Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

  1. #41
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    He's just another RhINO literally in bed with the liberal left looking for someone to bail out his/their liberal socialist spending in CA.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  2. #42
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    He's just another RhINO literally in bed with the liberal left looking for someone to bail out his/their liberal socialist spending in CA.
    He was literally in a bed with the liberal left? Must have been a huge bed!

  3. #43
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    He was literally in a bed with the liberal left? Must have been a huge bed!
    The Governator is married to a niece of Ted Kennedy. Need I say more?
    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  4. #44
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Sorry but what is needed is not any more spending it helps nothing in the long term it only hurts more.
    Which is unrelated to the concept of tax and spend vs spend and borrow.

    So, why is tax and spend bad? You seem to be very intent upon not answering that.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #45
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
    It sure would be nice if folks like obvious Child would take the time to explain why they believe hiking taxation to meet ever increasing spending is good for a state or nation.
    It's better then borrow and spend. At least with tax and spend we assume the responsibility for the spending we do rather then pass it on to the next generation as the Republicans did during the all GOP years of Bush. It is highly immoral to saddle the next generation with debt that you could have paid off yourself because you are too much of a coward to take responsibility.

    By the way, in your future posts, try to keep the outright fabrications at a minimum. Nowhere in my post did I suggest that increasing spending was inherently good, only that tax and spend is more responsible then borrow and spend.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 02-24-10 at 01:09 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #46
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Found out who Malcolm X is Mr. Uninformed or will you continue trolling?
    "By any means necessary"
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #47
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    The fact that there is enough money for pork, is a sure sign that we are overtaxed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #48
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Last Seen
    07-07-11 @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It's better then borrow and spend. At least with tax and spend we assume the responsibility for the spending we do rather then pass it on to the next generation as the Republicans did during the all GOP years of Bush. It is highly immoral to saddle the next generation with debt that you could have paid off yourself because you are too much of a coward to take responsibility.

    By the way, in your future posts, try to keep the outright fabrications at a minimum. Nowhere in my post did I suggest that increasing spending was inherently good, only that tax and spend is more responsible then borrow and spend.
    I understand that tax & spend is better than borrow & spend. But your argument, as typically used by others in past debates, always fails to address the desire to control spending, aka limits on programs.

    So as not to misconstrue your opinions any further, can you tell me which you prefer between a choice of growing federal government programs (and raising taxation appropriately), and limiting and/or cutting federal reach?
    Or, in an ideal world where there are no deficits, do you prefer tax rate hikes, or tax rate cuts for the tax paying public?

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The fact that there is enough money for pork, is a sure sign that we are overtaxed.
    Actually underfunded education and highway systems are a sign that we're undertaxed.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Schwarzenegger hammers fellow Republicans over stimulus hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So, why is tax and spend bad? You seem to be very intent upon not answering that.
    Tax and spend isn't bad.

    Tax $1, Spend $4. That's bad.

    How's the rest of the nation feeling about paying more taxes to bail out California? This is the natural culmination of the Left's failed experiment with socialism. All you non-California lefties, start paying more taxes for the Left Coast.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •