Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #511
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But it DOES have something to do with how the military operates.

    Not directly, as in chain of command, but indirectly, as in the relationship my third statement indicates:
    I would add that other means to control how the military does things can be used, and have been in the past.

    The military leadership must take into account various factors.

    Public opinion of the military is one, although perhaps not a great one, and those factors may only be a minor part of the equation.

    But to say that NOTHING except the direct chain of command has an effect on military policy is to ignore human nature.
    Have you served..If you had you would know that the military could not operate without a chain of command.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #512
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So you say there should be no physical standards right.......OK what if your right and you and a female are in a foxhole and its about to be over run with the enemy......would you rather be with a 200 lb guy who can meet any physical standard or be with a 100 ln female to back you up?
    Umm...What?



    I said, if I recall correctly (and thanks to this excellent forum system, I can):
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think all military standards for physical/mental condition should be set on a job/position basis ONLY.

    If someone, no matter their gender, can meet those requirements, they should be allowed to enter that job.

    Thus, females should be allowed to serve on subs if they meet the requirements.
    What in those statements led you to believe that I was advocating NO physical standards.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #513
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Have you served..If you had you would know that the military could not operate without a chain of command.........
    No I have not...Sometimes I think about doing so, however...

    But despite not serving, I am fully aware that the military could not operate as effectively as it does without a chain of command.

    Where in my statements did I indicate that I DID think such?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #514
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    You're mixing your arguments, and have been doing so for quite some time.
    No I have not.

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    The 'whites vs blacks' argument was originally made a point of in order to contradict the claim that 'women working with men would have a bad effect on the men' - because an equal claim was made about black integration and everyone got over it fairly fast. The same, I suspect, will go for repealing DADT. A competent soldier will quickly be recognised as a competent soldier, whether they are black/white, straight/gay, or male/female.
    No it was not. And it was not in any way brought up or mentioned by me.

    It was brought up as a comparison to females being segregated right out of certain jobs.

    As I pointed out then black men and females in general are not physically or mentally the same. Black men and white men are the same.

    So that argument is silly and does not apply.

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    That 'men are stronger than women' has nothing to do with integration. It's an entirely seperate point - one which is seperately rendered invalid by the fact that, although this is the case, some women would undoubtably be physically fit enough to work competantly on a sub.
    It has everything to do with being able to pass the same requirments as men. You are still missing the point.

    Standards will be lowered for women AS THEY ALREADY HAVE BEEN IN EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF CIVILIAN AND MILITARY READINESS to put more females in to the positions. This is not a guess, this is a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    Your only remaining argument, from what I can see, is that there is a risk that standards will be lowered in order that more women get accepted. Personally, I think that's unlikely - but there's no way of proving it, either way. You'll just have to wait and see.
    No risk, it has already happend and will continue to happen. I don't have to wait, been there and done that for 12 years. How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #515
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    A woman in shape is probably worse of all......I can see someone like Angelina Jolie carrying a 200 lb back pack or a 50 mile hike with that pack on where you run 5 miles and then walk 5 miles alternating...........I beter be some 6 ft 180 lb amazon otherwise no way......

    Why the **** am I responding to you............I already said byeeeeeeeeee ....
    A 200 lb pack? Are you kidding? Maybe for some MOS's, but not all MOS's.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Umm...What?



    I said, if I recall correctly (and thanks to this excellent forum system, I can):
    What in those statements led you to believe that I was advocating NO physical standards.
    I apologize for confusing you with some other liberal.....You have to understand one thing.........I am fighting the good fight against radical liberalism with about 4 people on 4 different threads at the same time...

    again I am sorry but I think by now you know my position on the issue.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #517
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I apologize for confusing you with some other liberal.....You have to understand one thing.........I am fighting the good fight against radical liberalism with about 4 people on 4 different threads at the same time...

    again I am sorry but I think by now you know my position on the issue.......
    Understandable.

    And yes, I think I probably do.

    Not that I agree.

    But meh.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #518
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    A 200 lb pack? Are you kidding? Maybe for some MOS's, but not all MOS's.
    I did not say all Mos......The argument is about letting women be allowed in all Mos...........-
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #519
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I did not say all Mos......The argument is about letting women be allowed in all Mos...........-
    Glad you're not. Some advocate "infantry" standards for all MOS's.

  10. #520
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I did not say all Mos......The argument is about letting women be allowed in all Mos...........-
    Don't bother arguing with the Wabbit, he's just likes to argue of silly things.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •