you where not very out of shape, you could handle your job in the navy.
    And yet females have even lower standards. Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #564
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No they are not soldiers, they are officers in pay grade only. They are not combatants and do not go through the same training at all. What part of that are you misunderstanding? You are presenting false information to justify an unjustifiable position. I mean I was only in the Army 12 years, what the hell do I know?
    So they have not enlisted in the military? They are not subject to the UCMJ? Oh wait, yes they are, you are only creating an arbitrary distinction because your point does not actually work unless you do so, and even then falls apart because of this arbitrary distinction.

    They are much the same across the Navy, Army and Air force. The Marines are the only ones with higher standards initially. Except in teh case of Females of course.
    We had this discussion in another thread, not sure if you where involved, but yes, the marine PFT standards are to measure overall fitness.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #565
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Can you prove that statement?
    I already did. Try to keep up, old man.

  6. #566
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I agree there day to day duties are not the problem...Their physical capabilities are........
    If they can do their day to day duties that is all that matters.

    Since it is the Navy leadership who is reconsidering this rule it seems they know something that you don't. i.e. That women can do their jobs well enough to serve on subs. All the other PC stuff will fall in line when the sailors are told, "That's an order, son!"
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #567
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet females have even lower standards. Hmmm...
    What part of measuring overall fitness is difficult for you? You are quick to point out that women are different, so maybe, just maybe, the number of situps to measure overall fitness is different too. And this turns out to be the case. Women also are allowed a higher percentage of body fat, since *gasp* women's bodies are different than men's.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #568
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    "DoD noted that America's prior drafts were used to supply adequate numbers of Army ground combat troops. Because women are excluded by policy from front line combat positions, excluding them from the draft process remains justifiable in DoD's view."

    What happens during the next draft if it happnes? Since they will be loosing the safty net of non-combat. Do you want your sisters, wifes and duaghters to be drafted? All things being equal of course.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-26-10 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #569
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What part of measuring overall fitness is difficult for you? You are quick to point out that women are different, so maybe, just maybe, the number of situps to measure overall fitness is different too. And this turns out to be the case. Women also are allowed a higher percentage of body fat, since *gasp* women's bodies are different than men's.
    So if they cannot pass equal physical standards, the main argument of most here falls flat.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-26-10 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #570
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I already did. Try to keep up, old man.
    No you didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •