Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #381
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Even us lowly behind the lines guys

    From my experience, I'd be leery of trusting my life to my counterparts in the field. Those guys were scary and pretty inept.
    That is the difference between a "draft" army and an all volunteer force. Don't get me wrong, we still had our share of idiots in my time as well. As I am certain they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #382
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    She sued the Fire Dept and won. Hence the whole issue with why females should not be in combat. Invariably someone will win and get the standards reduced.

    The standards are tough to deal with the stresses of combat. As the testimony I posted from West Point says, realistically it will lead to reduced standards for females and eventually men as happened at West Point.
    Thank God only people 80 pounds and under need rescuing...

  3. #383
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thank God only people 80 pounds and under need rescuing...
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #384
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is the difference between a "draft" army and an all volunteer force. Don't get me wrong, we still had our share of idiots in my time as well. As I am certain they still do.
    Very few of us were drafted. The draft ended while I was still in basic and I only knew of one guy who was drafted. I met him at my first assignment.

  5. #385
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Even us lowly behind the lines guys

    From my experience, I'd be leery of trusting my life to my counterparts in the field. Those guys were scary and pretty inept.
    Again...NOT the same military. World has changed. Military has changed. Even the jobs of those behind the scenes guys...

  6. #386
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Again...NOT the same military. World has changed. Military has changed. Even the jobs of those behind the scenes guys...
    I should hope so. The Army I knew in the 70's was quite pathetic.

  7. #387
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Exactly!
    Ive actually heard soldiers (men and women) saying "Its not fair!" when told they had to carry the heaviest men in the squad out of a live fire zone...when...come on...lets face facts...in a real world downrange situation you dont get to pick and choose missions, who is hurt, who you are going to help, etc...and in a real world deploymen...you dont know nothing about 'fair'.

  8. #388
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I should hope so. The Army I knew in the 70's was quite pathetic.
    That was a heck of a drawdown...from a LONG period of very ugly combat. Viet Nam was no doubt the WORST managed war the US has ever been involved in.

  9. #389
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I should hope so. The Army I knew in the 70's was quite pathetic.
    Well...for the record...pathetic as it was (kidding) thanks for your service. You guys had to bridge the gap from the Vietnam era to the Gulf War era.

  10. #390
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-29-11 @ 01:30 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    151

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It means they should be an accurate reflection of the demands of the job. For instance, it was mentioned that on a sub, some equipment weighs 150 pounds, and a woman couldn't move that by herself.

    Tell me...how many men move a 150 pound pump, BY THEMSELVES? If they do, that's stupid, they are risking back injury for no good reason.
    Moving 150 pounds around as a man is simply not very hard. I would venture to guess that nearly all men in the military would be able to do that over at least short distances.

Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •