Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 967

Thread: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

  1. #161
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I don't require being 'accommodated'. That's what you don't seem to get. And how the **** have I been trolling? Stating my ****ing opinion is trolling, now?
    When your opinion is not based on reality or facts? Then yes. It is most certainly trolling. You're one level bellow Scarecrow_Akbhar. Mostly because at the very least he manages to actually know a thing or two about what he is talking about once in a while. Instead of relying on their personal experience like it actually means anything to anybody.

    I never said they WERE going to do co-ed. Could you point me to where I did say that? I said they SHOULD. All you crybabies whining and crying about how 'hard' it would be to let women on a sub and yet... they're doing it. You're saying it's impossible, yet... well, you saw the link
    And yet you still prove you have not a single clue what it is you are talking about. The fact that they should do co-ed has nothing to do with reality.

    Oh, they have to sign a bill. Gee... that's soooo ****ing hard, isn't it? I think I'll go cry for all of the hard work entailed.
    Are you really this ignorant of the military? It is not just signing a bill. Read what I actually said instead of pretending you did more than look at the cool little letters :

    30 days to respond. No. The ban is not simply lifted. Congress has to approve of it and to some extent so does the CinC and JCS. That takes months for minor changes and for changes such as this, years. Finally :

    Now because of women a completely new set of rules, training manuals and courses on sensitivity will have to be created for men inside submarines to deal with women. Obviously in the real world, it is not as easy as you paint it though.
    No. Not because of women. Because of ****tard, PC ****heads.
    Do you even know what Politically Correct means? The politically incorrect stance on this matter would be to keep things as they are and not letting women go on subs. Or is it that you, like MSgt, throw out the word "PC" whenever you're losing the argument?

    Yes, it IS as easy as I paint it.
    As your own article demonstrates, it is not.

    It's ****tards that do everything they can to make it as difficult as they can.
    Take it up with the Navy. Where people who know what words like "ergonomic" and "politically correct" mean.

    Signing a ****ing bill to lift a ban isn't hard.
    If that were the only thing necessary you'd be right. But it is not. Then again, you wouldn't know this because you think all it takes is signing a bill.

    Retrofitting a sub isn't necessary.[ Are they doing it? Yes. Is it necessary? NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST. Neither is all other ****ing bull****.
    But it will happen regardless. Thanks to women like you. Who complain whenever they don't get their way.

    EDIT: And are you seriously going to sit here and argue the position that women shouldn't serve on a sub because it'll be too much paperwork? That too many people will have to read things and sign things? Is your position really that weak, that's what it boils down to? Too much paperwork?
    No. I am arguing from a purely ergonomic perspective. A submarine is a cramped space as it is. Having to completely remodel our submarines, because women like you think that all it takes is signing a bill is quite ridiculous and a huge waste of money. But please, attempt to actually learn how to read sometime so we can debate this in words that do not involve "should, could and would".
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-24-10 at 01:16 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #162
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    When your opinion is not based on reality or facts? Then yes.
    Uh huh. And what 'reality' exactly is it that my opinion isn't based on? The reality that women can and do serve on subs in other countries? The reality that women can and do perform the physical tasks that men do? The reality that men and women can and do live in co-ed quarters in countless other situations?

    And yet you still prove you have not a single clue what it is you are talking about. The fact that they should do co-ed has nothing to do with reality.
    Should has everything to do with it, since we change laws and rules to coincide with what we think people SHOULD do.


    Are you really this ignorant of the military? It is not just signing a bill. Read what I actually said instead of pretending you did more than look at the cool little letters :
    I did read it.

    Do you even know what Politically Correct means? The politically incorrect stance on this matter would be to keep things as they are and not letting women go on subs. Or is it that you, like MSgt, throw out the word "PC" whenever you're losing the argument?
    Really? So those 'sensitivity classes' you were bitching about aren't PC, huh?

    Take it up with the Navy. Where people who know what words like "ergonomic" and "politically correct" mean.
    I would if I could. But as it is right now, we're having a discussion HERE. And if you don't like what I say, then PLEASE put me on ignore and stop responding to me. I promise my feelings won't be hurt in the slightest.

    But it will happen regardless. Thanks to women like you. Who complain whenever they don't get their way.
    I know! Damn us people who want equal rights! Damn us all to hell who complain when we aren't given equal rights. We suck as bad as those pesky blacks who refused to sit at the back of bus.


    No. I am arguing from a purely ergonomic perspective. A submarine is a cramped space as it is. Having to completely remodel our submarines, because women like you think that all it takes is signing a bill is quite ridiculous and a huge waste of money. But please, attempt to actually learn how to read sometime so we can debate this in words that do not involve "should, could and would".
    No remodeling is required.

  3. #163
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Why, because they're officers and gentlemen; and know how to exercise self-discipline? Whereas enlisted personnel are the opposite and a bunch of uncouth scum with no self-disciple whatsoever?
    Yes a small percentage are just that, as well as officers. Your comparison is naive at best. That is besides the point though.

    We are waisting time and effort on something that is not necessary and will end in just like it did for the Russian and Israeli military, and most other military organizations in the world who no longer or never did allow females into combat positions. The fact is they are not really built for it mentally or physically. Again not sexist, mother nature and a fact.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-24-10 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Why, because they're officers and gentlemen; and know how to exercise self-discipline? Whereas enlisted personnel are the opposite and a bunch of uncouth scum with no self-disciple whatsoever?
    No. It has to do with working conditions. People who work in the space station do not have to deal with ergonomics on the same level as submarines. Submarines are already cramped for room because of the simple fact that they usually need more food than they can actually carry. Secondly because the firepower they carry, takes up a ****load of room. Thirdly because they need to keep walking space to an absolutely minimum. Finally and conclusively because they are made so that very little room is wasted. Having to add women on a submarine now adds the extra problem of accommodating them. Regardless of what people who know nothing of the Navy think, it is not that easy to do but yet has to happen. Why? So a few women can shove their political correctness down our throats.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #165
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    This is a good thing but based on this thread? I see sexism is still alive and kicking in this Good OLD Boy Country!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #166
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    This is a good thing but based on this thread? I see sexism is still alive and kicking in this Good OLD Boy Country!
    I tell you what. The day you can kick my ass, you can call me sexist, OK?

    In fact the day you can carry the same load, run 10 miles as fast etc. Then and only then can you call me sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #167
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes a small percentage are just that, as well as officers. Your comparison is naive at best. That is besides the point though.

    We are waisting time and effort on something that is not necessary and will end in just like it did for the Russian military and most other military organizations in the world who no longer or never did allow females into combat positions.
    From my experience in the Army, it's more than a small percentage.

    It wasn't necessary to integrate blacks into the military either. We won WWII without doing so, yet we did it anyway ..why?

    The not necessary bit doesn't fly, because that's not an excuse to continue policies that discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

  8. #168
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    From my experience in the Army, it's more than a small percentage.
    Welcome to the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    It wasn't necessary to integrate blacks into the military either. We won WWII without doing so, yet we did it anyway ..why?
    Since they are both male it was quite different.

    Apples and oranges.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    The not necessary bit doesn't fly, because that's not an excuse to continue policies that discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    It is nothing but PC bull**** as the military does not need females to do the job a man needs to be doing, period.

    Your argument has yet to show how a space shuttle crew compares in any way whatsoever to a submarine crew. In fact now you are trying to use race. Stick on track.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-24-10 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Uh huh. And what 'reality' exactly is it that my opinion isn't based on? The reality that women can and do serve on subs in other countries? The reality that women can and do perform the physical tasks that men do? The reality that men and women can and do live in co-ed quarters in countless other situations?
    And yet our fleet of submarines would sink their entire navies. Your argument is silly. Our Navy makes The Australian Navy look like a few boats in the ocean from a purely numeral perspective. The fact that now every single submarine we have will have to be retro-ed at the expense of taxpayers just so a few people can feel good about themselves is ridiculous.

    Should has everything to do with it, since we change laws and rules to coincide with what we think people SHOULD do.
    And yet there are laws we simply do not change because it would cost more economically and from a purely utilitarian perspective. This is one of those things.

    I did read it.
    Good. Then you can admit you're wrong now and we can all move on.

    Really? So those 'sensitivity classes' you were bitching about aren't PC, huh?
    LMAO so let me get this straight. You support the PC that gives us women serving on submarines but you do not support the PC classes that come as a result of it? Let me introduce you to the word: Inconsistent

    I would if I could. But as it is right now, we're having a discussion HERE. And if you don't like what I say, then PLEASE put me on ignore and stop responding to me. I promise my feelings won't be hurt in the slightest.
    I'd rather show you for the complete ignoramus that you are. It's fun to bring people to the real world when they get too sucked up in MMORPGs.

    I know! Damn us people who want equal rights! Damn us all to hell who complain when we aren't given equal rights. We suck as bad as those pesky blacks who refused to sit at the back of bus.
    Which equal rights are those? Gays serving openly? Sure. Blacks & Women in the military? Sure. All of those are rights. Women on submarines? That is a demand. Not a right.

    No remodeling is required.
    But it will happen. Thanks to your political correctness.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #170
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Navy will soon let women serve on subs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And yet our fleet of submarines would sink their entire navies. Your argument is silly. Our Navy makes The Australian Navy look like a few boats in the ocean from a purely numeral perspective.
    The number of ships is irrelevant to the discussion.

    The fact that now every single submarine we have will have to be retro-ed at the expense of taxpayers just so a few people can feel good about themselves is ridiculous.
    They don't have to be retro'd. I know that you seem to agree with the ****tards that think they do, but they don't have to be.

    And yet there are laws we simply do not change because it would cost more economically and from a purely utilitarian perspective. This is one of those things.
    And I, as well as many others, disagree. Equal rights isn't something we can 'skimp' on.


    Good. Then you can admit you're wrong now and we can all move on.
    Wrong about what?

    LMAO so let me get this straight. You support the PC that gives us women serving on submarines but you do not support the PC classes that come as a result of it? Let me introduce you to the word: Inconsistent
    Equal rights isn't PC.

    I'd rather show you for the complete ignoramus that you are. It's fun to bring people to the real world when they get too sucked up in MMORPGs.
    When you succeed, let me know, k? Maybe I'll cry, or ... something.

    Which equal rights are those? Gays serving openly? Sure. Blacks & Women in the military? Sure. All of those are rights. Women on submarines? That is a demand. Not a right.
    Women being allowed to enter into any job that a man is allowed to enter into. Sexism isn't equal rights.

    But it will happen. Thanks to your political correctness.
    Equal rights isn't "PC". It's what we, as a country, do and stand for. It's what our military fights and dies for and yet the military is really one of the final places where equal rights ARE NOT given. Ironic, that.

Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •