Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #331
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And a combat infantry person would kick your ass if you called a file clerk combat infantry.
    Did I call anyone combat infantry? I said infantry. Everyone takes basic Infantry training, period.

    God people are dense sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #332
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    I already related my experiences with an M16 while I was in.
    And it does not say much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Did I call anyone combat infantry? I said infantry. Everyone takes basic Infantry training, period.

    God people are dense sometimes.
    Yes, and that basic training is the equivalent of giving 2 months training to a person in med school and calling them a doctor.

    You know damn well they are not the infantry that people think of when you mention the name. Even in the Army, you don't call a file clerk infantry.

  4. #334
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And it does not say much.
    Blame the Army for that. I rather enjoyed shooting it.

  5. #335
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, and that basic training is the equivalent of giving 2 months training to a person in med school and calling them a doctor.
    No it's not. If this were the case the Marines would be wrong.

    You would be a combat medic though. Your comparison is ridicules.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You know damn well they are not the infantry that people think of when you mention the name. Even in the Army, you don't call a file clerk infantry.
    I don't care what people think? I know what I am talking about. In the end everyone IS infantry. They tell you this in basic for goodness sake.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-25-10 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #336
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't care what people think? I know what I am talking about. In the end everyone IS infantry. They tell you this in basic for goodness sake.
    If I were you, I wouldn't take me or anyone else in my career group for a foxhole buddy. What we learned in basic was a distant memory

  7. #337
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn't take me or anyone else in my career group for a foxhole buddy. What we learned in basic was a distant memory
    Then I feel sorry for you if you ended up in the ****. I would be alive and you would be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #338
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Females cannot do the same physical job as men in most cases. Military life aggravates this difference. Actual ground combat aggravates it to the breaking point.
    For the 1000th time. No one has talked about reducing the standards for women. If they can't hack. They can't hack it, that is fine. You keep saying that 99% of women couldn't do what men do. That's fine; leave those 99% of women out. Let the other 1% who want to and can do it in. If no women are capable, fine, no women are capable. That doesn't mean that those who can and want to do it should be left out.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  9. #339
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    For the 1000th time. No one has talked about reducing the standards for women. If they can't hack. They can't hack it, that is fine. You keep saying that 99% of women couldn't do what men do. That's fine; leave those 99% of women out. Let the other 1% who want to and can do it in. If no women are capable, fine, no women are capable. That doesn't mean that those who can and want to do it should be left out.
    You need to read the rest of my posts.

    Realistically as I have said over and over, it will not be done.

    Post #314 would also be helpful.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-25-10 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #340
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    A couple of basic points...

    1-Every branch of the service experiences readiness problems when women are in deployable positions. Witness the number of women that end up pregnant prior to or during rotations and deployments and have to be replaced. And anyone that thinks this DOESNT happen has NO IDEA what they are talking about. And no...it doesnt talk MASS pregnancy rates...it only talks a few to screw up a deployment chalk.

    2-Want to watch something sad...watch female soldiers during live fire exercises trying to carry their wounded battle buddy to safety. Very little more pathetic than watching somene plop down on the ground and sob because they cant do it. 1 soldier down eliminates two. Very pathetic.

    3-that is NOT to say that women CANT do the job. What I guess it says is that there should be one standard across the board for fitness and deployment expectations. Make no mistakes...Ive seen many female soldiers that can hack...but far more that cannot and those people have NO business being in combat and deployable situations.

    4-Even the Air Force qualifies their airmen with M-16s prior to deployment. And yes...so Army 'fileclerks' are qualified before they deploy...including the Airborne Fileclerks that are combat trained prior to going into Afghanistan, Iraq, and anywhere else. Most fileclerks also are used for demolition of seized weapons, weapons maintenance, etc.

Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •