Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #551
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What part of "Non combatant" did you miss?
    Medics are non combatants; are they exempt also?

  2. #552
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Medics are non combatants; are they exempt also?
    I just do not believe you were in the army with a comment like that. You could not have been. I think you are a youngster trying to act like an old man.

    If you were, you would know medics most certainly are considered combatants in the Field. When required to they fight like everyone else.

    All of this is basic knowledge. You are trying to make an argument that is nothing more than a fallacy.

    Are you going to bring up Chaplin's next?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-26-10 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #553
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Doctors in the Army are officers without command. They are not leaders of men and considered non-combatants. They get the respect of the rank and pay, thats it. Same for Army nurses.

    They are civilians in a support role and considered non combatants. They do not go through basic training, they go through ROTC.

    They do not have to meet the physical requirements at all. Same with Chaplin's.
    So every one should meet infantry standards, except those who should not meet infantry standards? Gotcha, well thought out position there.

    By the way, since this topic is about navy subs, isn't infantry standards kinda silly?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #554
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So every one should meet infantry standards, except those who should not meet infantry standards? Gotcha, well thought out position there.
    Redress, they are not required to have any standards as they are not considered solders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    By the way, since this topic is about navy subs, isn't infantry standards kinda silly?
    When talking about physical requirements, no. But your comment above was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Its a joke to say Navy Corpsman are non combatents.......They may not carry guns but they are in combat right along side their marine brothers.......sometime go to DC to the Viet Nam wall and see how many navy corpsmans names are on that wall...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #556
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have got to be ****ing kidding me. That is a recent issue. Since the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Yes it is. Aren't we discussing our CURRENT military?

    The whining about possibly lowering standards to accept women is happening TODAY. Yet, the military has already lowered its standards to accept sub-par men for four or five years, now.

    The ZOMG! WE CAN'T LOWER MILITARY STANDARDS! argument falls flat.


  7. #557
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Yes it is. Aren't we discussing our CURRENT military?

    The whining about possibly lowering standards to accept women is happening TODAY. Yet, the military has already lowered its standards to accept sub-par men for four or five years, now.

    The ZOMG! WE CAN'T LOWER MILITARY STANDARDS! argument falls flat.
    Can you prove that statement?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #558
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Yes it is. Aren't we discussing our CURRENT military?

    The whining about possibly lowering standards to accept women is happening TODAY. Yet, the military has already lowered its standards to accept sub-par men for four or five years, now.

    The ZOMG! WE CAN'T LOWER MILITARY STANDARDS! argument falls flat.

    It does not make it fall flat at all. It quantifies it even more.

    It started with the introduction of females into the regular service. So your argument does indeed fall flat.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-26-10 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #559
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Redress, they are not required to have any standards as they are not considered solders.
    And yet they are soldiers. So yes, your argument is just as I presented it.


    When talking about physical requirements, no. But your comment above was.
    We are talking about navy subs. The navy has physical standards that measure overall fitness, which is appropriate for the navies mission.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #560
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    I can remember PTs when I was in the Navy.....We use to call them JFKs as he was the first president to start them.........Honestly they were so easy to do.............anyone that could not pass them would have to be very out of shape.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •